Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 2 May 10, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lionheart
Gone all Goofy

:) Winter Park Chapel or Cypress Grove Lakeside Plantation

We are due to go to Florida May 2011 for 3 weeks, flying with Virgin from Glasgow. I've decided to make this the Florida holiday the trip of all trips although everytime I go I still I feel I've been to another world and I'm sure that will continue for years to come. With the kids at that age when they want to do there own thing and getting ready to fly the nest another reason to make this the best ever.

Am currently adding some specials to the booking such as Premium Economy seats, special excursions, top villa & car however one additional special part of the trip I've still to plan is to get married in this fantastic state at either Winter Park Chapel or Cypress Grove Lakeside Plantation. Once I've chosen can surprise my finacee with all the planning and arrangements.

Would appreciate therefore anyone's views on these locations who may have experienced and any related things I should consider. i.e. limo from villa to location, nighttime meal.

Abit lost on this last part of the plan.

Cheers
Lionheart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 10, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Millymops
slightly serious Dibber

Hi, Snap I've just booked our wedding for May next year in florida. We've booked a full package with CROWNLINE WEDDINGS for cypress grove - you can book photographer, limo, video,flowers all through them so much easier than I thought and a lot cheaper too. This is the website and we've been dealing with Jeanette who is very helpful and they have office in the UK and US which made me feel a bit better. I not 100% but i'm sure they do Winter Chapel too.

crownlineweddings

Happy planning.

Were getting married 23rd May might see you there x
Millymops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 10, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Lionheart
Gone all Goofy

Thanks Miilymops

This has helped and looks good. Cannot recall ever looking forward to something as much as 3 weeks in Florida and all that will go with it.

Stranger things have happened may see you there.

Regards
Lionheart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 10, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

We've booked for April 2011! Can't book the actual wedding package with Virgin until July though but we know exactly what we're after. We were torn between Winter Park and Cypress Grove and settled on CG as it seemed a lot more picturesque and heard a lot of good reviews too. Winter Park chapel seems beautifull but seeing as we're in the sun might as well make the most of it and marry outdoors! Also, there didn't seem like there were that many great photo ops at WP Chapel.

Not sure if you've seen it, but have a look at the 'Focus on...Florida' programme on the Wedding Chanel (it was on again last night) as they cover loads of different venues and these 2 are both on there so you can really have a good look around.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 10, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Lionheart
Gone all Goofy

Thanks for that, it always amazes me how many of us there are with similar plans. The message is coming through about Cypress Grove and the lovely setting it provides, so leaning towards it. Have to decide now between going with Virgin or Crownline which has been recommended by a few Dibbers.

Whatever we choose I'm sure it will be the best 3 weeks of our lives and I cannot wait. A year seems ages away but going on the DIBB site and communciating with such helpful individuals as yourself gives me my daily fix of all things Disney & Florida. Maybe speak again asnext year approaches.

Thanks
Old 11 May 10, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi
We got married at Cypress Grove and was very lucky to have the help of FLGIRL-UKNow. There are some photos of our wedding on here - destinationoccasion/default.html

the location was beautiful and I was so very happy that I chose such a gorgeous place. Good Luck
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 10, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread