Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22 Jul 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#21
Milpston
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Milpston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 16

Milpston's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
Here's the info! rundisney/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/
Scroll down to kids races
Thank you for that it looks really good! Unfortunately itís the day we fly home so it would be way too tight to get to FLL. Iíll just have to forget I ever saw it 😂 thank you very much.
__________________
Orlando Villas/cruises 2001-2011
DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Feb 2017
October 2018 - 22 nts, Beach Club & Dibb villasTrip report *Completed*
July 2020 YC, Dibb Villa & Cape Coral - Pre-trip report cancelled ☹️
Aug 2021 Post Covid Blowout being imagineered! Pre-trip report
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
#22
piglet100
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: May 11
Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Thank you for that it looks really good! Unfortunately itís the day we fly home so it would be way too tight to get to FLL. Iíll just have to forget I ever saw it 😂 thank you very much.
Aw that's a shame - next time!
__________________
Dreaming of our next trip to the magic!
piglet100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
#23
piglet100
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: May 11
Fastpass day

A quick update following the great opening of the 60 day fast pass window.

I found planning FP for this trip much more difficult than last time, as I've no idea how DS will cope, what he'll like/hate and what kind of schedule (or lack of) we'll be on. So most of my FP are in the morning and we worked around ADRs.

FP day fell the Tuesday after the bank holiday, so I knew I wouldn't have much time at work to do this. I made a list on my phone of my must get FPs, in order of priority, so I could try and get the VIP FPs at 12pm if possible.

I managed to snap up a couple of FOP, Slinky Dog, Frozen and Na'vi River Journey fastpasses at lunchtime, and had to leave it at that. Availability was good for throughout the holiday.

In the evening I added in a few more around these, which covered all the mountains and thrill rides me and DH will try and get to do, plus a few of the popular Fantasyland rides.

I did find it tricky for Epcot and HS, as once you've used the tier one FP, there's not much else you need it for.

Our plans for the day largely involve an ADR for breakfast/brunch/lunch, EMH followed by a few FPs at that park, and then nothing planned for the end of the day so we can see how we're doing and how DS is holding up to the long days/jet lag etc. I'm quietly hopeful he will adjust well but who knows!
__________________
Dreaming of our next trip to the magic!
piglet100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
#24
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber
 
caitlinsmummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 11
Location: Durham
So glad you got all the FP's you wanted it's such a relief isn't it. Now it's just a waiting game xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
#25
kansaskitty
Imagineer
 
kansaskitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 11
Mobile

Great pre trippie! We just returned from 10 days with a 16mo, 23mo who turned 2 out there, 3.5yo and almost 4yo!

Flight was sooo much easier than I was I expecting. I had visions of nine hours of screaming but honestly there was lots of walking around, upstairs to the bubble and back down, lots of stickers, toys, and lots of booby milk but it was generally brilliant.

Couldnít see anyone who took car seats on the plane and there were tonnes of kids, also lots of toddlers on the Magical Express- ours just sat on laps or in own seats which we wouldnít dream of doing in England really but hey ho.
__________________
WDW2002 | WDW2003 | WDW2004 | WDW2008 | DLP2012 | WDW2013 | WDW2018
kansaskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
piglet100
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: May 11
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
So glad you got all the FP's you wanted it's such a relief isn't it. Now it's just a waiting game xx
Luckily/unluckily it's super busy at work so I expect it'll fly by! Deadlines always come faster than holidays!
__________________
Dreaming of our next trip to the magic!
piglet100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
#27
piglet100
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: May 11
Mobile

Originally Posted by kansaskitty View Post
Great pre trippie! We just returned from 10 days with a 16mo, 23mo who turned 2 out there, 3.5yo and almost 4yo!

Flight was sooo much easier than I was I expecting. I had visions of nine hours of screaming but honestly there was lots of walking around, upstairs to the bubble and back down, lots of stickers, toys, and lots of booby milk but it was generally brilliant.

