Notices

Old 9 Sep 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairyloveheart
Earning More Ears

Return to the Magic Fairyloveheart and co - pre-trippy Easter 2020

I know I am ridiculously early but I just can't help it!

Who are we?!

Me, Fairyloveheart - 40, I called myself that about 20 years ago on a forum and it's stuck. Love Disney (Mickey, Pluto and Goofy will always be my favourites) also love Pandora, Mulberry bags and Emma Bridgewater but that's quite irrelevant

DH, 40 - not quite so much a Disney fan but enjoys it and loves the parks. He's in a death metal band

DS, currently 7 so will be 9 when we go back to WDW.

I went to Florida first when I was 8 and I loved it so much, I can still remember lots of the detail and still treasure the ceramic Figment and Mickey Mouse I bought on the trip!

Fast forward and my Disney park love was reignited in a school trip to DLP... Uni prevented more adventures, but married in Vegas in 2004 and a trip to Disneyland in California where I got food poisoning so spent most of the second week ill in bed boo hiss! We then went to DLP for our first wedding anniversary!

After DS was born we visited DLP and he adored it, so I booked Orlando and we went in 2017. Had an amazing time but guess what, I got food poisoning again argh - so this time I missed Universal which I was absolutely gutted about, especially seeing as we'd got a universal hotel booked and I really wanted to see the Harry Potter areas as such a HP freak! When we came back I was adamant I needed to go again as had missed out. I wanted to go in 2019 but DH said he'd rather wait till 2020 to see some of Galaxies Edge so 2020 it is! To ensure I had a dose of Disney we went to DLP earlier this year for Easter and have a secret pre Christmas trip planned too which DS doesn't know about!

The 2020 Trip

I've been watching vlogs till they come out of my ears and got so very excited about going back so have been very eager to book.

I know people say wait for better prices but I've been tracking them and as soon as I saw a price I was happy with I just went for it. Not sure whether I should have but hey ho!

I would have loved to stay in a Disney hotel but didn't want to stay in just one room and the costs of the villas or suites were prohibitive for us so we've gone for the Grove Spa and Resort - I've been loving the vlogs and video reviews of it on YouTube. Looks modern and like the fact that there's a few places to eat on site if need be. Last time we were in a villa which was fine but I preferred the idea of a few more on site amenities this time and DH was taken with the idea of a gym! Not for me, I'm a lazy madam!

Flying Thomas Cook and staying for 14 nights. I've booked with cooperative travel but I'm a bit worried as my email confirmation just had error next to the flight info. I'm hoping that's because it's too early for flight numbers and confirmations. I am going to give them a call as I've emailed and they've not replied

Will get park tickets and car hire much later on. DH is saying he doesn't really want to go to universal again as didn't think that much to it, but I need to do the HP stuff. I don't know if you can get a ticket for a few days rather than the 14 or whether it would just cost the same?!

Yesterday I nipped to Primark for Disney Mickey and Minnie tree decorations and an advent calendar... ha ha it's been a Mickey and Minnie week!

If you're still with me, thanks for checking in! I guess I will document my planning and thoughts as I go along... it's a long way away...I think I've got enough time to plan

Booked for April 2020!

Edited at 10:53 PM.
Fairyloveheart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairyloveheart
Earning More Ears

A few months on now, and can you believe it I am buying trainers to wear in April 2020! How silly is that! They've got Mickey on and are Vans so I can't resist. Really want a Vans Disney rucsac too but am not having much luck finding one of those!

What have I been doing - well I've been watching more VLOGs - I can't get enough of them.

Logged onto Thomas Cook a few weeks ago and booked meals, seats and also an extra suitcase for the way home! I know some people wait for seats and don't book but I like the peace of mind it gives me that we will all be together on the flight.

Have been looking at hotels for the night before we fly, but many are not available this long in advance. Have never flown out of Manchester Airport before so will be an experience!

I have also been looking at one night in Hard Rock Hotel whilst we are there to get the fast passes. It is working out at £500. I'm sure I didn't pay that last year! I shall keep my eye on the prices before taking a plunge.

Need to also book car hire but have plenty of time ha ha.

Looking forward to DLP just before Christmas too so spending some time planning that. That trip will be a surprise for my son. We are picking him up as school finishes and heading to London to get the Eurostar. Never been on that before either as usually drive so that will be an adventure. Been buying coats and accessories as imagine it will be very cold!

I started the daily savings jar this year but haven't followed it very well. Must do better next year as that was to help for spending money! I started out well but then just never had enough change. I think I may have to do it on online banking next year- but then not sure it will have the same fun!

Anyone else planning for 2020? What have you done so far?

