Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 29 Feb 16, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by hunny 247 View Post
ohhh love the updates! love Leeds and the alchamist and have heard fab things about the Fox it's on my list of local places to go eat! you will have to let us know how the pinic benches go down as that is a fab idea for a hen party (writes that into my wedding idea book!) love all your ideas it's really starting to come together isn't it!
xx
I have had many an afternoon tea at the Fox and they are superb! So so much food and it's all so yummy! They are letting us have the room upstairs which is semi-private and holds up to 35 people. I won't have that many (probs about 25) but it will be nice to have a little section just for us. I can't recommend them enough!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 16, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
I'd also like to add that Neil and I have now officially decided that we are going to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter.

I decided I wasn't excited about staying at Saratoga Springs, despite its amazing location.

Neil decided he wanted the water taxi and he liked that POFQ was so small with everything close by.

I decided that Coronado Springs theming was 'too similar' to Royal Pacific Resort.

Neil decided that while Coronado Springs does have Rix Lounge going for it, we probably wouldn't even use it whereas going by our current itinerary, we would use the water taxi to Disney Springs.

I decided that I liked the 'Deep South' theme to POFQ and that it seemed so quiet and so chilled out which was what we needed on honeymoon.

So this has been our thought process.

King room with DxDDP. Waiting on free dining. They better not change the price now
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 16, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Got the day off today so I thought I would do a mock up of how I want our registrar table to look. What do you guys think? This is EXACTLY the sort of look I was wanting. And it's been created for about £2.50

Edited at 06:24 PM.
Old 11 Mar 16, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow! That's amazing I love it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 16, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

Very pretty!
Old 23 Mar 16, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Booked Randy Chapman!

I've been looking into Disney weddings ever since Neil and I got together and as many of you know, this was the fairy tale wedding I always wanted. But the practicalities of doing our wedding in Disney just wouldn't have worked for us. My Grandma and Grandad wouldn't have been able to attend and Neil's parents aren't Disney people. At all.

I was going to do a VR, but it just seemed like so much money for what it was.

So, I looked into us doing a photo shoot in Disney in my wedding dress to get the photos I always wanted without the price tag Neil has always agreed to this because he knows that not getting married in Disney was and still is a big thing for me.

Disney's Fine Art Photography did get back to me and I was thinking of booking them. But they are very expensive and you don't know which photographer you're going to get!

So I emailed Randy Chapman. Randy Chapman is the photographer that I always wanted for my wedding day. I had seen his work on Disney wedding blogs and Trip Reports. I was almost a bit star struck to get in touch with him! He got back in touch immediately and I loved him and he was literally $100s cheaper than Disney!

We have booked our bridal photo shoot on Thursday 25th May next year. We are tied in terms of dates anyway because my best friend is a teacher so we will have to be in Orlando over May half term. And because I'm nuts and have mocked up two itineraries (one for each potential set of dates we will be there ) I have left Thursday 25th free on both of these itineraries so I felt fine to book Randy for this day.

I am sooooooooooo excited to be able to get the amazing photographs I've always dreamed of! We are going to start at the Poly and get some beach shots. I would like to go over to the GF if we can, but Randy says it will dependent as to whether there is a DFTW on. But given that we're having our shoot at 10am in the morning (ish) I doubt there will be a wedding - but you never know! I thought the earlier the better as Neil and I are both red-heads and the sun never agrees with us. (Plus, we have an afternoon of drinking around the world/drinking in Disney Springs planned! )

Ultimately, if I get one shot of me, Neil and the Castle in the background, my dream will have come true. And I'm sure that Randy will deliver ten fold.
Old 23 Mar 16, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
How exciting!

We have done the same, can't do a Disney wedding so do a Disney photo sesh instead! We are doing one with Randy on the Board Walk.
A photo with the castle in the back will me amazing for you!

Love the DiY registrar table, very romantic and a total barg!
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Great update. I love Randy's photos
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 16, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Getting my dress cleaned...

This is hilarious. Although it has had me a little worried for my own sanity

Has anyone else ever had wedding nightmares?

For the past three nights solid, I have had wedding nightmares. How ridiculous, I know! The first night, Neil and I were late to the ceremony and my dress was filthy. The second night, my dress was all tatty and I couldn't find the venue. And in last night's dream, I arrived at the shop (which remarkably looked like Greenwoods in Halifax, even though I obviously didn't get my dress from there!) and the ladies in there had sold my dress and tried to convince me that my dress was actually a tatty pink one... I was devastated and woke up absolutely frantic.

My conclusion from this was that my subconscious was worried about the fact that my dress is the sample and that it needs cleaning.

So I've taken the plunge and asked Ava Rose if I can pick my dress up this week and take it to get cleaned. Even though it's early and my alterations aren't until August/September, I don't want to have any more nightmares

The things weddings do to us, I swear to God
Old 30 Mar 16, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Yes, I've had a couple of wedding related dreams where I have looked at my watch and have only 10 minutes to get ready (I often have these kind of dreams before a holiday too though, so they don't bother me )
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List