Notices

Old 23 May 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hmm, not doing Disney, but being in Orlando was a bit weird. I wanted to have a break as DH likes to go elsewhere and he would prefer to not go every year, or even every other year.

We really had a fab holiday in 2017, and I would consider it again if we did another split stay and wanted to visit a different city in the US. We had the 5 days in NYC and then just 9 days in Orlando so we (ok, it was just me really!) wanted to fit in other stuff in Orlando and I knew that only a couple of Disney days wouldn't be enough for me. It's a bit of cutting my nose off to spite my face and the idea that if I can't do it properly I don't want to do it at all.

So, in Orlando we had a day each at Seaworld, Discovery Cove, Aquatica and Volcano Bay then 4 days for both the unviversal parks and citywalk. I know that's only 8 days, but I'm not counting the travel home day! Anyway, it was brilliant and we really enjoyed our I drive stay as we got to go to so many fab restaurants. I know other Dibbers have done DS or wdw resorts to get a fix, when not going to the wdw parks, but I didn't want to as I thought this would make it worse to actually see Disney and not go in.

I also think it made it easier at the time knowing we'd be back in 2018. I'd already booked up this year's holiday and so I knew that we'd be returning to wdw in as I had already paid the deposit so it made it easier to resist.

Thanks for the info about your parking in the past with premier. I think I will go for it again this year as it's so easy and pretty cheap. It's great to know it wasn't extortionate to add the extra days on.
Thank you for all that information Abby. It would only be 1 year that we consider taking a Disney break, HOWEVER, my fear is when we get to Orlando and see all the Disney billboards on the I4 i will start sobbing So we will see

I also might look at the Magic My Way tickets you can get in the US, I think they are 4 or 5 day tickets. So at least I get a tiny Disney fix and then move on to the Hard Rock Hotel

Hope you get the hotel / parking booked up.

Happy planning, speak soon

x
Old 2 Jun 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
What a great pre trppy Hayley
Will make sure we keep an eye out for your custom made ears on our trip. Hope our paths do cross at some point. Always love a Dibb meet

If you have a smartphone, it can be a good way of keeping your notes going during the day - it then saves having to write each day up each evening. I went othis method a couple of years ago and it just saves so much time at the end of the day. It also fills the time when you are waiting in a queue
Look forward to reading along with your "Only way is Epcot "

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
What a great pre trppy Hayley
Will make sure we keep an eye out for your custom made ears on our trip. Hope our paths do cross at some point. Always love a Dibb meet

If you have a smartphone, it can be a good way of keeping your notes going during the day - it then saves having to write each day up each evening. I went othis method a couple of years ago and it just saves so much time at the end of the day. It also fills the time when you are waiting in a queue
Look forward to reading along with your "Only way is Epcot "
Hi, thanks for reading along Are you doing a pre-trippie? Be cool to see if any of our days clash for a dibb meet up

Good idea about using my iPhone for notes. I did think about taking a notebook out with me, silly billy Also a good time to take notes is in the queues I really hope I will be able to complete a trip report, I'm feeling motivated at the moment

Not long to go now! Happy planning and see you on the other side
Old 3 Jun 18, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Great Pre trip.
We are going for the 7th time :blush have an 11 year old son and almost identical dates to you! But not doing Disney this year (21 days of Disney last year)

We fly into Miami ( one night) 26th July then heading for seaworld hotel for 4 nights, then to villa in Windsor palms for 11 nights then to Royal Pacific Resort for 3 nights leaving on 15 August back to Miami for a final night before flight home on 16th. So I will keep an eye out for you when at universal.

I have seen a few dibbers (wizzo, jojo88, Miss mouse, oh_darling) but never said hello before. Will try to remedy that if I see you
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Diz View Post
Great Pre trip.
We are going for the 7th time :blush have an 11 year old son and almost identical dates to you! But not doing Disney this year (21 days of Disney last year)

We fly into Miami ( one night) 26th July then heading for seaworld hotel for 4 nights, then to villa in Windsor palms for 11 nights then to Royal Pacific Resort for 3 nights leaving on 15 August back to Miami for a final night before flight home on 16th. So I will keep an eye out for you when at universal.

I have seen a few dibbers (wizzo, jojo88, Miss mouse, oh_darling) but never said hello before. Will try to remedy that if I see you
Hi thanks for reading along.

I like the sound of your plans We are considering giving Disney a miss next year and doing something similar to you

Happy planning and if you do see or hear us please say Hi I've never spotted or met a fellow dibber yet

Old 3 Jun 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Hi, thanks for reading along Are you doing a pre-trippie? Be cool to see if any of our days clash for a dibb meet up

Good idea about using my iPhone for notes. I did think about taking a notebook out with me, silly billy Also a good time to take notes is in the queues I really hope I will be able to complete a trip report, I'm feeling motivated at the moment

Not long to go now! Happy planning and see you on the other side
Pre trippie coming soon Need to finish 14 days of last year first!

Only added the iPhone idea as it has saved me so much time - I previously kept paper notes of trips and 4 of them remain untyped. They still exist as notes though.
It was only a couple of years ago when I realised it would be better to write in the now and just add as we go. Hope it helps as I know everyone has a different way of recording their adventures.

See you there sooner than we think

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 10:32 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Pre trippie coming soon Need to finish 14 days of last year first!

Only added the iPhone idea as it has saved me so much time - I previously kept paper notes of trips and 4 of them remain untyped. They still exist as notes though.
It was only a couple of years ago when I realised it would be better to write in the now and just add as we go. Hope it helps as I know everyone has a different way of recording their adventures.

See you there sooner than we think
I definitely appreciate any tips to help and inspire me to do a trippie

Me & Thomas have been working on our itinerary using Touring Plans and i think we are pretty much there now. I will post what days we are doing what when I've managed to book our fastpasses later this month

I'll keep an eye out for your pre-trippie and check back in with you later

Happy planning
Old 3 Jun 18, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Loving your pre-trippie! We’ve finally just booked (off-site villa & flights booked) after years of me nagging DH! Last time we were in Florida it was our honeymoon (22yrs ago!). Can’t wait to go & introduce our kids to the magic! Will be following your trippie & collecting as many tips as I can from your seasoned travels!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Loving your pre-trippie! We’ve finally just booked (off-site villa & flights booked) after years of me nagging DH! Last time we were in Florida it was our honeymoon (22yrs ago!). Can’t wait to go & introduce our kids to the magic! Will be following your trippie & collecting as many tips as I can from your seasoned travels!
Hi, thank you very much That's fantastic news! I hope you all have a magical time, i'm sure you will
Old 15 Jul 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Get dancing SDD

x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List