Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Sep 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile TTC - getting back there?

Yesterday we had a really good day thanks to my excellent fast pass planning skills this year 😂😂😂 then it came to leaving and everything went belly up!
Our hotel shuttle drops us at TTC - fine and dandy - the driver tells us how to get to other parks (we knew anyway but again fine and dandy and very helpful to others who haven’t been before) note the stop to return.
So leave animal kingdom to go back to TTC - don’t see a TTC stop so assume it must be MAGIC KINGDOM - no that goes to Magic kingdom 🤔. So how do we get to TTC? We decide we have missed the hotel shuttle now anyway so we aim to get to a park as near to our hotel as possible and get a taxi - EPCOT. So we get to MK and think monorail - with all the construction I can only see the Resort monorail - THEN google and realise the other one is the express monorail so this is the wrong one but it goes to the TTC and we are in a big queue and commutes so can’t swap 😂😂. So we go to TTC and then monorail to EPCOT 😩.
Is there any other way of getting to TTC from the other parks?
Why do buses run from TTC to parks but not back?
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

The resort monorail would have got you to the TTC - it just stops at the resorts on the way.

I believe buses only go from the TTC to AK in the mornings.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

you can get to TTC on the monorai from EPCOT, you can either monorail or boat from MK

from other parks, you'll need to take a bus to MK and then monorail or boat
Express and Resort Monorail both call at TTC

another option is to take a bus to polynesian, and then walk back to TTC

I don't see any other way involving disney transportation

Edited at 01:34 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Hill_10
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Any Disney bus to EPCOT then the monorail to the TTC
Old 17 Sep 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone. We knew the shuttle was at 6 so we’re leaving sort of 20 past 5 thinking we had plenty of time - it didn’t happen 😂😂
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hill_10 View Post
Any Disney bus to EPCOT then the monorail to the TTC
To be honest this was my thought. We waited for the MK bus and dh was adamant that it would go to the TTC and not actually MK (even though I’m sure we have had this conversation before) so I said I’ll ask the driver “no it will go to the TTC” so I DO ask the driver n am told it goes to MK. Dh just rolls his eyes but we get on a very crowded bus to MK. When we get off dh says “I’ve been thinking we could’ve got on the Epcot bus” 🙄
Oh well you live and learn.
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
To be honest this was my thought. We waited for the MK bus and dh was adamant that it would go to the TTC and not actually MK (even though I’m sure we have had this conversation before) so I said I’ll ask the driver “no it will go to the TTC” so I DO ask the driver n am told it goes to MK. Dh just rolls his eyes but we get on a very crowded bus to MK. When we get off dh says “I’ve been thinking we could’ve got on the Epcot bus” 🙄
Oh well you live and learn.
To be fair, it wouldn't have mattered whether you got the MK bus or the Epcot bus. Both involve the same process:

Bus to Epcot then get the monorail to the TTC.
Bus to MK then get the monorail to the TTC.

There are two monorail tracks from MK to the TTC (the Express route and Resort route both go to the TTC) and also the ferry goes to the TTC. So, in a way, going to MK could be considered the better option.

I must admit, I'm surprised there aren't direct buses from the other parks to the TTC.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Apparently there is also a bus from MK to TTC which I've read about on here which is often a great way of getting back to your car after MK closes as everyone heads either to the boat or to the monorail.

But other than that I second what chmurf said - the poly is right next door to the TTC and there is a signposted walkway between the two (again according to what I've read on here and Tim Tracker vlogs) and all parks have buses going to the Poly
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tkdisney
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

I would definitely say get the bus to the poly and walk. It’s the only way which will only involve 1 trip on Disney transport.
Tkdisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=Nimbus;14078781]To be fair, it wouldn't have mattered whether you got the MK bus or the Epcot bus. Both involve the same process:

Bus to Epcot then get the monorail to the TTC.
Bus to MK then get the monorail to the TTC”

Yeah but the thing was when we realised that we couldn’t get direct to the TTC it meant we would definitely miss our hotel shuttle so my thought was the park nearest to our hotel for a taxi - which is Epcot.
And yes it’s odd they don’t do one to TTC