Unread 9 Aug 10, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
fdwhite
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I've just read through the list of infractions & the explanations of each one:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/faq... _new_faq_item2

I am just asking if I find a usefull Iphone app & post it on a forum, would this be classed as SPAMMING as the explanation is a little ambiguous in this area?
fdwhite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Blue Ridge Cabin plus a week in Florida
Unread 9 Aug 10, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JulesAyr
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Discussing this with my daughters they have led me to believe that some of the posts in the kids forum are going this way. They are scared to report incidents though as they want to be seen as friendly members on the Dibb.

Jules

July 2004 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2007 - Christmas at Disney - Sheraton Studio City/Royal Plaza
June/July 2009 - Hilton Doubletree Guest Suites, LBV
July 2011 - Hard Rock Hotel, Marriott Clearwater, Buena Vista Palace
July 2012 - Buena Vista Palace / Royal Pacific Resort
July 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific Resort
July 2017 - OKW / Royal Pacific Resort
2019 - Christmas and New Year trip
JulesAyr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Christmas/New Year Trip
Unread 9 Aug 10, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TheThommos
Trying for More Ears

Thanks so much for this. I find this site great and join at least once a day for great planning tips for my upcoming Florrie holiday.

To be honest recently I've been feeling a little uncomfortable with some of the 'argumentative posts' (should say that these are in the minority). But I was at the point of searching out another forum to join.

So hopefully this will ensure that DIBB stays a friendly and magical place.

Cumbrian Lakes 05; West Stonebridge 06; Southern Dunes 07; Hampton Lakes 08; Indian Point 11; Calabay Parc 12
TheThommos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to where it all started
Unread 9 Aug 10, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I'm split over this. On one hand it's good that arguments aren't allowed to descend into full blown rows, but sometimes a little argument can help to bring something out that is normally discussed on here.

The way that threads are closed with no reason stated also irritates me sometimes, although it's usually the ones where rabid anti-smokers lay into the smokers or the ones that can't afford to take their kids during school holidays are berated by those who can. I fall into both of these categories and respectfully request my right to stand up for myself.

If that right is taken away from me, then maybe the Dibb isn't going to worth my while to stay on, which would be a shame since I and Stella both enjoy coming on here.
Unread 9 Aug 10, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
Imagineer

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Thanks for this. Its very helpful. I often see posts which are quite niormal queries but then descend in to personal/argumentative discussions and it makes me feel uncomfortable and i always feel a bit sorry for the OP.
Its great to see that you are trying to keep the site friendly.
Unread 9 Aug 10, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cath1954
Apprentice Imagineer

cath1954's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi Stu thanx and have read
Cath
cath1954 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Me Hubby Daughter and 3 Grandchildren
Unread 9 Aug 10, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaSmith
Apprentice Imagineer

thanks stu!
EmmaSmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
days until Orlando!
Unread 9 Aug 10, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilsalop View Post
I'm split over this. On one hand it's good that arguments aren't allowed to descend into full blown rows, but sometimes a little argument can help to bring something out that is normally discussed on here.

The way that threads are closed with no reason stated also irritates me sometimes, although it's usually the ones where rabid anti-smokers lay into the smokers or the ones that can't afford to take their kids during school holidays are berated by those who can. I fall into both of these categories and respectfully request my right to stand up for myself.

If that right is taken away from me, then maybe the Dibb isn't going to worth my while to stay on, which would be a shame since I and Stella both enjoy coming on here.
Neil my understanding (and I'm sure Stu will put me right if I'm wrong) is that you will still be able to stand up for taking your children out of school during term time, the same as I will have an opposing view.

It's when I directly make a personal comment about YOU taking your children out of school as opposed to the principle would be grounds for me to recieve a warning or infraction?

That's how I see it anyway.