Couldnít see anyone who took car seats on the plane and there were tonnes of kids, also lots of toddlers on the Magical Express- ours just sat on laps or in own seats which we wouldnít dream of doing in England really but hey ho.
That's so good to hear. I'm going to jinx it by saying this but DS always seems to do well at the times I'm most nervous for!
He's obsessed with trains and cars and pointing at planes in the sky so hope he'll find it all exciting (for at least 10 mins...)
__________________
Dreaming of our next trip to the magic!
piglet100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
#28
Alllovedisney
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian
 
Join Date: May 11
Great pre trippie.


Not long now!

We are DLP AP holders too. Only managed WDW once with out four back in 2016 but had a two year old in that mix too. For what itís worth, think youíve made the right call on the extra seat on the plane. 8 hours can be a long time holding them!

We took ou own car seats as we wanted to be sure of the history of the ones we were using. We bought a bag, wrapped it in bubble wrap and packed it out with baby stuff; nappies, wipes etc to save room in the case (useful space for the return!). In fact on the way home a giant Stitch travelled in our car seat bag!

Glad for you that you managed to get the FPs you wanted. Did you remember to only FP one of you for the height restricted rides and using the parent swap for the other?


Hope you managed to get your house renovations sorted so you can concentrate on the holiday!

Have a great time!
__________________
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
#29
piglet100
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: May 11
Mobile

Originally Posted by Alllovedisney View Post
Great pre trippie.


Not long now!

We are DLP AP holders too. Only managed WDW once with out four back in 2016 but had a two year old in that mix too. For what itís worth, think youíve made the right call on the extra seat on the plane. 8 hours can be a long time holding them!

We took ou own car seats as we wanted to be sure of the history of the ones we were using. We bought a bag, wrapped it in bubble wrap and packed it out with baby stuff; nappies, wipes etc to save room in the case (useful space for the return!). In fact on the way home a giant Stitch travelled in our car seat bag!

Glad for you that you managed to get the FPs you wanted. Did you remember to only FP one of you for the height restricted rides and using the parent swap for the other?


Hope you managed to get your house renovations sorted so you can concentrate on the holiday!

Have a great time!
Thanks!
There's been a lot of conflicting info on FP/ rider switch lately, so I got us both FPs to be safe. Need to see what someone who has been really recently has experienced! Originally planned to just do one and rs but saw lots of posts that people weren't being able to do that any more?
For some rides single rider might be better too, confusing isn't it!
__________________
Dreaming of our next trip to the magic!
piglet100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
#30
piglet100
Thread Starter
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: May 11
Mobile

A quick update as we're now in single digits! Our countdown was over a year when we booked so it's hard to believe it's nearly here!

We have loads going on so this last week is super busy before going. Luckily I've been buying and putting aside holiday things for a year so we're pretty well prepared.
It looks like it's going to be super hot, so hopefully little one will cope ok.
Just final plans to finesse, packing and all important hair cut and nails to sort! Oh and wind up and handover a job of 7 years, eek!
__________________
Dreaming of our next trip to the magic!
piglet100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Islands of Adventure
On 29th September 8:44am
Universal Orlando has released some official details for their new rollercoaster currently under construction at... Read More »
Posted in Animal Kingdom
On 26th September 8:53am
In the early hours of Tuesday 22nd September a baby female Masai Giraffe was born... Read More »
Posted in Hong Kong Disneyland
On 22nd September 8:15am
After initially reopening on 18th June Hong Kong Disneyland had to close again a month... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2581
CaxtonFX  $1.2505
Covent Garden FX  $1.2638
FAIRFX  $1.2450
John Lewis  $1.2638
M&S  $1.2413
Post Office  $1.2393
Sainsburys  $1.2555
TESCO  $1.2581
Travelex  $1.2522
Updated: 07:30 30/09/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0779
CaxtonFX  €1.0666
Covent Garden FX  €1.0865
FAIRFX  €1.0660
John Lewis  €1.0827
M&S  €1.0639
Post Office  €1.0557
Sainsburys  €1.0762
TESCO  €1.0782
Travelex  €1.0669
Updated: 07:30 30/09/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now