Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Tickets
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice
Florida Tix
Unread 26 Aug 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mummyknowsbest
Proud to wear my Ears

mummyknowsbest's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Shocked!

Just looking at Disney tickets for next year - shocked at the price increase from 2 years ago - we paid around 280 per person for 14 day ultimate tickets then. A huge increase since then 😥 are Disney getting too greedy or is the price increase worth it for extra rides/experiences does anyone know please? Thanks
mummyknowsbest is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
VIP Dibber

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by mummyknowsbest View Post
Just looking at Disney tickets for next year - shocked at the price increase from 2 years ago - we paid around 280 per person for 14 day ultimate tickets then. A huge increase since then 😥 are Disney getting too greedy or is the price increase worth it for extra rides/experiences does anyone know please? Thanks
Value for money is a very subjective thing. Yes the prices are sky high - Disney must be pretty confident they can encourage visitors otherwise they'd not be charging the prices they are.

I guess it'll boil down to how badly you want to go.
Husband to endlessly understanding wife. Dad to three amazing kids. Mobile cash point and family taxi. Any opinions expressed are usually my own, or borrowed from people more intelligent than me. Please make cheques payable to 'Cash'.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Big Blusteryday Blowout
Unread 26 Aug 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Very Serious Dibber

They've got to pay for Star Wars some how!
jim jehosofat is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going back in
Unread 26 Aug 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
VIP Dibber

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
They've got to pay for Star Wars some how!
That's from their parking fees alone, surely.

To be fair to WDW, DLP's parking fees are even more extortionate - 30 a day if you're not staying onsite.

(Bob Chapek, if you're reading this...don't you dare! )
Husband to endlessly understanding wife. Dad to three amazing kids. Mobile cash point and family taxi. Any opinions expressed are usually my own, or borrowed from people more intelligent than me. Please make cheques payable to 'Cash'.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Big Blusteryday Blowout
Unread 26 Aug 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I think theyve been around 400 for a few years now. Im guessing you got yours last time when they had that deal/sale on a couple of years ago for a month or 2. That took them under 300, but it hasnt happened since.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Softy returns.
Unread 26 Aug 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

The poor exchange rate now is obviously a factor too.
Unread 27 Aug 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mummyknowsbest View Post
Not sure where you got your tickets from. Sounds like you got an absolute bargain!

This time 2 years ago (2017), the tickets for 2018 were 419. See the following thread from two years ago where the OP was also "shocked" at the price hike by in 2017:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1038441

So the price of the 2020 tickets now aren't that much different to what the price of the 2018 tickets were back when they were first released.

As I mentioned in that thread 2 years ago, in order to get tickets for 2017 at 284 the OP in that thread must have either bought the tickets before July the previous year (2016) or whilst Disney had their 25% discount on early in 2017. Because by August 2017, the 2017 ticket price was 379 and the 2018 ticket price was 419.

If you want a better price for 2020 tickets you could either wait until the end of this year when I suspect ticket prices will reduce or hope that the exchange rate goes back to what it was.

As to whether the increase in price is worth it based on the new experiences, that really depends on the person. Some would say no, some would say yes. I've booked and paid for tickets next year so, for me, the price is worth it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 11:09 AM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary trip to POFQ...
Unread 27 Aug 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lorian45
Being a bit Goofy

For what its worth we bought our tickets in 2016 for 2017 and it was 350 for 14 days

We bought them again in 2018 for 2019 and it was 399 - if I was to buy them today for this October I would be 385

and if I am wanting for next October its 449

yes its a jump but not massively so over a four year period and given the dollar has nose dived
lorian45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
ooops We appear to be going back
Florida Tix