Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Mar 11, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by angel81uk View Post
I haven't had it done yet, I just had the call a couple of weeks ago to say my dress has arrived so I'm just waiting to have the fitting.

This is my dress though

And this link shows some different bustle styles that I'm going to take along to the fitting
weddingbee/2009/03/03...ng-the-bustle/
wow that dress is stunning - that info is really good too are you going for the complicated bustle or the less complicated one ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 11, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
angel81uk
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Thank you! I do like lace dresses so I'm definitely more drawn to your first choice, it's a lovely mixture of modern shape with vintage styling.

I'm not sure what sort of bustle I'm going to go for. I think I would prefer somewhere between the two! I don't want too many points, but I don't want it to look like one big swag of fabric picked up and attached near the top either. The shop have been really good so far so I'll ask them for a few ideas I think.
10 Nights SSR October 2016
angel81uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 11, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post

I was thinking of changing the sash for a wider one in cream/dusky pink or sage that ties at the back in a big bow but I guess I will see how it looks.

Its so clever how they do the bustles. yeah I think the size of the train on your dress angel will have a lot of fabric in a fold if you just have the one attaching point (lol, I have no idea what the name for those would be)
Old 8 Mar 11, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh I still dont know which one to get!
Help me ... LOL
which one would you get?
Old 8 Mar 11, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
angel81uk
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I still really really like the first one It's really pretty and relaxed, modern with a hint of vintage. I think it would look lovely with a sage green or dusky pink sash.

Do go and try a few on though, the dress I've ended up with is very very different to the ones I had been looking at online. The silhouette I thought I wanted didn't look as flattering when I tried it on, I didn't like the lace as much as I thought I did and it just didn't feel as nice as I thought it would. Even if you can't find someone who stocks the exact dresses you're looking for try and look for something similar and try a few on just to get an idea. Also try a few on that the consultants at the shop suggest for you, they can look so different once you're actually wearing them! I didn't actually like any of the random ones they gave me to try on but it really helped me to narrow things down. Little decisions like does a skirt that drapes from the hip look better than one that's more fitted etc. And I'd never have tried on a strapless dress through my own choice!
10 Nights SSR October 2016
angel81uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 11, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I prefer the first one too, although they are both lovely. I also agree with trying some on to see what style you prefer. X
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 11, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I had a garden wedding and a train about the same length of yours - I had no problems we went all over the place for photos including the beach at the beach club etc!

Surprisingly the dress didnt get very dirty at all I did not need to get it cleaned before our at home reception.
Old 9 Mar 11, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

I found the second dress on ebay, brand newwith tags and it was only £45 including postage! so i thought what the heck - its not the end of the world if its not my style, size or if I dont like it on. I can always put it back on ebay! I am tempted to order the first picture dress too and then I can compare as I can sent the second one back with no charge.

I have tried a few styles on and really prefer this kind of neckline I dont look great in the strapless ones or puffy dresses. I also on a budget as im currently at university as im a mature student I still have morgage etc to cover and I recently brought a small DVC contract which sucked up all my savings!
Old 14 Mar 11, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post

I got married at the Boardwalk (Sea Breeze Point) with a similar length train. I had no problems at all, even when taking photos on the beach. As others said, it gets dirty underneath more than anything. In fact, my dress got most dirty on the Wishes fireworks cruise, when lots of little flies attached themselves - ew!

In fact, the bigger concern about the boardwalk and the beach was my heels, lol!

In terms of dancing etc, my bridal shop attached a button so that I could hook the train up, and this was so useful.

By the way, I love the dresses
Old 30 Mar 11, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Team Turner
Imagineer

You should buy the dress that you want, the one that you love, and the one that every time you look at your photographs you will say " I really loved that dress".
You aren't going to be wearing it again, so nothing else matters. Would you want to look at your pictures and say "I really wanted the other dress."
This is a time where I firmly believe you should follow your heart, and not your head.