Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Dec 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Travel Day - Christmas Eve 🎄

Edinburgh airport when you are in need of sugar and caffeine at 5 in the morning.

We went to Frankie and Benny’s in Manchester airport for breakfast. By this time we were all starving. 2 all American breakfasts for ds and Dh.

Pancakes with bacon for mil

and a traditional breakfast with no egg for me.

It was all fine and filled a very big hole in my tummy.

The virgin flight was about an hour late in leaving. It was all very festive with the staff in Christmas jumpers and Christmas hair accessories. We haven’t flown with virgin since 2001 but they were the much better price for this trip.

The food was way better than BA. The BA food used to be fine on the way out but never good on the way back but last year was just rubbish both ways.

I liked the little touch that you got a menu for a start.

The pasta salad was fine. My sausages were actually good, very chunky and flavourful.

Everyone else had the Christmas dinner and said it was fine.

Pudding was nice and light and it was Boursin cheese with the crackers which I liked.

Everyone got a little gold Lindt Christmas teddy which was a lovely touch. Ds was chuffed to get 2.

They came round later with little fab ice lollies.

Ds and I were asleep when they came round with the sandwich and little snack boxes so Dh just got one between us. The sandwich was really good,cheese and tomato chutney with crisps and a chocolate bar that ds and said was nice.

They brought round a cracker full of haribos for the kids at the end of the flight as a little Christmas present.

The flight itself was fine, the ife was much better than BA as was the food.

Edited at 11:52 AM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU,
Excited about Disney

Sounds like virgin really looked after you. The Christmas meal looks nice and the chocolate bear was a lovely touch. Looks like they’ve gone back to the fab then
LOU, is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

We had dinner at the Contempo Cafe.

Aberdeen Angus burger for Dh. His staple and he liked it.

BBQ flatbread for ds, he really liked it.

Turkey sandwich for Mil, she liked it but complained it was too big. (This will be a theme)

I had the shrimp Caesar salad which was really nice. I had wanted the salmon as advertised but there was none.

We also got our 4 refillable mugs. No Christmas ones. One person told me they had stopped doing them another said we could swap our ones at any resort if we.could find them.

We got 2 strawberry milks and 2 grapefruit beers.

All this would have been $176. I was feeling glad that we had prepaid the dining plan.
Old 27 Dec 18, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Hope you are having a fabulous time. 1st meal at contempo cafe looks good.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Hope you are having a fabulous time. 1st meal at contempo cafe looks good.
Thanks. It’s been fantastic so far. Merry Christmas.
Old 27 Dec 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Christmas Day 🎅

We were awake well before the crack of dawn. For once we were all very happy to take advantage of that. 😂

We had picked up cookies from the bakery counter in one of the contemporary shops last night to share in the morning for breakfast.

Chocolate chip and raisin and oatmeal, similar to cookies but way thicker. Very nice.

A Mickey shorts sugar cookie.

A blueberry Mickey head scone which was nice.

All $4 each.

We then made the short walk to MK in the dark for opening at 6am.
Old 27 Dec 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

Looks like a good report in store for us!
Old 27 Dec 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Christmas Day 🎅

We were awake well before the crack of dawn. For once we were all very happy to take advantage of that. 😂

We had picked up cookies from the bakery counter in one of the contemporary shops last night to share in the morning for breakfast.

Chocolate chip and raisin and oatmeal, similar to cookies but way thicker. Very nice.

A Mickey shorts sugar cookie.

A blueberry Mickey head scone which was nice.

All $4 each.

We then made the short walk to MK in the dark for opening at 6am.
I’m sure you’re having way too much fun to update, but when you get a moment could you let me know what MK was like on Christmas Day & what you ended up doing please? Next year hope to be up,and out early (am hoping they have emh in the morning?)

Am really looking forward to this report, I’m already dreaming of what I’m going to eat next year

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by bearandbuzz View Post
I’m sure you’re having way too much fun to update, but when you get a moment could you let me know what MK was like on Christmas Day & what you ended up doing please? Next year hope to be up,and out early (am hoping they have emh in the morning?)

Am really looking forward to this report, I’m already dreaming of what I’m going to eat next year
We were up super early so we walked to MK and arrived about 5.50am. We bag checked at the contemporary which was really quick. There was a fair line at the turnstiles it took about 10 minutes to get in.

Our priority was photos so we milled about and got a fair few of our own and photopass ones.

We headed into Tomorrowland about 6.55am and walked on Buzz Lightyear and then did the people mover. Took a few more photos and left about 7.40am.

Bus to HS. Bag check and entry were fine. It was roped off but it was well organised with them directing everyone depending on the ride you want.

We walked straight on to toy story mania. Had breakfast at woodys lunch box. Rode alien swirling saucers with a fp. More photos. One mans dream, star tours fp, muppets and lunch at Mama Melrose. Beauty and the beast show.

We had planned to go back to the hotel via Epcot on the boat so I checked mde and got a soarin fastpass for the time we’d be walking through.

More photopass photos including this one ❤️.

Monorail back to contemporary and dinner at the Wave.

We had a great day, yet there is masses of posts all over Facebook stating you must be mad to do Christmas Day.

It worked for us and we’d totally do it again. We never saw any crowds worse than we see in July.
Old 27 Dec 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We were up super early so we walked to MK and arrived about 5.50am. We bag checked at the contemporary which was really quick. There was a fair line at the turnstiles it took about 10 minutes to get in.

Our priority was photos so we milled about and got a fair few of our own and photopass ones.

We headed into Tomorrowland about 6.55am and walked on Buzz Lightyear and then did the people mover. Took a few more photos and left about 7.40am.

Bus to HS. Bag check and entry were fine. It was roped off but it was well organised with them directing everyone depending on the ride you want.

We walked straight on to toy story mania. Had breakfast at woodys lunch box. Rode alien swirling saucers with a fp. More photos. One mans dream, star tours fp, muppets and lunch at Mama Melrose. Beauty and the beast show.

We had planned to go back to the hotel via Epcot on the boat so I checked mde and got a soarin fastpass for the time we’d be walking through.

More photopass photos including this one ❤️.

Monorail back to contemporary and dinner at the Wave.

We had a great day, yet there is masses of posts all over Facebook stating you must be mad to do Christmas Day.

It worked for us and we’d totally do it again. We never saw any crowds worse than we see in July.
Thank you so much for taking the time to update this . I was wondering whether to make FP’s in MK or do afternoon ones elsewhere, like you it’s all about the photos in MK so it’s good to know you did actually get on a couple of rides in the early morning.
Have fun x

P.S. I’ve bought that dress and Dh that t-shirt from Asda in preparation for next year too!

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018

Edited at 06:32 PM.
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List