Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 Sep 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
rach19
Imagineer

rach19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Loving your report. We are also QSDP next year and have picked up some ideas on where to eat. Polite pig sounds lovely so will definately be trying there.
Cabana bay, gulf coast and Miami Aug 2018
All Star Music and Dolphin split stay Aug/Sept 2022
rach19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Hope you have an amazing cruise, look forward to updates at a later time.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Tempura shrimp is one of my absolute favourite things, game changing news that they have them at Yak and Yeti now!

I’m also a fan of the frozen lemonade pots, my favourite one is the orange one.

I want to queue for the Tangled Lanterns photo just to see OH’s face when I tell him it’s an hour wait for a picture.

I think the Contemporary itself is a bit, for want of a better word, soulless, but we stayed their last year for one night in a Theme Park View room and what a game changer that was, an amazing treat.

I’ve always wanted to try the nachos at the Polynesian!

Ribeye at a QS, what a life!

Have a wonderful cruise!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Great report , some great food choices
Thanks for following along!

Originally Posted by Waltdisnae View Post
I've really enjoyed your report, hope you have a Fab cruise.
Thanks very much... I’m excited for the cruise now!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I hope you enjoyed your last day in MK. Have fun on the cruise.
It was lovely thank you. We had a great spot to watch HEA and got to do the lantern photo and ride my time favourite rides - seven dwarfs and big thunder. I’m leaving Disney feeling very happy and looking forward to the cruise

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I’ve loved your report. I think we have very similar tastes in a lot of food Enjoy the cruise!
Thanks so much.. hopefully it’s given you some ideas. Thanks for following along and commenting! Have a great trip

Originally Posted by rach19 View Post
Loving your report. We are also QSDP next year and have picked up some ideas on where to eat. Polite pig sounds lovely so will definately be trying there.
I’ve enjoyed our first time on QSDP, it’s meant we have tried some different places. 100% Polite Pig was probably the best use of a credit. Thanks for reading and commenting

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Hope you have an amazing cruise, look forward to updates at a later time.
Thanks very much. In my last report I didn’t really do a report from the cruise just uploaded various different photos but I want to try and continue with an update each day. Thanks for reading and commenting!

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Tempura shrimp is one of my absolute favourite things, game changing news that they have them at Yak and Yeti now!

I’m also a fan of the frozen lemonade pots, my favourite one is the orange one.

I want to queue for the Tangled Lanterns photo just to see OH’s face when I tell him it’s an hour wait for a picture.

I think the Contemporary itself is a bit, for want of a better word, soulless, but we stayed their last year for one night in a Theme Park View room and what a game changer that was, an amazing treat.

I’ve always wanted to try the nachos at the Polynesian!

Ribeye at a QS, what a life!

Have a wonderful cruise!
DH loved the tempura shrimp, said it was fab!

I never got to have another lemonade pot

We ended up queuing for 45 minutes in total... Magic Kingdom was SO busy last night.. 80 minute wait for Seven Dwarfs and 70 for big thunder mountain. Luckily we had fastpasses for them. I didn’t mind queuing for the photo and they have come out really nicely.

I did say to DH that staying in the contemporary would be a different experience.. soulless does explain perfectly how we felt about it!

The nachos and the ribeye were both great!

Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

Just a quick note to everyone to say thanks for taking the time to read my report and in addition extra thanks to those who have commented.. it’s nice to know that it’s been worthwhile - thank you!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Day 10 - Boarding the Harmony of the Seas

Hello from the Harmony of the Seas!

Check in was the fastest we have experienced, we were on board within 10 minutes of getting off the Alamo transfer bus.

Last night Main Street Bakery was really busy so I picked up my last rice Krispy treat of the trip using my last snack credit.

I slept relatively well waking at 7.30am (I’m hoping to sleep in longer on the cruise). Good job we were up and about as mousekeeping knocked at 9am wanting to clean the room! We politely told her we would be going for breakfast and would be vacating the room around 10.30am.

We are creature of habit so we ordered the same breakfast as the other times we have eaten at the hotel.

