Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Sep 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Feeling helpless and sad

Received an unexpected phone call today from a friend of a very good friend.
My friend had asked her to phone me to let me know her husband is currently critically ill in intensive care with a bleed on the brain and not expected to make it through the night.
I'm absolutely heartbroken for them. She lost her brother suddenly to cancer 18 months ago and that broke her so this is going to be so hard.
He is 59 and she is 50, they have a 15 yr old (who is starting her GCSE year!) and a 7 yr old boy.
Unfortunately she lives 5 hours away from me so there's mot much I can do to help so feel a bit helpless. I know she has friends around and her parents will be there. I assume his family will be as well.
I've messaged her to let her know I'm praying for him and thinking about them all.
I can't stop thinking about how quickly life can change so devastatingly.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Such sad news. Thinking of all the family and my thoughts go out to them. It’s horrible when you feel helpless, but I don’t think the husband would want you feeling like that.
I’m sure they are not going through this sad time alone. All you can do is let them know you are there if they need anything.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

So sorry yo hear this, all you can do is be a good friend and be there when she needs you. Keep in touch, she will need you even more if he does not make it but think positive thoughts for them, miracle's do happen when least expected.
Old 6 Sep 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry to hear this. I am sure you will be there to support your friend in the worst of circumstances. Sending love and hugs xx
Old 6 Sep 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Well he survived the night and had an op this morning which stopped the bleed which is positive. He's still a very poorly man but is at least with us for now.
My friend is staying positive, they were moving him to another hospital today which i assume has better facilities.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Well he survived the night and had an op this morning which stopped the bleed which is positive. He's still a very poorly man but is at least with us for now.
My friend is staying positive, they were moving him to another hospital today which i assume has better facilities.
Thank you for the update.

Praying for all concerned.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Sorry to hear this. Praying for your friends husband, your friend, and their family.
Old 7 Sep 19, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

It's heartbreaking to see good friends suffering, and scary how quickly lives are devastatingly changed forever. Really hope things improve over the weekend x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

There is hope, modern science can work wonders and the human body can be very strong.

My neighbour had a very bad bleed on the brain when he was 48, his family was advised to ‘prepare’ themselves. He turned a corner but was still very ill for a while and doctors said he might not make 50.

He was 78 this June, has a canal boat, allotment, plays table tennis every week and is a member of our parish council.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Really sorry to hear that this is such a difficult time, just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you, and your friend (and her family)

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List