Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Oct 12, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lizj1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by absolutechic View Post
Hi Liz, You are just up the road from me in Hyde!

I too am getting married at Cypress Grove in May. I am having my reception meal at Citricos and hopefully doing a wishes cruise. I'm currently focused on planning my UK party and desperately trying to find a suitable venue within budget, being from my neck of the woods maybe you have some suggestions? I need to start a pre trippie too to keep track of everything!

Your plans so far sound fab and I love your dress!

Emma x
So sorry for the delay, what a coincidence. We should meet up sometime and share ideas. We're not having a UK reception as we just can't afford it. We looked at Peruga at Woodheys which is gorgeous, I think the minimum spend is £5000. Bredbury Hall is also nice, they have a bridal fayre there next week, I'm going on the Sunday if you fancy it.
Liz x
June 2013 - Dibb villa and our little boys first trip to see Mickey! Sept 2013 - Cypress Grove wedding and Emerald Island Villa June 2015 - Villa May 2016 - 30 weeks pregnant in Disney October 2018 - Our crazy princess' first trip
lizj1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 12, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lizj1982
Excited about Disney

Sorry it's been so long since I did an update, we've had a run of bad luck! My other half got made redundant then bathroom leek and other bits around the house, so we were a little reluctant to make any more plans until we got back on our feet.

Darren is now back in work so I went dress shopping and only went and ordered my dress! I've also bought some shoes but not sure how comfortable they will be for the whole day.

So this is my dress

I've ordered my dress one size smaller than I am as I'm trying to loose weight, a stone so far and hoping for about 10 pounds more.

And these are my shoes

I've still not sent out any invitations as not many people are coming and those that are have already booked their holidays but the plan is to go and look at invitations over the holidays, I saw some designs whilst at a wedding fayre so going to go visit her shop.

I also need to look into booking Ohana's, I'm really not sure where to start. Do I need to wait until the ADR date or can I contact them sooner? Any advice greatly appreciated.

I've also ordered our Disney and Universal tickets as Attraction Tickets Direct had an offer on and also bought our photo pass+ as that was on offer too!

Think that's everything so far, don't feel like I can really do much as Carrie is very organised lol
June 2013 - Dibb villa and our little boys first trip to see Mickey! Sept 2013 - Cypress Grove wedding and Emerald Island Villa June 2015 - Villa May 2016 - 30 weeks pregnant in Disney October 2018 - Our crazy princess' first trip

Edited at 06:36 AM.
lizj1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 12, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

So sorry to hear about your OH, but good news that things are sorted now.
I love your dress and shoes, you will look stunning. I haven't sent my invites out either, I'm making my own UK ones and haven't even thought about sending any for the Florida ones tbh. x

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 12, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post

So glad your OH is back in work and you can continue with your planning your dress and shoes are beautiful
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 12, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Liz

Just read your report so far. I know you posted on my pre trip report so thought I'd return the favour. And I can't believe not only are we both having 1pm Cypress Grove ceremonies as you saw on my report, but you're getting married on my Birthday! Woo! I shall be in the Caribbean then on our cruise but I'll be thinking of you.

I LOVE your dress too. It's similar to mine but you have the lovely tulle whereas mine's all tafetta.

I will get around to updating my thread one day as we've sent invitations so can post pictures (we had passport style ones) and booked our limo.

Laura
xx
Old 17 Dec 12, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lizj1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Minnie Moo View Post
Hi Liz

Just read your report so far. I know you posted on my pre trip report so thought I'd return the favour. And I can't believe not only are we both having 1pm Cypress Grove ceremonies as you saw. n my report, but you're getting married on my Birthday! Woo! I shall be in the Caribbean then on our cruise but I'll be thinking of you.

I LOVE your dress too. It's similar to mine but you have the lovely tulle whereas mine's all tafetta.

I will get around to updating my thread one day as we've sent invitations so can post pictures (we had passport style ones) and booked our limo.

Laura
xx
What a lovely way to spend your birthday. You are so organised and your wedding is only just over a week before ours, need to get a move on. Just seen your invitations, I LOVE them. Did you contact the lady that did your invites via the dibb? Think limo hire is next on the list after invitations. xxx
Old 17 Dec 12, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lizj1982 View Post
What a lovely way to spend your birthday. You are so organised and your wedding is only just over a week before ours, need to get a move on. Just seen your invitations, I LOVE them. Did you contact the lady that did your invites via the dibb? Think limo hire is next on the list after invitations. xxx
I'm not sure if Marianne who did our invites is on here. I contacted her directly through her website. It's Ditsy Chic and she's based in Bristol. I can find her email address tomorrow if you wish or pop onto her website as she does loads of designs.

Oh and with the limo there are lots of companies I didn't know where to start or trust. I was adamant I wanted a white limo and didn't find many that did. Plus as Sarah & Darren on here had used a company which did white limos and she was pleased with their service I trusted that one company a little more as seen her pics.
Xx

Edited at 11:24 PM.
Old 18 Dec 12, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

I can't see ur wedding dress photo it's telling me it's been deleted. Glad ur OH is back in work x
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 12, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
lizj1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by SnowWhiteGsy View Post
I can't see ur wedding dress photo it's telling me it's been deleted. Glad ur OH is back in work x
I've just reposted the links, hopefully you can see the pics now. Think I deleted them off photobucket so the OH couldn't see them x
Old 18 Dec 12, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

I can see it looks amazing, u will look so pretty! X
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread