Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 7 Oct 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
Imagineer

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Diz View Post
Your plans sound great so far. Looking forward to reading more
Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
Sounds amazing, looking forward to following along.
Thank you both. I hope I don't witter on too much and send you both to sleep.
Unread 7 Oct 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
Imagineer

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am so excited for you, Disney at Christmas will be such a dream, I am very jealous of all the planning youre getting to do.

We had a night in a theme park view room at the Contemporary last weekend and it was incredible, you are in for such a treat. I didnt want to leave the room, I just wanted to sit on the balcony and enjoy the view the entire time we were there. Did you know that the TV has a fireworks channel so youll be able to hear the music to Holiday Wishes whilst you watch?! Amazing!

Im glad you managed to get flights at a price youre happy with, I can understand why you were reluctant to go via New York. Any other time of year Id have suggested the EDI-EWR-MCO route but its not a risk you can take with a winter trip.

Your Christmas meal at The Wave sounds a great choice, your lucky to have such a great option in your hotel! I think you might regret it if Cali Grill pops up and you switch.

The thing I was most interested to know was if youd booked the Candlelight Processional and I am thrilled to see you have. I cant even explain how much I want to do this! Jodi Benson will be a wonderful narrator. I can see why youre struggling between Chefs and Trattoria al Forno, Chefs is wonderful, and I think would be a great place to show off to MIL (thus Id probably pick hee) but its always nice to try new places.
Thanks, I do love the planning. It will not be long till you are planning again, wait who am I kidding, if you are like me the planning never actually stops.

Your night in the Contemporary sounds great. I didn't know that about the tv, now I am ever more excited. Fab. What floor were you on?

The flight thing really stressed me out, I'm glad we are going via Manchester although even that agitates me as we haven't done it before and it doesn't feel as seemless as my usual BA flights.

The Candlelight Processional looks great. We looked at doing it later but the narrator was a baseball guy we'd never heard of, Jodi Benson will be cool. We were looking at menus again today and I think we will go with Chefs de France and pay oop for Trattoria Al Forno later in the trip as the pasta dishes are not crazy priced.

I think you are right about sticking with the Wave. I'm sure the food there will be fab and we have the view and music sorted for later.

Did you enjoy your trip and are you doing a food report again? Please do I so enjoyed the last one.
Unread 7 Oct 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks, I do love the planning. It will not be long till you are planning again, wait who am I kidding, if you are like me the planning never actually stops.

Your night in the Contemporary sounds great. I didn't know that about the tv, now I am ever more excited. Fab. What floor were you on?

The flight thing really stressed me out, I'm glad we are going via Manchester although even that agitates me as we haven't done it before and it doesn't feel as seemless as my usual BA flights.

The Candlelight Processional looks great. We looked at doing it later but the narrator was a baseball guy we'd never heard of, Jodi Benson will be cool. We were looking at menus again today and I think we will go with Chefs de France and pay oop for Trattoria Al Forno later in the trip as the pasta dishes are not crazy priced.

I think you are right about sticking with the Wave. I'm sure the food there will be fab and we have the view and music sorted for later.

Did you enjoy your trip and are you doing a food report again? Please do I so enjoyed the last one.
We had a great trip thank you, we got home yesterday, I am so sad that it's back to work tomorrow. I've started on my food report but I'm not going to post until I've finished, I'm planning to write up a day each day so it doesn't seem too much of a chore I am excited to share with everyone though!

We were on the 9th floor, I think rooms start on the 5th so we were about half-way up the Tower. I think you'll have an awesome view regardless of the floor your on.

This is our view, not very crisp from my phone camera!

We could see the Grand Floridian to the left, and even Everest off in the distance! Pictures don't really do it justice, when you walk into your room you'll be blown away - they leave the curtains open and it's just all there spread out in front of you.

Edited at 12:07 PM.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Now it's Coronado Springs!
Unread 8 Oct 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

Mobile

Your plans sound fab 👍🏻

Christmas at Disney imo is extra magical 🎅🏽🎅🏽

This will be our 19th Christmas there.