Booked for April 2020!
Fairyloveheart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Excited to see a 2020 pre trippy as it makes it seem like our trip won't be too far away! We are aiming for 2 weeks in August 2020- hopefully with free DDP and staying at the beach club. We had our first onsite stay this summer and became complete converts- hubby won't even consider it unless we stay on site! I've been watching another dibber's you tube vlogs about The Grove and it does look really nice- jealous you are booked and can officially start planning! We are still in the saving/ budgeting stage and waiting ( not do) patiently for April when free dining released ( please God!) happy planning.0, will be following along!
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairyloveheart
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Excited to see a 2020 pre trippy as it makes it seem like our trip won't be too far away! We are aiming for 2 weeks in August 2020- hopefully with free DDP and staying at the beach club. We had our first onsite stay this summer and became complete converts- hubby won't even consider it unless we stay on site! I've been watching another dibber's you tube vlogs about The Grove and it does look really nice- jealous you are booked and can officially start planning! We are still in the saving/ budgeting stage and waiting ( not do) patiently for April when free dining released ( please God!) happy planning.0, will be following along!
I'd love to stay on site! Maybe the next time after 2020! Beach Club looks amazing! Hope you'll do a pre trippy when you've booked! x

Booked for April 2020!
Old 29 Jan 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairyloveheart
Earning More Ears

Well here we are in 2020 which now means we are going next year! Yay!

I am now trying to save the money to pay for it all! Ha, ha. Have had a good start to the year selling bits and pieces on ebay. It all helps. I am doing the make £2019 in 2019 pledge on MSE and not doing too badly thus far.

I ordered a Kipling Mickey bag - essential clearly for a trip over a year away ha ha! I also bought a Mickey storage box from Primark to house my new planner - where I am going to write all the trip plans etc Picked up a cute mickey shaped pen in DLP at Christmas (which was fabulous btw! Loved all the Christmas theming - bucket list is a drip to WDW at Christmas!)

I need to sort out parking in Manchester but I'm a bit harassed about it. I wanted to book the official multi storey but there doesn't seem to be availability for our dates. I don't know whether I am looking too much in advance or whether it is actually fully booked. There are others available but I am dubious over Jet parks and meet and greet after things I have read online!

Have booked Radison Blu for the night before as I can't stand stressing about traffic. I like to be relaxed! We will have to drive up to Manchester from the Midlands after my son finishes school on the Friday night. I am secretly hoping they decide to have a teacher training day so we can go up a bit earlier!

I am stressing a little about all these flight changes I keep reading about for TC flights as people keep getting their flights changed. trouble is I think when you are booked in with someone you zone in and read all the bad stuff, despite the fact there is an equal amount of bad stuff written about the Companies you are not going with IYKWIM. I suppose I just have to go with the flow and what will be, will be - as it isn't in my control (Must keep telling myself that!)

Priorities!

So next plans are booking the car hire over there as I don't have that included with our package. Have done some preliminary searching on line but will properly look in Feb.

then want to start making a list of must do's and ideas before I get into 'Proper Planning' .

I am saving Tesco points to try and get some money off a Universal hotel.

Love watching the vlogs on Youtube to get an idea of good places to eat etc.

I am planning on buying clothes in the summer sales this year - as that worked really well when I last went. There doesn't tend to be a vast array of summer things around if you leave it to the year you go to buy, when you go at Easter!

Am excited to read more about Galaxy's Edge!

Anyone else going in April 2020?!

Booked for April 2020!

Edited at 01:14 PM.
Old 31 Mar 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

Woohoo. We too are going in 2020, August for us. We went last year last two weeks of August just DH and I, we did Disney universal and then down to Miami. We stayed in the RPR for 1 night to take advantage of fast passes, and didn’t they spoil us, we was upgraded to the presidential suite, we was celebrating our 20 year anniversary there. Have you tried Andy from flrida car hire he is brilliant. I decided I wanted to go back again 2020 although DH was really disheartened as he enjoys it but didn’t get why I love it so much, he would be happy to try other places. We are off to NY in a couple of days and Prague in May, never done those before so I am compromising lol
We booked in February (I say we, I mean me&#128514 to fly with virgin, always wanted to fly the red bird, staying 10 nights at the new universal endless resort. Now I have paid the deposit but T&Cs say £100pp to amend holiday so, if it comes out when prices are released properly, cheaper, I will rebook. I know universal hotels have resort fees included like all virgin holidays, but you do have to pay for parking which will add up to quite a bit. I’m pretty tempted if prices are same or lower, to book sapphire fall, or a cheaper hotel (wanted avanti but virgin don’t use them) and book separately a few nights at RPR or HRH as a treat with the savings I would of made (hopefully) tickets for the parka I already put deposits on with Attraction Tickets Direct, adults at kids prices and they also have this offer on at the moment again for mothers day! Once I know where we stand I will get hold of Andy and reserve car hire.
Also hoping I can extend the holiday to 14 days, will have to be fly out earlier though as we are at the last possible date for me to fly back before due back to work at school.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List