Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 22 Sep 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida Liz View Post
We are planning our first trip next July with DS 16 and DD 13, same ages as your boys.
Half wishing we were just going back to Florida again to what we know but promised something special for next year.
Flights booked and looking for hotels. Came across your trip report looking for posts about Broadway Plaza.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your 1st day and just wanted to say hi before I continue reading the rest of your trip report.
I feel very much out of my comfort zone planning this one so need tons of research/advice/help...
Aah thank you, and hi to you too 😊 That's exactly how we felt too, just wanted the comfort of Florida but we really enjoyed our trip, would definately recommend the broadway plaza, the room was fantastic and we saved a fortune on Breakfast! If there's anything I can help with feel free to ask
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Liz
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
I have read all your trip report and loved it. Very inspirational

I'm a bit shocked at the prices of the hotels. Is it best to book early or wait till nearer the time?
Think we might have to cancel Christmas this year and remortgage the house. Makes Florida prices look very cheap
Old 24 Sep 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida Liz View Post
I have read all your trip report and loved it. Very inspirational

I'm a bit shocked at the prices of the hotels. Is it best to book early or wait till nearer the time?
Think we might have to cancel Christmas this year and remortgage the house. Makes Florida prices look very cheap
Thank you for reading
I have no idea I'm afraid, we just booked kind of impulsively through Expedia so didn't really compare any prices.
Old 13 Dec 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post

I lived in the city for almost thirty years - but moved to the country after marrying DH. And for like the first SIX MONTHS, it would take me hours to fall asleep. It was just TOO quiet.

But then I got used to it - and now being in places like New York - every noise wakes me. Curse the man who invented that backing up beeper thing on the bin lorries! Even eight floors up we could hear it!

PS: I see that you and I share a fondness for exclamation marks. I knew I liked you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I lived in the city for almost thirty years - but moved to the country after marrying DH. And for like the first SIX MONTHS, it would take me hours to fall asleep. It was just TOO quiet.

But then I got used to it - and now being in places like New York - every noise wakes me. Curse the man who invented that backing up beeper thing on the bin lorries! Even eight floors up we could hear it!

PS: I see that you and I share a fondness for exclamation marks. I knew I liked you.
I’ve just read it back and yes I do appear to like them!
Old 19 Jan 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

Great read thanks - views from Brooklyn look fab. I'm planning a similar day when we go in July - and will definitely be having some pizza. I can't decide about the 9/11 museum. I'd like to go but don't not sure about the kids.. thanks for doing this. Off to read the rest
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Waltdisnae View Post
Great read thanks - views from Brooklyn look fab. I'm planning a similar day when we go in July - and will definitely be having some pizza. I can't decide about the 9/11 museum. I'd like to go but don't not sure about the kids.. thanks for doing this. Off to read the rest
Thank you the boys found it interesting but it didn’t mean as much to them as they weren’t born. But the pizza was amazing!
Old 19 Jan 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Brilliant first day you packed so much in!
I too would have been disappointed with not having the full reveal at the OWO, how odd that they didn't include it
What did your boys think of the memorial museum? My 2 are similar ages to yours and still undecided whether to take them or not.
Well done on your first successful Subway ride!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Brilliant first day you packed so much in!
I too would have been disappointed with not having the full reveal at the OWO, how odd that they didn't include it
What did your boys think of the memorial museum? My 2 are similar ages to yours and still undecided whether to take them or not.
Well done on your first successful Subway ride!
I know I’m still disappointed about that
They liked it which is obviously the wrong word because it’s not a place you like, found it interesting I should say. It’s very visual, lots of videos and items so they could see what happened.