Yes the parks are busy but is I always say to friends Id much rather be stood in a line at Disney then stood at the local supermarket checkout at home!

Weather is very unpredictable one day it can be really warm another day or can be really chilly, just pack a little bit of everything from vest top & shorts to a pair of jeans & fleece.

We always stay off site but please dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions that you think I might be able to help with.

Really looking forward to hearing more about your plans xxxx
PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Family Christmas & New Year Trip
Unread 8 Oct 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
Imagineer

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We had a great trip thank you, we got home yesterday, I am so sad that it's back to work tomorrow. I've started on my food report but I'm not going to post until I've finished, I'm planning to write up a day each day so it doesn't seem too much of a chore I am excited to share with everyone though!

We were on the 9th floor, I think rooms start on the 5th so we were about half-way up the Tower. I think you'll have an awesome view regardless of the floor your on.

This is our view, not very crisp from my phone camera!

We could see the Grand Floridian to the left, and even Everest off in the distance! Pictures don't really do it justice, when you walk into your room you'll be blown away - they leave the curtains open and it's just all there spread out in front of you.
That is a lovely view. I can hardly believe we are getting to stay there never mind at Christmas.

I hope going back to work today was not too painful. Are you suffering from jet lag? I normally have ages to recover before going back to work after the summer trips. This time we are back on the Saturday and back to school on the Wednesday. I don't know if that is better or worse.
Unread 8 Oct 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
Imagineer

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by PJB71 View Post
Your plans sound fab 👍🏻

Christmas at Disney imo is extra magical 🎅🏽🎅🏽

This will be our 19th Christmas there.

Yes the parks are busy but is I always say to friends Id much rather be stood in a line at Disney then stood at the local supermarket checkout at home!

Weather is very unpredictable one day it can be really warm another day or can be really chilly, just pack a little bit of everything from vest top & shorts to a pair of jeans & fleece.

We always stay off site but please dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions that you think I might be able to help with.

Really looking forward to hearing more about your plans xxxx
Thanks for posting and sharing your positive experience. Tbh reading all the comments that say I've done it once but never again, were worrying me a little.

Thanks for the packing trips also. I bought a couple of Disney Hoodies, like I need an excuse but also fancying a Disney christmas jumper.

How do you find the shopping over the festive period? We were hoping to do a wee Walmart trip and maybe the Vineland Outlets. Other than that we have no offsite plans this time.

Is there any Christmas Disney stuff you have experienced tht you'd advise not to miss? Do you know when they are likely to announce all the Christmas stuff and alter the hours?
Unread 8 Oct 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
Imagineer

Rescuer's Reviews
Before I start look at these little beauties Dh and Ds came home with for me earlier.

So even more food plans

We have a dinner booked at a new dining experience which is a top-secret surprise for someone in our family, so the least said about it the better. Sure youcan guess though.
Using DDP.

Teppan Edo Lunch.

We love Teppan Edo, always great food and although my Mil is not that adventurous she really liked eating here years ago. This is the day we move from the Contemporary to the Beach Club so we thought a lunch in World Showcase would fit well with our day.
Paying OOP.

Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party

I am so excited about this. I love Prep and Landing. We have seen the Star Wars fireworks in HS twice both following on from the dessert party. I thought considering the crowds this might be a nice experience.

Nine Dragons Dinner.

We originally had this booked as the Candlelight Processional but changed dates and changed to a normal ADR. It seems of late that it has been getting not bad reviews. I thought it might be a good one to share a few main courses and the prices seem ok.
Paying OOP.

Hollywood Brown Derby Early dinner with fantasmic package.

Ds asked to return here. Last time he absolutely loved this place especially the Duck Two Ways, he still waxes lyrical about it to anyone who will listen. I hope it is as good as he remembers.
Paying OOP.

Be our Guest Breakfast again?

