Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Apr 10, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Rachy View Post
Just to update, i emailed my wedding planner to see if they could sort the music for me and they have basically said i have to get a guest to do that. I can't possibly ask a guest to stand by the ipod and change music. Bit annoyed actually as i didn't think it was much i was asking x
That's outrageous IMO!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 10, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
That's outrageous IMO!
Tell me about it x
Old 6 Apr 10, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

I emailed my wedding planner back asking where she would be whilst the ceremony is taking place as really wanted to know why she couldn't press play on the ipod, and she has said, she will be inside showing the guests where to sit and when to walk on? When i want the music playing all the guests will be sat down though, so don't understand this?

Guess i am asking too much x
Old 6 Apr 10, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I emailed my wedding planner back asking where she would be whilst the ceremony is taking place as really wanted to know why she couldn't press play on the ipod, and she has said, she will be inside showing the guests where to sit and when to walk on? When i want the music playing all the guests will be sat down though, so don't understand this?

Guess i am asking too much x
Still don't get it! I know others may disagree but she is earning a fee to get your wedding day as you want it to be. Carrie has said she would do it as a wedding planner. Why not yours? Tell her you'd rather her do the music and your guests can find their own chairs. I'm assuming your bridesmaids know how to walk so her assistance in that respect isn't really needed. I'm mad for you!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 10, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Still don't get it! I know others may disagree but she is earning a fee to get your wedding day as you want it to be. Carrie has said she would do it as a wedding planner. Why not yours? Tell her you'd rather her do the music and your guests can find their own chairs. I'm assuming your bridesmaids know how to walk so her assistance in that respect isn't really needed. I'm mad for you!
Thank you for been mad for me, it's good to know i am not over reacting about this.

We are having one bridesmaid who is walking in front of me, then me and my dad are walking down.

With regards to the guests finding their seats, well there are 9 of them, i am sure it can't be rocket science to find a seat and sit down. It is hardly a wedding for 100 people. x
Old 6 Apr 10, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Just to update, i emailed my wedding planner to see if they could sort the music for me and they have basically said i have to get a guest to do that. I can't possibly ask a guest to stand by the ipod and change music. Bit annoyed actually as i didn't think it was much i was asking x
I really don't see the big deal it would cause for the planner to do it :angry: I had a feeling this was going to be the answer though as I had read about a few weddings where the couple took their own ipod & speakers to be able to play music and the planner didn't start the music etc a guest had too.
I'm going to ask my planner when the time comes but im not holding my breath, it's stupid really you are paying them for their service, they are meant to be there to make your most important day run perfect for you and they can't press play & stop to a couple of songs for you.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 10, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

I have emailed again telling her i am not happy about asking one of our guests to sort out our music when after all they are guests at a wedding. You wouldn't ask a guest in a church wedding here to start the music for you, it's rude! Although my mum said it isn't a problem doing it, it's beside the point.

I have said we want 2 songs playing thats it, so i will let you know her response.

Not happy though at the moment. It's a detail us brides shouldn't even have to think about.

Rachel
x
Old 6 Apr 10, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post

That's a disappointing response but everyone is different.

Out of curiosity when and where is your wedding? Sorry if I've asked this before. It is hard to keep up with everyone (even asked my own bridge a question on the Dibb once...ha!)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 10, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

I have emailed again telling her i am not happy about asking one of our guests to sort out our music when after all they are guests at a wedding. You wouldn't ask a guest in a church wedding here to start the music for you, it's rude! Although my mum said it isn't a problem doing it, it's beside the point.

I have said we want 2 songs playing thats it, so i will let you know her response.

Not happy though at the moment. It's a detail us brides shouldn't even have to think about.

Rachel
x
Hope you get the response you are looking for from her.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 10, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't see what her beef is in pressing a button? Hope she agrees to do it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread