Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 10 Jul 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Becca_
VIP Dibber

Maybe we will, maybe we wont - (May 2019) **Update 22/04/2019 - Exciting news **

**Index at the bottom of this post to go to updates**

Hi!
So this is technically my first trip report (I tried one a few years ago but unfortunately lost all of my notes so never really got to start it!). I absolutely love reading everyone elses so thought it was about time I tried it for myself. So here goes

Who are we?

Me Becca, 21 (will be 22 when we go) the planner! I have been fortunate enough to have been to Florida with my family many many times growing up, dont have a favourite between Disney or Universal as I love them both so much. This will be the first time going without mum & dad, so the first time I am the main planner and I am loving it! Spreadsheets galore! Im most looking forward to staying onsite for the first time and using the DDP

Daniel 21 (will be 22 when we go), goes along with whatever! Lover of golf and everything James Bond, he was never brought up on Disney and was never fussed about going to the parks.that was until he met me and has now been to Florida twice and also this year to Disneyland California! Hes definitely been turned and has the disney bug however he still prefers Universal parks over Disney. Most looking forward to the food!

Here we are with my mum, dad & sister in 2017..

How the trip came about...and why it might not happen
So we had all decided that we were done with Florida holidays for the meantime; life was happening, Chelsea & I are getting older, mum & dad much prefer the relaxed West Coast holidays etc so that was that. And then, my friend was asking me to help her plan her very first Florida holiday.and of course just looking at flights and hotels and Disney tickets and everything like that I started to get the sad sad feeling that I didnt have one to look forward to.so of course I started looking.
Mum and dad were adamant that they were done for a few years, so it would just be for Daniel & I. I really just started pricing it up to see what it could be in May 2019 so I could imagine what the 2020 prices or 2021 prices would be. When my family have booked in the past, they always do DIY so that was my plan. I knew I wanted to stay at Disney with the dining plan and also have some nights at Hard Rock Hotel, so when the free dining was released I got a quote from Virgin just as a guide for what I could expect to pay when the flights were released separately later on. But the quote I got for Virgin was great, so we just went for it!

Why it may not happen
Butanother reason we decided to book through VH is because of the fact that you can pay just your deposit and the full balance isnt due until February. We really needed this flexibility due to the fact that earlier this year we bought our very first house! As the house is a new build it wont be ready to move into until about November/December time. So even though Ive sat and worked out all our savings and costs (spreadsheets on spreadsheets!) obviously there might be things we havent accounted for and so need to move/cancel our holiday until we have all the funds for it. But lets hope that doesnt happen!

So here is the plan (that will hopefully go ahead! )
Saturday 4th May Fly Virgin PE from Glasgow to Orlando, check in at Disneys Port Orleans Riverside into a river view room for 10 nights

Tuesday 14th May Check out of Port Orleans, check into Hard Rock Hotel staying in club level room for 4 nights. We have stayed in this hotel quite a few times and all I can say - my absolute favourite hotel ever!

Saturday 18th May Check out and fly virgin PE home to Glasgow (saddddd)

So even though I have been many times, and this will be Daniel's 3rd...it's actually a year of firsts!
- First time without mum & dad
- First time we won't have a car
- First time staying onsite
- First time with dining plan
- First time we can legally drink in Florida (woohoo )

Obviously we have quite a long countdown but we'll try and keep posted with any updates!

Also any recommendations of MUST DO restaurants in Disney would be great, we don't even know where to start planning!

Thanks for reading!

Index
Update 17/07
Update 29/10
Update 05/11 **ADR's BOOKED**
Update 03/02/2019 - Are we going?
Update 05/03/2019 - Fastpasses Booked
Update 22/04/2019 - Exciting news

Edited at 01:46 PM.
Becca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time onsite!
Unread 11 Jul 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Your trip is just the same as ours we have booked for October 19. Except we are a HRH club suite for 4 nights first then 10 nights POFQ with upgraded dinning. Also planning on Virgin PE.

We are a family of 4 with two teenage daughters so a bit older than you though.

Lol, we are going this Oct first! Ive already sorted out planner out for that!

Have a great time. Looking forward to any updates.

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fab4FamilyFloriday! HRH/POFQ
Unread 12 Jul 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Becca_
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Your trip is just the same as ours we have booked for October 19. Except we are a HRH club suite for 4 nights first then 10 nights POFQ with upgraded dinning. Also planning on Virgin PE.

We are a family of 4 with two teenage daughters so a bit older than you though.

