Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Eat and Play Card
Unread 14 Feb 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
So are we going in May? Or not...

So we arrived back from our Christmas holiday on 15th Jan.😿

On 16th Jan I called Virgin Flying Club! We had 90,000 air miles and I was on a mission to spend them!

We have a 2 week cancellation in the villa from May 16th plus a couple of days gap so we can be a bit flexible with dates.

The very nice chap at Flying Club sorts us out with a 14 night stay from 15th May in PE for the cost of the tax plus 165 for a few extra air miles. My card is out and Im ready to book it!

But wait, Richard says to hold the flights while he thinks about it! They are on hold till Friday at 11pm!

Thursday night Im dying to ask if were going or not but I dont want to push things!😂😂

Suddenly Richard says lets do Florida! My card is out and Im on the phone! Its booked and paid for before he can change his mind! 15th to 29th May from Manchester in PE.

The eagle eyed of you will notice I said the Villa was available from 16th and our flight is the 15th! We couldnt get a direct flight on 16th so opted to go the 15th and book a hotel for our first night.

Weve booked the SpringHill Suites by Marriott in the Marriott village by Vineland for 78, this includes breakfast so not a bad deal.

Just things like car hire etc to book now!

Our villa video http://findadisneyvilla.com/videotour.html

License number DWE 6308837
Monitored alarm and safe
Finding Dory bedroom
Fabulous 50's Diner themed games room with pool table, air hockey, fooseball and giant chess.
Gas BBQ
Free National and International calls
Cable TV in all bedrooms
55 inch, 4K smart TV, Free Netflix
2 cots, 2 strollers, 2 high chairs
Please read our 23 absolutely amazing Dibb reviews
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Home where I belong!
Unread 15 Feb 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
So Im eagerly checking hotels at Manchester, weve stayed in the Premier Inn, Runger Lane before, cant remember whether it was north or south but its the one with the Costa in it. I picked that one again and with 15 nights parking at Jetparks it was 120.

Just the car hire to sort now. Im checking nearly every day and they all seem a bit expensive to be honest. Well actually they seem pretty reasonable till we add the extra driver, which we definitely want.

Anyway I get a call at work one day to ask if 320 is a good price, includes the extra driver? Yes its pretty good I say. Good says Richard, Ive booked it!

So thats all the elements booked, just spends and money for food to sort out. A good start to spends is the fact we brought $1000 back with us from Christmas!

We also have about $35 on a Cheesecake Factory giftcard, $25 Panera Bread card, $50 Darden card which covers Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Longhorn and a couple more. Ill be topping up my Fair fx card a bit at a time.

Apparently its just less than 13 weeks till we go!

Monitored alarm and safe
Finding Dory bedroom
Fabulous 50's Diner themed games room with pool table, air hockey, fooseball and giant chess.
Gas BBQ
Cable TV in all bedrooms
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Home where I belong!
Unread 15 Feb 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Oh yes and rightly so we did the same when I came home in January
And we had a cancellation you e got to love miles and for the first time in years Im going direct with Virgin 😎😎😎
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Halloween Thanksgiving pre Christmas
Unread 19 Feb 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Us too, back a week and have booked for end of June. Wanted to go earlier but lots if "special" birthdays between now and then and when you knock out school holidays and bookings this was our first chance!

Edited at 08:15 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Brightwater
Unread 23 Feb 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Us too, back a week and have booked for end of June. Wanted to go earlier but lots if "special" birthdays between now and then and when you knock out school holidays and bookings this was our first chance!
Well miss you again!

Monitored alarm and safe
Finding Dory bedroom
Gas BBQ
Cable TV in all bedrooms
Home where I belong!
Unread 24 Feb 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

How lucky to be going back so soon and a bargain with the airmiles! I'm just wondering if you know if you can put air miles together from other accounts? We have around 24,000 points between the 5 of us but they're on 5 separate accounts!

We're also there at the same time! We go 19th and come back the 28th. Looking forward to following your pre trippie xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
19 Nights POR with QSDP!
Unread 25 Feb 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
How lucky to be going back so soon and a bargain with the airmiles! I'm just wondering if you know if you can put air miles together from other accounts? We have around 24,000 points between the 5 of us but they're on 5 separate accounts!

We're also there at the same time! We go 19th and come back the 28th. Looking forward to following your pre trippie xx
Hi Kelly, you can gift miles and also transfer miles but it does cost you to do it. I think i paid about 135 to transfer some and buy some. Xx

Monitored alarm and safe
Finding Dory bedroom
Gas BBQ
Cable TV in all bedrooms
Home where I belong!
Unread 5 Mar 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
So the new trippie note book has been purchased.

4.99 from Homesense in case anyone is looking for something like it. We are at 70 days now, Time is flying by!

My aunt who lives in France and often joins us on our trips will be flying out to meet us on 21st of May so well have 8 days with her. Shes got one hell of a journey! Montpellier to Paris to Atlanta to MCO. At least she arrives at MCO at 17.25 and no immigration so plenty of time for a few beers before bed! TTFN X

Monitored alarm and safe
Finding Dory bedroom
Gas BBQ
Cable TV in all bedrooms
Home where I belong!
Kenwood Travel