Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Orlando Attractions
Unread 22 Jul 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

Hi

I don't envy you travelling with a toddler ... I'm bricking it thinking of travelling with Noah

Wow so that's you and Milpston who both got free upgrades ... where did we go wrong?!

I think the second seat is a good idea, but like you say I doubt he will use it ... although it may be good for naps.

We decided the same for the parties being 5 of us we really just couldn't justify it at all.

I'm also 'attempting' to lose weight before we go, we could maybe support each other? Due to medication and medical condition I developed I've put on over 4 stone in the last year and it's made me so self conscious and unhappy. So far I have lost 5lb in 2 weeks so I'm really happy with that. We can do this!

I've subscribed so won't miss any updates now X
caitlinsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
19 Nights POR with QSDP!
Unread 22 Jul 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Apprentice Imagineer

Milpston's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
I thought it was about time I updated on here as we have now hit double digits! woop!

Not much has happened Disney-wise as we have been busy with building work on the house, using up our time/money/patience. It also means we have no more space for stuff, so has seriously curtailed my holiday shopping which is probably a good thing, but I am now seeing the summer stuff start disappearing from shops and think we need to get a move on!

When we're done we'll have a spare room which i can fill with piles of packing, and I am also planning to turn a bit of newly created hallway into a place for all our Disney prints, photos etc to live as we have loads and they have never really had a home.

We had a holiday in the UK which was lovely in this heatwave and enjoyed some UK attractions for a change. Tested DS out on some rides and so far he's enjoying them, and keeps wanting to watch the videos/look at the photos on our phones.

Other than that we have sensibly bought travel insurance - hunted around and ended up with a good deal with cashback via Quidco with Insure for Travel. I had a sudden random panic that DS will get chicken pox the day before we go...

I was looking at the Food & Wine Marathon info to get an idea of what is going on while we're there (no plan to run a marathon though) and saw they do little mini marathon events for kids! So we have booked DS into the 100m toddler dash. It was only $20 so if it doesn't work out not a disaster, but he'll get a medal and a tshirt and there are characters there, so could be lots of fun and something a bit different.

It meant shuffling around our day a bit and moving our Trails End Brunch up to the early afternoon instead of the morning. The only problem is this leaves about 3 hours between brunch and dinner at Homecomin', I'm not sure we will be able to eat that much (but by week 2 who knows!) so I'm trying to move Homecomin' as I've heard such good things. It also means we need to get to the expo to pick up the race pack, but thinking one of us could do that while DS naps/swims or even at bedtime, if we don't want it to take up lots of our holiday time.

We've decided against doing MNSSHP or MVMCP Realistically it is a *lot* of money for something DS may well sleep through, or just not cope with. I'm a bit sad as would love to do them but hard to justify another $200 for a few hours when we just wouldn't get our monies worth.

Speaking of another $200, today we bit the bullet and paid for our flight seats. We booked the week before they changed the pricing structure, but upgrading to Economy Delight would have been 480 so we 'just' paid the 30pp each way to book seats. Not sure if we have 'good' seats but they are nearish the front. We have opted against a car seat on the plane for now.

I have started my pre-holiday diet in a bid to fit back into the clothes I wore last time! (Note I don't think anyone needs to diet or buy into this 'summer body' nonsense, but I'll feel more comfortable taking pictures and enjoying myself if I feel a bit lighter - plus, I'll put it all back on on the DDP I'm sure!) We'll see how that goes!

That's all for now!
loving the sound of the toddler dash. What date is that on and where can I find more details?
October 2018 - 22 nts, Beach Club & Dibb villasTrip report *Completed*
July 2020 YC & Dibb Villa - Pre-trip report
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Us 5 again! YC & Dibb Villa - 26 Nights!
Unread 22 Jul 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Hi

I don't envy you travelling with a toddler ... I'm bricking it thinking of travelling with Noah

Wow so that's you and Milpston who both got free upgrades ... where did we go wrong?!

I think the second seat is a good idea, but like you say I doubt he will use it ... although it may be good for naps.

We decided the same for the parties being 5 of us we really just couldn't justify it at all.

I'm also 'attempting' to lose weight before we go, we could maybe support each other? Due to medication and medical condition I developed I've put on over 4 stone in the last year and it's made me so self conscious and unhappy. So far I have lost 5lb in 2 weeks so I'm really happy with that. We can do this!

I've subscribed so won't miss any updates now X
Well done on losing 5lb! All those photopass pics is definitely my motivation!

If he doesn't sit in the seat we'll at least have a very expensive storage space...
Unread 22 Jul 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
loving the sound of the toddler dash. What date is that on and where can I find more details?
Here's the info! rundisney/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/
Scroll down to kids races
Unread 22 Jul 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Apprentice Imagineer

Milpston's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
Here's the info! rundisney/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/
Scroll down to kids races
Thank you for that it looks really good! Unfortunately its the day we fly home so it would be way too tight to get to FLL. Ill just have to forget I ever saw it 😂 thank you very much.
October 2018 - 22 nts, Beach Club & Dibb villasTrip report *Completed*
July 2020 YC & Dibb Villa - Pre-trip report
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Us 5 again! YC & Dibb Villa - 26 Nights!
Unread 23 Jul 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Thank you for that it looks really good! Unfortunately its the day we fly home so it would be way too tight to get to FLL. Ill just have to forget I ever saw it 😂 thank you very much.
Aw that's a shame - next time!
Unread 4 Sep 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Very Serious Dibber

Fastpass day

A quick update following the great opening of the 60 day fast pass window.

I found planning FP for this trip much more difficult than last time, as I've no idea how DS will cope, what he'll like/hate and what kind of schedule (or lack of) we'll be on. So most of my FP are in the morning and we worked around ADRs.

FP day fell the Tuesday after the bank holiday, so I knew I wouldn't have much time at work to do this. I made a list on my phone of my must get FPs, in order of priority, so I could try and get the VIP FPs at 12pm if possible.

I managed to snap up a couple of FOP, Slinky Dog, Frozen and Na'vi River Journey fastpasses at lunchtime, and had to leave it at that. Availability was good for throughout the holiday.

In the evening I added in a few more around these, which covered all the mountains and thrill rides me and DH will try and get to do, plus a few of the popular Fantasyland rides.

I did find it tricky for Epcot and HS, as once you've used the tier one FP, there's not much else you need it for.

Our plans for the day largely involve an ADR for breakfast/brunch/lunch, EMH followed by a few FPs at that park, and then nothing planned for the end of the day so we can see how we're doing and how DS is holding up to the long days/jet lag etc. I'm quietly hopeful he will adjust well but who knows!
Unread 5 Sep 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

So glad you got all the FP's you wanted it's such a relief isn't it. Now it's just a waiting game xx
caitlinsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
19 Nights POR with QSDP!