Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Nov 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
thanks

but a lot of people move on fridays so if this was the case then best will in the world you have at very least a weekend early into next week with a old sofa/chairs on your front lawn until you can arrange a colelction

hardly a nice start to a new house... would have been so much simpler if the seller had removed all their stuff as its not rocket science...
The neighbours would think Onslow and Daisy had moved in.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
And where do you put the old one? Nobody suggested it was rocket science but it will cost the op time and money to dispose of somebody else’s rubbish, I guess it’s both time and money that could be used elsewhere during a house move
In the garden like everyone else would, phone the council to come remove it. It'll take about 20mins at the most and cost nothing. No money spent and problem solved.

Originally Posted by laurad107 View Post
Gosh why so aggressive? Moving is stressful without having to get rid of extra stuff. Lots of people vent on here, no need to tear people down. I hate end of. It’s just rude
I'm not being agressive? And attemting to imply that I'm rude... read the post I REPLIED to... THEY were the one who said End off to me, if its good enough for it to be said to ME then I will say it back to them.

So instead of picking on ME, go read the post directed to me and see who's rude then. Thanks
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
In the garden like everyone else would, phone the council to come remove it. It'll take about 20mins at the most and cost nothing. No money spent and problem solved.

I'm not being agressive? And attemting to imply that I'm rude... read the post I REPLIED to... THEY were the one who said End off to me, if its good enough for it to be said to ME then I will say it back to them.

So instead of picking on ME, go read the post directed to me and see who's rude then. Thanks
In the garden? Certainly not, leave that to the chavs
I don’t want anybody else’s old crap thank you

Edited at 07:52 PM.
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Glad you managed to get rid of it but sorry to hear about the fleas.

A friend has recently moved into their dream apartment. Paid £2000 extra for carpets and curtains. Discovered a few days after they'd moved in that the carpets are infested with carpet moths There is no comeback and the insurance won't cover it either.
Oh no that sounds terrible, can they not be gotten rid of? Doesn't she have any comeback against the seller/carpet provider?

RE putting the old sofa out on our lawn- not the impression we wanted to make on our new neighbours but yeah we might not have had a choice! Thankfully it didn't come to that.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

In the garden? Certainly not, leave that to the chavs
Really? So if you buy yourself a new sofa or fridge/washing machine etc, and contact the council to remove it where do you put it? Does it levitate in mid air in the living room or kitchen?
As here where I live it has to be put at the bottom of our garden and they remove it into the bin lorry.

Or are people on here too posh or privileged to contact the council to have furniture removed?
I know that's how its done here in N.Ireland, it's how its done where my brother and sister live in England, my brother does the same in Scotland. And we are certainly not Chavs! Very discriminating word there, and a very big assumption.
Talk about looking down your nose on others. And I thought this was a forum for everyone? Its Getting more and more obvious that this place is only for a certain class.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Really? So if you buy yourself a new sofa or fridge/washing machine etc, and contact the council to remove it where do you put it? Does it levitate in mid air in the living room or kitchen?
As here where I live it has to be put at the bottom of our garden and they remove it into the bin lorry.

Or are people on here too posh or privileged to contact the council to have furniture removed?
I know that's how its done here in N.Ireland, it's how its done where my brother and sister live in England, my brother does the same in Scotland. And we are certainly not Chavs! Very discriminating word there, and a very big assumption.
Talk about looking down your nose on others. And I thought this was a forum for everyone? Its Getting more and more obvious that this place is only for a certain class.
Well it’s not acceptable to me. Furniture in the garden? Goodness me
Not discrimination at all just simply different standards
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Our council would certainly charge you to pick it up, the dump is very picky about what it allows in, this has sadly left to fly tipping in the Forest. All areas are different, same as with recycling.
Regarding my new white goods, the last few things I have bought from AO and paid them to remove the old ones.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Last time we got rid of white goods we took it to the tip. I wouldn't mind a sofa/fridge out in the garden for a few hours waiting for collection but obviously it shouldn't be out there for weeks!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Well it’s not acceptable to me. Furniture in the garden? Goodness me
Not discrimination at all just simply different standards
Totally agree Colette, furniture left in the garden for days on end is certainly not the done thing where I live either.
As an aside Irishlass, where I live a council removal has to be booked online and they can take up to 5 days to get to you. Furniture must be kept dry in that time so they would refuse to remove it if it had been left in the garden to get soaked (would also be a darn sight heavier to lift too!). It also cost £20 per item to remove so I would be pretty darn cross at having to pay to remove someone else’s old junk, and rightly so.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Im impressed your local council collects old furniture especially sofas for free ?

I thought ours at £12* was cheap but they dont collect for free.. & it had to be kept inside till the day of collection if its wet/dirty they dont collect... not actually sure why as i assume the skip them but thems the rules

* per sofa £4 a chair/ottoman

PS end of. wasnt being rude just a statement that would be my view as in its upto them to remove their old crap , end of discussion

Edited at 08:30 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List