Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jun 14, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Shhh... Let me share a secret !

We are getting married 16th August 14

So the story goes that Oh (52 ) and I (47) have been together over 10 years but never bothered getting married. My girls have been going through very busy stressful times at uni. (Stay with me ! ) they were really down about our road trip to Texas in May so we agreed that if we could find cheap flights that fit in with everyone's busy schedule we would have a family holiday. So flights to florida were found yey and we are all mega excited

So oh and I got thinking and decided why not get married. We want something low key, no fuss and just the four of us so we booked it and haven't told a soul - except you all now!

So not quite a Disney wedding but a hot air balloon wedding at dawn. The pilot is doing the ceremony, trimming the balloon, sorting the flowers when I tell him what I want and the photographer. I'm so busy at work taking that pressure off is a result for me!

The plan is to have champagne, cake and breakfast after the flight and photos. We are then going back to the apartment for a sleep because it's a really early start and going to be a long day ...

The plan is then to have a meal. Now here's where it might get a bit wierd for you all! We love Cheesecake Factory and with two really fussy eaters and a low key wedding we have decided hey do what feels right so that's what we are doing

We are thinking about hiring a vintage cadillac to take us to the cheesecake factory at Winter Park( I don't want to go to one attached to a mall) but that bits all to be sorted yet.

After that we are heading for the grand Floridian where we have booked a wishes cruise. We must be mad cos we are going to be exhausted!

Anyway that's the plan... Now to sort the rest of it. Kind of all a bit of a rush and certainly not enough time to be thin

So I might be asking tips and advise, I hope that's ok.

Ps I've been reading all your posts for a couple of weeks but have only just convinced myself that no one will recognise me if I post under my dibb name ! All your plans sound wonderful. I love the dresses, rings and proposal stories.

Dollyjojo
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 14, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post

yay congratulations!

Can't wait to see the rest of your plans and of course ask away! xx
Old 15 Jun 14, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
pixiep
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Dolly OH WOW!

What a wonderful day its going to be for all...

I would love to renew our wedding vows in Florida, but DH says once is enough!

Have a great time planning what needs to be

*2023 Eagle pointe *2019 Bella Vida* 2018 Emerald Isle FL * 2016 Indian Point FL * 2014 Dibb Villa Lindfields * 2012 Bentley Oaks FL * 2011 Calabay Park @Tower lakes FL * 2008 Crescent Lakes FL * 1992 DLP *
pixiep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 14, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
SPN Clann
Imagineer

SPN Clann's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 26
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Congratulations

Your day sounds just perfect!

Our wedding meal will be in our favourite steakhouse, and so I love your choice. If you go with what you love, you can't go wrong!

xxx
2015 - Rosen Inn, International Drive
2016 & 2017 - Our HalloWedding & HalloWedding Anniversary, Caribbean Beach
SPN Clann is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 14, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Sounds amazing, congratulations, nothing wrong with a wedding meal at Cheesecake Factory , we got married over there just at the courthouse, no fuss, then had a helicopter ride & a meal at Olive Garden, wouldn't change what we did for anything, hope you have an amazing day

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 14, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Congratulations! Ahh sounds like a lovely day! Love the Cadillac idea! Your have amazing pictures in a hot air balloon.
Old 15 Jun 14, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Awwwwww thanks guys

Tabz - your wedding plans look amazing. I love some of the little touches you are planning. I want coat hangers and sparkles now

Pixiep - keep at him I'm sure you will persuade him. I'm having so much fun I might suggest renewing our vows every year ... And thanks you have reminded me that we better think about vows:/

Parris - glad you are with us on the meal. What you like can't disappoint

Keeley 78 - helicopter sounds amazing. We've never been to the Olive Garden but it's on our list because it's just what our fussy two will like too

Thing1thing 2 thanks I hope it's amazing and we can sort the car. Just been looking at that and it's not gonna be straightforward but I'm no quitter !

So on with the plans
Old 15 Jun 14, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

sounds like a great plan!
Old 15 Jun 14, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Fieryannie
Imagineer

Congratulations, I'm sure it will be amazing

xxx
Animal Kingdom Lodge - HRH - Aug/Sept 2012
All Star Music Resort - June/July 2009
Fieryannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 14, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Congratulations Sounds amazing