Lol, we are going this Oct first! Ive already sorted out planner out for that!

Have a great time. Looking forward to any updates.

Kat
Great minds think alike! I was just saying to Daniel the other day that half of me wishes we had booked it the other way around, so Hard Rock first and Disney last so that we could have our last night as a Disney night!

But then he's looking forward to having the crazy 10 days at Disney first and then just 4 night chilling at HRH

How lucky for you to have 2 florida countdowns! Very jealous!
First time onsite!
Unread 17 Jul 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Becca_
VIP Dibber

Quick update

Hi guys, so this is just a quick update - obviously nothing is booked yet since we're still about 290 days out but we've been talking more about what we want to do.

Since we have been before we're quite lucky that we've done most of the big and newer rides (FOP, 7DMT, Gringotts etc) but there's actually a lot that I have done when I was younger that we haven't bothered to do anytime Daniel has been! So that's our mission this year..

So here are our must do Disney attractions for this trip:
Philharmagic
Jungle Cruise
Hall of Presidents
Boat ride in Mexico at Epcot
River rapids at AK
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Beauty & the Beast show
Fantasmic

And I don't think there's really any ones at Universal that Daniel hasn't done. I'm sure there's more Disney ones but that's all we could think of just now!

Also we have got a guide of what ADR's we are looking to book
Akerhus breakfast
California grill dinner
Yachtsman dinner
Sanaa dinner
Chef mickey's breakfast
Teppan Edo lunch/dinner
Nine Dragons lunch/dinner
Beaches & Cream lunch (will probably pay OOP for this)
BOG breakfast/lunch
Mama Melrose dinner with Fantasmic

However we are still open to any suggestions as this isn't set in stone! Do you think we are missing any MUST DO ADR's?

Thanks for reading

Edited at 12:13 PM.
Becca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time onsite!
Unread 17 Jul 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SpectroMagical
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Becca_ View Post
So here are our must do Disney attractions for this trip:
Philharmagic
Jungle Cruise
Hall of Presidents
Boat ride in Mexico at Epcot
River rapids at AK
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Beauty & the Beast show
Fantasmic
Love doing attractions like this! As much as I love doing the 'big' attractions there's something so great about doing ones like those above. Although Fantasmic is a must do for me on every trip!

Can't believe at 21 you've bought a house and are able to afford a Florida trip flying premium economy - very impressive! I'm approaching 30 and have never flown PE (although I try to make everything on a trip as cheap as possible, so probably my own fault!)
DLR: 2009, 2014
SpectroMagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third trip as WDW APs!
Unread 17 Jul 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Becca_
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SpectroMagical View Post
Love doing attractions like this! As much as I love doing the 'big' attractions there's something so great about doing ones like those above. Although Fantasmic is a must do for me on every trip!

Can't believe at 21 you've bought a house and are able to afford a Florida trip flying premium economy - very impressive! I'm approaching 30 and have never flown PE (although I try to make everything on a trip as cheap as possible, so probably my own fault!)

I'm excited to do them because most of them I haven't done in years! Especially Fantasmic I can't remember when I last seen it I think I was really young...maybe 7 or 8. Preying between now and May they don't decide to change it for any reason!

We've both been working full time since we were quite young (Daniel - 16, me - 17) and we're superrrr boring and aren't mega weekend spenders so I think that's how we've managed to save up for a deposit and now this holiday!

However this holiday absolutely isn't a definite and needs to come after everything we still have to spend for the house... but hopefully it all works out! We've agreed that this holiday will definitely have to be our last big one for a good few years after, but it'll be worth it!
First time onsite!
Unread 17 Jul 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SpectroMagical
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Becca_ View Post
However this holiday absolutely isn't a definite and needs to come after everything we still have to spend for the house... but hopefully it all works out! We've agreed that this holiday will definitely have to be our last big one for a good few years after, but it'll be worth it!
Hope you do manage to do it! It sounds like it'll be an amazing trip
DLR: 2009, 2014
SpectroMagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third trip as WDW APs!
Unread 18 Jul 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
tangled_
A Guest at All-Stars

Wow that sounds like a great holiday! We are going on a similar split stay a couple weeks after you, not maybe as fancy but similar, again been a few times with my parents but this will be the first time without them just with my boyfriend...scary and exciting.

Port Orleans riverside is a lovely resort, no matter what part of it you stay on its always so nice and relaxed. Very good choice for your first time onsite at Disney!

Just a thought on your list of ADR's... do you not fancy BOG at all since you're on the dining plan anyway?
tangled_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote