Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 28 Aug 19, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Oh wow I am having those mozzarella sticks at Tony's, they look so yummy.
They are definitely worth having, all the starters were really good

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Really enjoying your report so far
Thank you for reading
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Portofino Bay, Beach Club and villa
Unread 28 Aug 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Very Serious Dibber

Disney Planning's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hope youre having a good time in the villa. Enjoyed your reports so far and looking forward to more 😊
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Hope youre having a good time in the villa. Enjoyed your reports so far and looking forward to more 😊
Thank you, yes we are it is lovely having some more space and not being so hectic. Thank you for reading
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 28 Aug 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Mobile Day 8 - Be Our Guest and Chef Mickey - Wednesday 21st August

An early start this morning for a PPO Be Our Guest reservation. We decided to drive as our bus experiences so far hadnt been great and I didnt want to risk being late. However this didnt work out so well as we got to the TTC to be told the monorail was down and we needed to take a bus. This was packed, went via the Polynesian, and seemed to take ages. We missed out on empty Main Street and made it to BOG at 8.05. There was then a huge queue, I had preordered but that queue was longer than the one for those who hadnt ordered and in the end they just seemed to mix the two together going in. Then I had to redo my order to pay separately for the snack credits and quick service.

We sat in the room on the right which was really quiet, the main room was heaving.

Our grey stuff cakes arrived first

In the interests of time we had these before the other food, these were nice but im not sure I would go as far as delicious!

Eventually the food arrived after 8.40, putting us under pressure if we wanted to get to 7 Dwarfs.
We had Croque Madame, Gastons Feast (which did have sausages already eaten before I did the photo!) and a croissant doughnut, plus a plate of pastries to share. The boys all had chocolate milk. Each main also came with a bowl of melon and grape

The Croque Madame was lovely, and Gastons Feast good. I wasnt so sure on the croissant doughnut which I expected to love. Only the chocolate doughnut got eaten by Alex, the others I took with us as we were full, but forgot about and they just got squashed in the bag and thrown away!
We left at 8.55, and walked round to 7 Dwarfs as the welcome show was playing, we just made the queue before we saw the rope drop wave coming round.

We had a late brunch reservation at Chef Mickey at 2.10. This was a must do for us as we have visited on every trip. I know it isnt always the most popular but we have always enjoyed it. A late brunch is a bit quieter as they have a break between brunch and dinner, and it gives a good mixture of foods including breakfast stuff like sausages, waffles, pancakes and bacon, plus carved turkey, potato and other more lunch type things
This was Barnabys first plate

This was mine, the cheesy potatoes were lovely

Pancakes and syrup

Minnie waffle and desserts

I had a peach Bellini and David a chocolate martini. They were nice but really strong, I should probably have just stuck to wine as we couldnt finish them

We all enjoyed the meal, and got a bit of extra attention from the characters at the end as it was emptying out. Last time we came our server was dreadful and didnt clear plates at all, this time he was very good and efficient.

After Chef Mickey we went into AK. Later on I had a frozen lemonade and Barnaby nacho cheese Doritos whilst the others were doing FOP using snack credits, I love the frozen lemonade as it is really cooling and refreshing. David also got himself one after we rider switched
Unread 28 Aug 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Very Serious Dibber

Disney Planning's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Shame about BOG, its ok if you can use a credit but I dont think Id pay OOP.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

I agree that Be Our Guest is good value on the dining plan but definitely not worth it OOP. It does make a nice start to the day eating in the Beast's castle though.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Now it's Coronado Springs!
Unread 29 Aug 19, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Shame about BOG, its ok if you can use a credit but I dont think Id pay OOP.
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I agree that Be Our Guest is good value on the dining plan but definitely not worth it OOP. It does make a nice start to the day eating in the Beast's castle though.
Yes, id happily eat the Croque Madame again, but wouldnt pay OOP for it. David was shocked when I told him the meals would have been $28 if we werent using DDP. Its a good experience though going in the castle, and it was something Sebastian really wanted to do.

We had eaten there once before in 2013 when it was very new, pre ADR for it. We got offered FP for it randomly by a cast member in MK as they were trialling the system. Sebastian wouldnt remember that one though!
Unread 29 Aug 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Mobile Day 9 - Pizzerizzo and Polite Pig - Thursday 22nd August

So, with only today and tomorrow left on site, we found ourselves in this position with our dining credits...

I thought with only 5 nights on site we wouldnt have an excess of credits, but we were clearly failing! We had had a Sanaa reservation for today, which we were going to pay OOP for as it was my birthday, but this seemed crazy with so many credits so we had made the decision the previous afternoon to cancel and use some quick service

For breakfast I grabbed some pastries in the Beach Club shop plus a banana, these were the same as the other day with the addition of a chocolate hazelnut croissant (which was mine and was amazing!)
We just had these in the room as we were going for rope drop

We were in HS today. I had been desperate to try the Num Num cookies. We got three to share. These were warm and lovely, but also big and deep, we should just have had two really

Whilst waiting for the older two to do Jedi training, David went and got a strawberry aai refresher from Starbucks. We have had these in the past and it was lovely and refreshing, though despite the size a lot is ice!

Barnaby and I went to Starbucks again whilst the others were on Star Tours, I got a vanilla bean creme Frappuccino. This was really lovely, and actually felt a bigger drink than the refresher as the ice was finely crushed so there was more to drink. Alex had some of it too and loved it

For lunch we went to Pizzerizzo. Sebastian has gone on about going there for months after seeing it on YouTube, I am not really sure why he was so desperate but didnt want to disappoint him! As we went in he collided with Alex and was crying, the cast member giving out menus asked what was wrong, and asked if she could go and get him a cookie to cheer him up, and one for both his brothers too which was really sweet of her

We ordered one cheese and one pepperoni pizza, these each came with a Caesar salad, plus David and I both got a moretti beer. We ate the salad and the boys shared the pizzas. In the scale of Disney the pizzas werent that big. I didnt try them but am told they were good!

Early evening we went to Disney Springs and the Polite Pig. We were there just after 5 and had no wait, but it did get busy not long after. We got two butchers boards for two to share, one with macaroni cheese and waffle fries, the other with cauliflower and sweet potato tots. David and I both got a beer.

This was a real standout meal for us, everything was so tasty and we would happily go back there again. We did go and get some more waffle fries, sadly David had to pay for these as they werent a snack credit (if I had gone to the counter I might just have ordered another meal to use up a credit!)

Late in the evening we fancied something sweet when we got back from Epcot and went to the Beach Club shop. Alex and Sebastian had chocolate brownies, plus a chocolate milk each. David had an Oreo trifle and I got a cupcake.

The cupcake was nice but had a lot of buttercream on, the trifle was really nice and I believe the brownies were also good!

17 snack credits and 6 quick service used today to try and make a dent in our excess!