Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Weddings and Honeymoons
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.
Florida Tix
Unread 15 Oct 15, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Great wedding thread, best wishes for a wonderful day. I enjoyed reading your planning as DD has now named her day for next August and I am now in full "mother in law in training" mode and we are into caterers, dresses, bridesmaids etc. Have a lovely wedding and future together
Thank you... that's really sweet.

Wedding planning is so much fun, I love it

Nearly as much fun as planning a holiday to Florida ... but not quite.

But the fun thing about this is that Florida is the honeymoon. So even after the day is over, I will still have Florida to look forward to

Our ADR window is two weeks after our wedding. Yes, I've already worked that out.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
SF and CSR with DxDDP - Soooo excited!
Unread 17 Oct 15, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Apprentice Imagineer

Just read through all this . What a lovely story of how you met and your proposal. My OH was the same, we went to Rome and everyone thought we'd get engaged and he later told me he didn't propose there since everyone thought it was going to happen!

Your plans sound brilliant . I love your dress and the inspiration picture for your bouquet is beautiful, I've spent hours looking and never seen anything quite like that. The colours are going to be beautiful with the navy blue bridesmaids too. I also love the colour of your hair it's gorgeous!

I'm very similar to you, we've had our wedding booked for over 2 years and now we're down to the last few months. I did most of my planning quite early and my dress arrived 11 months before the wedding! We've saved lots of money this way though, booking things when suppliers had offers on and I've enjoyed every minute of planning. One friend told me I'd be fed up of my long engagement by this point but I'm still enjoying it . Starting to get very excited though as we now only have 140 days to go.

Everyone says this, but even more so once the year to go mark hits, time will FLY BY. Like, completely disappear...I swear yesterday was Christmas and its October already! Enjoy every minute of your planning x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland Paris
Unread 19 Oct 15, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Just read through all this . What a lovely story of how you met and your proposal. My OH was the same, we went to Rome and everyone thought we'd get engaged and he later told me he didn't propose there since everyone thought it was going to happen!

Your plans sound brilliant . I love your dress and the inspiration picture for your bouquet is beautiful, I've spent hours looking and never seen anything quite like that. The colours are going to be beautiful with the navy blue bridesmaids too. I also love the colour of your hair it's gorgeous!

I'm very similar to you, we've had our wedding booked for over 2 years and now we're down to the last few months. I did most of my planning quite early and my dress arrived 11 months before the wedding! We've saved lots of money this way though, booking things when suppliers had offers on and I've enjoyed every minute of planning. One friend told me I'd be fed up of my long engagement by this point but I'm still enjoying it . Starting to get very excited though as we now only have 140 days to go.

Everyone says this, but even more so once the year to go mark hits, time will FLY BY. Like, completely disappear...I swear yesterday was Christmas and its October already! Enjoy every minute of your planning x
So much better when it's a surprise!

It was so much of a surprise for me, my nails were absolutely horrendous Mum was absolutely horrified when the first picture of my ring finger was with half scuffed nail polish

Needless to say, every picture I've taken since of my ring finger has been with beautifully manicured nails

Glad to see that I'm not the only crazy planner! I always think it's better to be organised though. I hate being stressed unnecessarily at the last minute! Couldn't think of anything worse!

My dress is currently at Ava Rose. I won't see it again till next September when I start having my fittings Wish I could though. I don't think I'd cope if it was sat in our house for 11 months. I'd want to try it on all the time

My tiara arrived today! Well, I need to pick it up from the local Pharmacy which is out DHS pickup point I went for a different one in the end. Essentially, I spotted it on Ebay. It's a real Linzi Jay one, brand new, never been worn, 30.

It might be a bit big in terms of height, but if it is, I'll just sell it on.

Neil has also agreed to five Disney park table names!

On the condition that he can have five tables named after City players I think I'll allow it. I think our guests would find it hilarious. It's very us. I've also got the okay for our Beauty and the Beast themed top tier only cake.

Not telling him about the hidden Mickeys in my bouquet and the Castle decals I've bought for my shoes. He won't even notice them.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 20 Oct 15, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely better as a surprise .

I've not been tempted to look at my dress, it's at my mums anyway, but I look at pictures of me in it every few weeks haha! I do try my headpiece on quite a bit though (not quite a tiara, it's a side one if that makes sense) as its in my house. Boosts my excitement every now and then . What a bargain you got!

Looking forward to reading more plans x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland Paris
Unread 23 Oct 15, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
So my tiara arrived and I am absolutely in love with it!

It was a total Ebay bargain at 30 incl. P&P and the RRP on the Linzi Jay website was 75. It's brand new, never been used, and you can tell!

It looks a lot more big and pointy on the picture than it actually is when I put it on my head... I think I must have a big head

I kind of think that I might want a tiny bit of volume on my hair anyway... maybe something like this...

So the tiara could sit nicely on top? Not sure yet though. I just knew that I wanted one, so I got one

Also been thinking I might go for sparkles with the veil. Technically, I don't need them, as the dress carries on its own, but Mum said to me the other day that she had been rethinking the sparkle... and I think I was too. At what other time in your life do you get to wear a sparkly veil?

Neil also decided this evening that he has changed his mind on table names and now just wants numbers He's said that he's always thought you should just have numbers... but I think they're boring (Meaning no offence to anyone who is having numbers!)