I have to say that the quick service locations seem to rely a lot on trust. I got served quicker than DH so went through the cashier and paid for my own signalling for DH to do the same. He misread me and when he came to the table he hadn’t paid and had just walked straight to the table. He went back with his tray to pay but no one would have batted an eye lid if he didn’t. It was the same yesterday at Captain Cooks when we took the cupcake and yoghurt from the fridge. It makes me wonder if there are people who try and get away with not paying and just walking through.

Anyway, the drive down to the port was easy, just o an hour and we are here.

We have just had our first drinks of the trip. Mojito for DH and a Diet Coke for me.

We have pre-purchases the refreshment package which gives us unlimited water, coffee, soft drinks, mocktails, milkshakes and juices. I think it cost us around £240 for both of us for the week.

We will pay as we go for alcohol and don’t have any speciality dining booked this trip so we will be dining in the main dining room every night. We have any time dining and have made reservations for 7.30pm each night.

As I have already said we won’t have internet this week, so I’ll post the update from the cruise when we get home.

Thanks for reading everyone!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading all about your cruise.
I’ve enjoyed your last few days at Disney, I’m definitely going to have to invest in a bottle holder clip. Did you buy your reusable straws in Disney too-I can’t remember if you said you had brought them with you from home?
I really enjoyed the food at French Quarter when we stayed, I could just eat the steak with shrimps again. I surprisingly enjoyed the shrimp and grits there too, I hope I’m going to like the food at CBR.
Your monorail trip looked good, I wasn’t keen on the Contemporary the first time we visited but I think it is growing on me. We must make the effort to eat at the Poly next year.
Hope your having a fantastic time on the cruise
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise.

So glad you got the tempura shrimp too as when I saw it on the picture of the menu you posted it caught my eye and it was great to see what you actually get.

Somehow I have missed the frozen lemonade on every previous trip - don’t know how as Minute Maid is my drink of choice in Orlando.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Looking forward to reading all about your cruise.
I’ve enjoyed your last few days at Disney, I’m definitely going to have to invest in a bottle holder clip. Did you buy your reusable straws in Disney too-I can’t remember if you said you had brought them with you from home?
I really enjoyed the food at French Quarter when we stayed, I could just eat the steak with shrimps again. I surprisingly enjoyed the shrimp and grits there too, I hope I’m going to like the food at CBR.
Your monorail trip looked good, I wasn’t keen on the Contemporary the first time we visited but I think it is growing on me. We must make the effort to eat at the Poly next year.
Hope your having a fantastic time on the cruise
The clip was one of our best buys! Yes we bought the straws from Mickey’s pantry in Disney Springs. They didn’t have them in the World of Disney. The only other place we saw them we big top treats in Magic Kingdom. I’m surprised they weren’t on sale in more locations.

We actually enjoyed the food quite a lot in the hotel, not bad for ‘fast food’. I’d definitely rectangles visit to the Poly, we loved it there. I may try and persuade DH to save up to stay there for our next trip.. although we probably won’t go back until my 40th in 5 years so we have plenty of time!

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise.

So glad you got the tempura shrimp too as when I saw it on the picture of the menu you posted it caught my eye and it was great to see what you actually get.

Somehow I have missed the frozen lemonade on every previous trip - don’t know how as Minute Maid is my drink of choice in Orlando.
Thanks so much!

DH enjoyed all the different shrimp he had this trip, we don’t eat a lot of fish at home so he enjoyed it!

You must 100% try the frozen lemonade if you like the Minute Maid... it’s really good!
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Just one quick update from me before we sail off and I lose internet... I’ve been down to the gym and weighed myself... the damage is 11lbs!

I felt like I’d put weight on but I’m surprised it’s so much given how many steps we have been doing.. minimum 12k to 21k per day!

It’s spurred me on to try and make some healthy choices this cruise.. and to try and stay away from the sugary drinks and mocktails (at least during the day!).

Thanks again for all the comments and likes
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have a fab cruise I’ve really enjoyed following along x

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List