Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Apr 11, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post

costs for a florida wedding Help

Well we are all going to Florida in September, and dd was going to get married over here next yr, as they couldnt afford to go back next yr to fla to get married so...
i have suggested that they may as well tie the knot in florida while we are there! so i need to get some costs together for them.
cypress grove will be the place as we have been to a wedding there before, what are the costs to get married in florida and what does it consist of?
Thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 11, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsPorter2011
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi There
Who are you flying with? As I am getting married at Cypress Grove in December and have added it on to my virgin holiday. I got the deluxe wedding package for £1269. This includes; the ceremony, bride's flowers, groom's buttonhole, 2 bottles of sparkling wine, a limo to and from hotel, photographer with 30 5x7 photos in an album, free v room access, a 1 tier wedding cake, hair and makeup and a wedding coordinator. The wedding coordinator can also email you any wedding extras if you wish to upgrade anything.
Hope this helps
Emma
MrsPorter2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 11, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post

we were looking at doing it diy! so i need to know how much things like licence costs and anything else that has to be paid for on those lines. we can book cypress gardens and limos seperatly etc!
Old 22 Apr 11, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Hi Jeanette,

Trying to remember what we paid for our licence I think it was around $100.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 11, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
if you are looking to do it DIY then the wedding can cost as little or as much as you like. You will have to pay for the license, we got ours from Kissimmee Town Hall, which was easier than going to the city if Orlando - for us. Then you need to think about venue. There are SO many options, lots of the hotels now do packages. The best one we saw at the time we looked was a package at the Celebration Hotel in Celebration. We have since stayed at the hotel and would definately recommend the location. You may want to consider the food though, as we weren't that impressed with thier restaurant.
The other one we likes was at the Caribe hotel (may be caribe Royal) which is right at the other end of the Idrive (not the outlet end). We never persued this option, but have seen lots of pics of the ceremonies here and it looks like they do a good job.
We simply got married at the hotel we stayed at, the hotel staff really enjoyed organising it and they manged to get a local priest to come along and then I got flowers from Goodings in Crossroads Mall - the florist was still there last year when we went! Photos were fine, but since there were only 4 of us, it was a major cost for the photos, but was worth it nevertheless...
Finally, there are the obvious disney weddings, which offer packages, my advice would be to review all the packages and take the one that is right for you - weddings are SO personal enjoy the planning process and relax you can do it! Took me 6 weeks to book the holiday, buy my dress, find the venue, get the flowers sorted and organise the dinner afterwards!
zoemoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 11, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
Hi Jeanette,

Trying to remember what we paid for our licence I think it was around $100.
Thanks for that!
Old 23 Apr 11, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Zoomoo
thanks for the info, they were going to get married next yr in florida but then decided against it as they would have to come back after are holiday this yr in florida and start saving up again, i suggested why dont they tie the know while we are out there this sept!
never thought of anywhere else other than cypress grove( my nephew was married there) so i am going to look into your other options-thankyou! it will be a small affair though, so we will probably have a meal then a buffet at the villa at night time- thats as far as i have thought!
Old 24 Apr 11, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I've been looking into special occasion cakes on mousesavers and found this info

" Special Occasion Cakes

You can order special cakes for delivery to your resort room or to be served after your meal at a Walt Disney World restaurant.

Small decorated cakes (measuring 6"-8", to serve 4-8 people) in chocolate or vanilla can be delivered to your room at any of the Disney Deluxe Resorts. The cost starts at $25 plus tax. The Grand Floridian offers more elaborate cakes at higher prices. Simply call In-Room Dining (room service) from your room phone after arrival.

Small non-personalized decorated cakes (measuring 6", to serve 4-6 people) can be arranged on arrival at all Disney World resort table-service restaurants. Simply ask when you check in at the podium. The cost is $25 plus tax.

Personalized decorated cakes can be preordered to be served after your meal at most Disney World resort table-service restaurants. The cost is $25 plus tax for a 6" cake (serves 4), $30 plus tax for an 8" cake (serves about 8) or $45 plus tax for a 10" cake (serves about 16). Call (407) 827-2253 to make arrangements at least 48 hours in advance.

Hint: if you will have access to a car, order and pick up a decorated cake from Publix supermarket. The quality is excellent and the prices are much better than Disney's. They even have some Disney cake designs."

they also had this link to publix publix/food/catalog/B...Information.do
Old 24 Apr 11, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post

there are some wedding bouquets on kissflowers/kissimmee...=1&scid=144675 there at around $100
Old 26 Apr 11, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Thankyou!
Closed Thread