So we're at a bit of an stalemate in this department at the moment. After about ten minutes of going back and forth, I finally said that if it meant that much to him, we could have numbers. But he said it didn't. So, I don't really know what to do now. He started looking at other stuff, googling 'fun table names' but he hated all of the ideas. Granted, we do have over a year to decide

I want Disney theme parks (I was happy with theme parks and City players ) but I can't see it happening now

I can't help but feel like because Neil doesn't really feel that strongly about anything else in the wedding (or has agreed with all of the stuff I've done so far) that I should let him have them. Or leave it a week and say something along the lines of 'You know, I've come round on table numbers' (even though I haven't ) and just let him have it.

But then again... I really want those Disney theme parks

Edited at 06:02 PM.
Unread 25 Oct 15, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
slightly serious Dibber

Blokes, why do they do this, throw a spanner in the works and then say they aren't bothered. Choose what you want for table names and tell him he'll be too busy on the day to notice.

Lovely tiara, very soon it will be less than a year.
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 15, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Just a quick but kind of important update... we've booked the registrar!

We didn't get the original time we wanted. I wanted 12pm but apparently they don't do ceremonies at 12pm so we've had to go with 1pm BUT never mind! Only a very minor setback. And as Katie said, we'll have more time to get ready in the morning!

We also have to go in next Thursday to give notice of marriage, show ID and proof of address and so on. As Neil said today, 'this ###### just got real!'

Going to book the photobooth and the cars next... and then we need to decide on 'Save the Dates' which we're sending with Christmas cards. I have two designs that I've done, so I'm going to present each to Neil and see which one he thinks because I like them both.

I will post pictures of the samples later, but I left one of them at work
Unread 27 Nov 15, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Date secured; cars booked, photobooth booked and Save the Dates!

Despite the fact that I am right in the middle of term and super super busy, I just wanted to have a little breather and a time out to share my wedding developments with you all

As I promptly updated on the day... we have secured our date and time for our ceremony with Calderdale Council This was a major milestone on my 'Wedding Organisation Timeline' and I was super excited to do something so official!

I rang up at 9am on the dot (you'd have thought it was an ADR reservation the way I was watching my phone on the morning ) and was promptly greeted with the somewhat hilarious message, "To book an appointment for marriage notice, please see our online booking system..." It's a true testament to my self restraint that I hadn't rung up prior to the 5th November and found out that it could all be done online.

Calderdale were very efficient and rang me as soon as I'd put our booking through and I quickly paid our deposit and booked our ceremony in. As previously mentioned, I had wanted to get married at 12pm but apparently they don't do civil ceremonies at 12pm so we had to go for 1pm. I had wanted 12 because it would give us more time to enjoy the wedding, more 'day' in our day... but hey ho! Needs must! It's actually going to give us more time to get ready so I can be persuaded.

We then went in to the Registry Office the following week to officially give notice of marriage. This was hilarious! We both had to go in separately and were asked questions about our lives and where we lived and each other's birthdays I hadn't expected this and unexpectedly faltered when the lady asked me when Neil's birthday was Of course, I knew when it was, it just threw me

Neil then went in and after no time at all announced that he had 'passed the test.' The women in the Registry Office were really lovely and had such a sense of humour about it all. It was even funnier when they had to ask both of our Dads' professions (How old fashioned! ) I announced that my Dad is Chairman of a local building firm. Neil announced that his Dad works in a Betfried in Scarborough. Oh the laughs kept on coming.

They told us what we could and couldn't have and we have a load of paperwork that we need to give back to them about a month before the wedding, mostly to do with which vows we want and what music we're having.

I have known since forever that I would be walking down the aisle to 'Spectromagic Instrumental Medley.' The song means a lot to me, and I love the idea that only a few people would know the song and where it was from. Most would get the 'When You Wish Upon A Star' and of course, the hints of the Princess songs but only a certain few would know that it was from the Spectromagic parade. And that makes me happy. Though the song makes me cry as it is so god knows what I'm going to be like on the day I haven't told anyone apart from my Mum and sister what I'm walking down the aisle to. They'll have to find out on the day I suppose Though Neil's Mum did say, 'As long as you're not walking down the aisle to that goddamn song from Frozen.' I wish they would give me some credit sometimes. I love Disney but I'm not tacky with it. :angry:

We do need to think of some other songs though for when we're signing the register and for when we leave. We'll have to have a think

Other updates:

I've booked our cars.

Neil and I are having:

This is also the car that Dad and I will be arriving in.

The bridesmaids and parents are having:

We are having them for four hours and they will decorate with ribbons and bubbly etc. I'm really pleased with the price I've got for them both. Essentially we are getting two cars for the price of what you would pay for one vintage car.

I do like the vintage cars but it doesn't mean enough to me to pay that much for one. Particularly when we could pay for transportation for our parents for the day for the same price.

We've also booked our Photobooth through JC Photobooth. They are a preferred vendor of our wedding venue and have given us a great price so we are thrilled. We weren't going to have one, but we went to a family wedding in August and loved the one they had there. It was so much fun.

That's not to mention that I got some good news with work in that I'm going to be made full time in January (not permanent, I will add, oh the joys of being an early career academic! ) but full time from January until the end of September. This is going to help immensely with our saving plans for the wedding so we can afford a few little luxuries (like a photobooth) There's a lot of stuff I've managed to save money on (my shoes, tiara and bridesmaids dresses to name a few!) And we're not having a fancy cake So all in all, we decided that a photobooth was going to be a fun addition to the wedding.

Also, I have my designs for our save the dates:

This was the first one I did...

And this is the second... This is more matching with our invitation style. But I don't know which one I prefer. I haven't showed Neil yet, I'm going to wait a few weeks and send them out with our Christmas cards...

What do you guys think?

Over and out

Edited at 06:05 PM.
QuickSilver