Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Unread 19 Aug 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I also agree with you about Zellotape trying to fit Teppen Edo back in if they can, as it is very good. We actually have it booked for our last evening meal before home time.

Kat
You guys have convinced me... my second Ohana ADR has been cancelled and I've managed to secure myself a Teppan Edo dinner on our first full day!

Just not gonna mention it to my OH until we get there

Zellotape is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1 wk at the Endless Summer, no Disney!
Unread 21 Aug 18, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Excited about Disney

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Such a shame the brownie from contempo cafe didn't taste as good as it looked..
It was such a let down

August 2018 DDP Dining Report

November 2019 - Coming soon!
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 21 Aug 18, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Excited about Disney

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
You guys have convinced me... my second Ohana ADR has been cancelled and I've managed to secure myself a Teppan Edo dinner on our first full day!

Just not gonna mention it to my OH until we get there
Yay! The flavours arent that strong they arent strong so he should be ok, I hadnt heard any negatives when I was looking

tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 21 Aug 18, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Excited about Disney

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by ohana_mama View Post
Yummy! Following along and just caught up on your 2016 trip food report. Looking forward to the updates! Enjoy
Aww thanks for joining, Im hoping this one will be better than the last

Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 21 Aug 18, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Again never tried contempo cafe (What is going on here?!) - would you recommend? X
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're going back...Jambo!
Unread 25 Aug 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Excited about Disney

tink18's Reviews
Day 2

Port Orleans Riverside

We caught an Uber over to Port Orleans Riverside for breakfast, pretty standard food court set up with plenty of seating and a variety of choice

DF and I both got pancakes with sausage and bacon, as Im nice I let him have my sausage as well. As we had our resort mugs with us we grabbed a bottle of Fanta to take with us and DF grabbed a can of Monster, Monster is a fairly major energy source for him so he was happy he could get some.

Food was pretty standard, nice, filling but nothing spectacular and did its job.

Total $26.27
Credits 2 QS

French Bakery

After wandering around EPCOT and the boardwalk I really fancied lunch in France, as DF wasnt sure what he wanted he followed along.

I got the Croque Monsieur and a Mimosa for my drink. DF got a Turkey BLT and a Kronenburg.

I really enjoyed my sandwich, perfect size and wasnt overly cheesy or saucy. The mimosa was good and they put very little orange juice in it as they got my order confused and there wasnt much room left in the glass, I certainly wasnt complaining.

DF enjoyed his, says it was good, nothing more, nothing less. He liked that it added variety to our food but wont go searching for it again.

Total $33.36
Credits 2 QS

Teppen Edo

Dinner tonight was a new one for us, after seeing a few of the vloggers I watch enjoy and recommend it we decided to give it a go.

Teppen Edo has communal seating, each grill has 8 seats and we had 9 around ours as there was a high chair. One of the families we were sat with had severe allergies and the cast members at the restaurant were great dealing with those, the familys food was cooked first and then ours to avoid any issues.

I went for the steak and shrimp combo and DF ordered the steak and chicken.

First up we were served a salad, out of intrigue I tried it but I dont like salad and this one wasnt convincing me otherwise. DF ate half but didnt think it was particularly special, just asked him what he thought of it it was salad I hope you guys dont have high hopes for his opinions. (Sorry no photo)

With our main choice came a serving of noodles and veggies. These were delicious! They had a nice sauce flavouring but nothing too strong and definitely not offensive (Zellotape I hope that helps). They also came with two dipping sauces. One was ginger while the other they called yum yum sauce, our chef said it was called this because it goes with everything, its like Japanese ranch. DF agreed with this and was rather infatuated with it. He has already said we need to find this in the UK when we get back.

For dessert I chose the Mango mousse cake and DF went for Ginger mousse cake.

We didnt have high expectations for these and had they not been included on the dining plan we wouldnt have ordered them. We would have missed out! These were delicious, really light and refreshing. A great unexpected end to the meal.

Total $96.81
Credits 2 TS

Day Total
QS: 4
Snacks: 0
TS: 2
Dining plan value $156.44

Running Total
QS: 6/28
Snacks: 2/56
TS: 4/28
Dining Plan Value $328.94

Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 25 Aug 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Excited about Disney

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Again never tried contempo cafe (What is going on here?!) - would you recommend? X
OMG yes, that burger was really good, its close to Magic and its a nice calm area to relax in for a break

Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 25 Aug 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
That burger at Contempo looks amazing! Im a big fan of Disney burgers and that looks like one to make a special trip for!

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fingers crossed for 2020!
Florida Tix