Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 16 Nov 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

Ohana mama does DxDDP

...And we're off! The travel day/night was a bit of a blur with an almost one year old and three year old so I have no food photos, infact I can't even remember if I ate!

First stop, Cape canaveral and IHOP my only food tradition for breakfast. I've told my hubby I'm doing this food report so far he's onboard, but in general he thinks I take too many photos, so we will see how long he puts up with it 😂.

Creamy hot choc! Very delicious and i always find we just can't recreate American hot chocolate at home. My daughter is going to drink her body weight in hot choc this holiday, I literally think it's what she is most excited about.

This is my regular buttermilk pancakes, so huge and so yummy. In hindsight three would have been plenty. I normally have the traditional syrup but also tasted the pecan butter one which was delicious!

Pancake sliders, scrambled egg, american "plastic cheese", fried onion and sausage patties, with hash brown. This got raveing review from the hubs -says it's introduced him nicely to American cuisine and filled him up (tho he did manage to help me finish mine).

...then for the star of the show! Dum Dum dum
Grinch pancake! Ok this maybe doesn't look that appetising but was delicious, so fluffy and light and the icing frosting was delicious, it was nicer than my pancakes. If we go back I'm getting a stack of Grinch Pancakes. They are just plain buttermilk pancakes but tasted much fresher to me despite their green colour 😂
They have a couple of Grinch additions to the menu. $30 dollars well spent. Servers were great with the kids!

The radio said it's national fast food day, fittingly, lunch was a quick trip to Mc D's buttermilk crispy chicken burger, quarter pounder and happy meal. The fountain drinks are huge and so syrupy - always forget how sweet they are. $20 all in. You can get a cheeseburger for $1... Well it would be rude not to!

Too full for dinner plus the time difference is throwing us off right now. Will try to keep up to date as we go!

Over n out 🧚

Edited at 10:46 PM.
ohana_mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
IHOP for breakfast perfect choice, Why have I not eaten pancake sliders before? They look delicious. Have a great holiday.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 03:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
IHOP for breakfast perfect choice, Why have I not eaten pancake sliders before? They look delicious. Have a great holiday.
Thanks Goldia. So full of food I'm finding it hard to write about food 😂
ohana_mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
The pancake sliders look interesting, my dh would love them.

The Grinch pancakes are super cute. I might be tempted in December.

Thanks for posting - Enjoy !
Old 18 Nov 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Sanna

Next stop lunch at Sanna, we arrived about an hour early the girl at check in was lovely and great with the girls, she brought my daughter a tiara later on when she spotted us again and she thought she was great. We did end up waiting around an hour as the restaurant was so busy.

We managed to get a window seat! It was at the side, not in the main restaurant so there was a bit of a fence in front of it but oh my goodness what a view! The animals were out in force.

View from lunch

Lunch menu

allergy menu

The hubs beer, one of the beers was not available and had been replaced with "old elephants foot" he said he should have got this but we only realised after he ordered.

Gluten free cider and mojito, both yummy!

Gluten free bread service, the nann tasted like nann but just had a slightly different texture it was really nice.

Lamb skewers and berry smoothie. The skewers were lovely but really spicey yet also sweet.

Sausage and spicey egg and regular nann service, both really good. The nann's were all a different flavour and were all really nice except one that had a potato bread like consistency - it wasn't my cup of tea! No peswari nann either which is normally my fav.

Mains were tandoori chicken both normal and gluten free, not the same spices as we would have at home but tasted good all the same.
normal version

gluten free version

Hubs had a journey as did I. These were beautiful but by this stage I was feeling full... All that nann was beginning to feel like a main meal not an appetiser!

so here we go this is chickpeas, Dahl, spicy shrimp and rice. The shrimp were spicy but hubs loved them.

Then this was mine, butter chicken, which was so tasty really authentic I've been to Africa and its the closest curry I've had to being back there. The coconut vegetable medely was really nice too but by this stage I had too much food.

For desserts we had candy bar, triple chocolate mouse and a gluten free version of the butterscotch pudding
these desserts were OK but nothing to write home about. All in approx $230ish

here is the dessert menu.

The server was OK but was just going through the motions we didn't feel rushed and were able to take lunch at our own pace which was great. We got more Disney vibes from the maitre D though in all honesty, she was so upbeat and chatty and great with the kids.

Lunch ended up being quite late so we opted for some cheese fries as a snack credit from the resort these were made gluten free in a separate fryer in front of our eyes. Love the plastic cheese. The chilli that normally comes with these is not gluten free hence we chose not to have it. These were $6 each or a snack credit each.

And that's it for another food day.
Old 18 Nov 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
The pancake sliders look interesting, my dh would love them.

The Grinch pancakes are super cute. I might be tempted in December.

Thanks for posting - Enjoy !
Thanks rescuer definitely get some grinch pancakes they are pretty awesome! Thanks for reading!
Old 18 Nov 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We are celebrating with mickey in style for his birthday at brunch on the top in california grill.
Happy birthday Mickey!
Old 19 Nov 18, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Mobile

IHOP is a place I just don't go enough.
So good.
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

ooh those pancake sliders look really good... I'm planning on an IHOP breakfast in a couple of weeks when we fly into Fort Lauderdale so I might be tempted!

The thing that actually puts me off Sanaa is that I LOVE naan, so I'd just eat the whole bread service and not touch my main. Maybe I'll try it one day if we go with more than 2 of us so there's more to share the bread with lol.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Hello 😊. So I'm gonna try and update my report - there was too much fun happening on holidays to keep it updated live. Feeling the Disney blues so what better way to relive the experience than by going through pictures of food?!?

First full day and a quick breakfast grab at the counter service restaurant for breakfast. Gluten free bounty platter with freshly cooked GF mickey waffles (which were delicious). A jam Danish, cinnamon swirl, and I couldn't resist the stitch cupcake - so light and fluffy with amples of buttercream so good! Of course you can have cupcakes for breakfast it's Disney!