Paying $28 per person for breakfast out of pocket is making me question doing this again after our dining plan ends. If Mil loves it then maybe but if not if think this might be for the axe.
Paying OOP

Skippers Dinner

This was one of the highlight meals of our trip last summer. I never find the dining options great in MK so I didnt expect to like this as much as I did. The tastes like chicken because it is was delicious. Again, the prices are not crazy for Disney so hoping this is another good choice.
Paying OOP.

Tusker House Breakfast Rivers of Light

I know Rivers of Light gets a mixed reception. I admit I was not so keen on it the first time I saw it. I felt there was way too much going and I didnt really know where to focus. The second time I enjoyed it a lot more. I have no idea if this is going to busy or if the dining package will be necessary or not. Mil is not keen on AK at all but I know she will like Rivers of Light and the Tree of Light stuff. I felt if we booked breakfast we would get an opportunity to show her the Pandora stuff and hopefully experience Flight of Passage as well as the night time stuff. We have always enjoyed Tusker House, although Ds took the huff at it a bit last year when a 3-year-old went crashing into him and made him drop his full plate of food, it wasnt his fault but he was mortified and embarrassed , so it put a bit of a damper on our last breakfast. These things happen.
Paying OOP

Crystal Palace Breakfast

I like the characters here but prefer the food at Tusker House. Ds and Dh love the puffed French toast so are excited to return here.
Paying OOP

Trattoria Al Forno Dinner

As I said the menu here really appeals so if we do Chefs De France for the Candlelight Processional we will eat here on our last night so I can end our last night watching my beloved Illuminations.
Paying OOP

Possibly we might also squeeze in an Ale and Compass Breakfast as it looks good and reasonable, no adr but there seems a fair amount of availability.

Just waiting for all the Christmas special snacks to be announced.
Hoping to try Mobile Ordering for the first time although Ive not really thought much about counter service options yet.
Any suggestions?

Not sure if I have made too many adrs or too few to deal with the Christmas crowds, any thoughts?

Edited at 11:39 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal Mardi Gras
Unread 9 Oct 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks for posting and sharing your positive experience. Tbh reading all the comments that say I've done it once but never again, were worrying me a little.

Thanks for the packing trips also. I bought a couple of Disney Hoodies, like I need an excuse but also fancying a Disney christmas jumper.

How do you find the shopping over the festive period? We were hoping to do a wee Walmart trip and maybe the Vineland Outlets. Other than that we have no offsite plans this time.

Is there any Christmas Disney stuff you have experienced tht you'd advise not to miss? Do you know when they are likely to announce all the Christmas stuff and alter the hours?
Hi, tbh we would never go at any other time of year now. Because everywhere looks so magical with all the Christmas decorations, Christmas music, little extra touches ie snow blowing down Main Street at the end of the evening etc I think we would feel as though there was sometime missing. Im sorry Im sure that doesnt make sense but hopefully youll get what I mean once youve experienced it for yourself🎅🏽🎅🏽

I have 3 DDS (nearly 22, 19 & 7) so we do a lot of shopping! Haha infact they like to go to bed early on Christmas Day so they can go shopping on day after Christmas sales (thats what they call it). Weve got to Walmart about 8am on a Boxing Day morning & theres been nothing left as I think they open about 5am & all Christmas stuff is at least 50% off 👍🏻

Like I said previously, yes the parks are busy but we compare it to what its probably like having to stand in the checkout queue in Sainsburys on a Christmas Eve, and I know which queue wed rather be stood in. We just take the days at a more relaxed pace and if we only do a few rides that day then too us its not the end of the world as its not like we wont be visiting that park again! It just gives you more time to sit & people watch 😉

The weather can be fabulous just like the heatwave was here in the summer or really chilly but its really strange as even when its chilly its usually a really bright blue sky ☀️

The opening times can be changed so its worth just picking up a guide as soon as you enter the park but as your staying on Disney property Im sure you can probably pick one up there.

If your looking for something to do off site then Celebrations is lovely for a couple of hours in the evening as the cover the street with fake snow and have hourly snowing whilst playing Christmas songs & all the kids have great fun making snow angels etc.

I hope this helps in some small way & please ask if you have any other questions.

Paula xxxx
PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Family Christmas & New Year Trip