Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile A Thomas cook Question?

So we have booked with Olympic to go to zante in 2 weeks time booked a couple weeks ago.
However our flights are with Thomas cook. All paid for using the credit card.

I’m thinking Olympic have a duty to get us there right? There are easy jet flights that day and probably other options? But if rebooking our flights is too expensive will Olympic cancel and refund us, or will we have to sort ourselves out and claim the tc refund from whomever necessary?

I’m only asking as it’s 2 weeks away and the EZy flights are £200 per person now, so probably only going up now there’s TC worries? And I can’t be the only person in this boat. If it was further out I wouldn’t worry till I get a final verdict or if we had more travel options, but being a Greek island in October and our dates daily fixed, out alternate arrangements grow more limited by the day!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Personally I think their priority will be getting people home safely, however that does mean they will have to send planes out to collect people. Whether you will be on one of these planes - can’t help sorry.

Edited at 02:42 PM.
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Was it booked as a package holiday and you have got an ATOL certificate?
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I posted this on another thread but I post here as well

Back in October 2017 when Monarch went bust, £60m of public money was used to get passengers back to the UK. Under the ATOL guarantee scheme, customers who bought a package holiday through Thomas Cook will be financially protected. Those with future bookings will be offered a full refund.

If you just got flight then you not covered and will need to see if your insurance cover you
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Was it booked as a package holiday and you have got an ATOL certificate?
Booked as a package with Olympic, we have an atol cert.

I guess I made my question very wordy,
In short, if we booked a package with someone else (Olympic, love holidays ect.) who are using TC flights who’s responsible for getting us there/giving our money back.

E.g will Olympic book us new flights (whether they may or may not be ideal), or will they refund us if they can’t supply flights at a satisfactory rate for them. Or will it be up to us to sort alternate arrangements?
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Those who have recently booked TC flight only- just check your emails to ensure there was definately no ATOL with them. On the QT when Monarch were struggling, the CAA forced Monarch to take out ATOL on every flight only sold as a condition of the license continuing. I am not saying that they have done this again, but they did not publicise it before and it is worth checking your email. I got one of my Monarch flights only refunded via ATOL believe it or not.
Old 21 Sep 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
I posted this on another thread but I post here as well

Back in October 2017 when Monarch went bust, £60m of public money was used to get passengers back to the UK. Under the ATOL guarantee scheme, customers who bought a package holiday through Thomas Cook will be financially protected. Those with future bookings will be offered a full refund.

If you just got flight then you not covered and will need to see if your insurance cover you
My sister booked flight only with TC and received an ATOL certificate with their confirmation email, so I’m guessing she’s covered.
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I checked my confirmation,for our flights to goa & it states they are not atol protected & I paid on my debit card.
Not holding out much hope,of getting my money back,if they don’t survive.
Tracy x
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I double checked our flight only on TC for next year and as expected it states in bold that it is not ABTA covered - so cc will hopefully pay me back if the worst happens.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Watecc
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

What about if you bought flight only through someone like lastminute.com but with ccard? Can you still claim back? Thanks
Watecc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List