Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 May 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

How late would you leave it?

How late would you leave it to book flights?

We are supposed to be departing 26 September returning 12 October. The prices direct on these dates haven’t budged for months despite dates very close to them coming down. We won’t go indirect so are choosing between MAN or LGW to MCO. We also aren’t driving so it’s only MCO as an arrival airport option.

Including bags prices are around £500-550 each, but dates either side are £100-150 lower!

Without obviously considering changing dates etc., how long would you leave it before biting the bullet and just booking? We are just over four months out now. We will pay the current price if needs be but were hoping for around £400.

Has anyone ever had accommodation booked like we have (paying it off in July) and then booked the flights very close to departing?!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’d have booked them by now. Especially if prices aren’t moving and especially if you don’t want to go indirect. Scheduled airlines will only get more expensive close to the date although that’s not to say there won’t be a sale at some point. It’s whether you can hold your nerve. I know I couldn’t.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
saint rob
Serious Dibber

I feel your pain, we were doing the same and it looks like we go around the same time. We booked ours last weekend using our Virgin miles which we were trying to save up because those prices were not coming down to what we wanted. It all depends on how brave you want to be, we were not that brave
saint rob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
beswicky2k
Excited about Disney

Same here, we are booked in Disney for 7th Sept so happy to fly out 6th or 7th September from Manchester but still not booked flights yet they seem to be around 400-450 with luggage so need to get booked soon but have been spoilt in the past with bargains such as £312 with Virgin direct during August and £360 for direct during June.
Old 15 May 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post

I would have booked by now for September. Whilst it sometimes is possible to get cheaper, I think £500 is not a bad price at all for direct flights. Flights don't usually become cheaper nearer to travel time, it is more likely to go the other way.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

I personally would have booked flights by now..

I found flights on your dates with Norwegian (Flying from LGW) £460pp including x2 20kg luggage.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake

Edited at 09:04 AM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Live4holidays
Getting to know the DIBB

We have booked days before! We sometimes get really cheap prices, however last year they just kept rising. Still haven't got flights for this August yet!
Live4holidays is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

I'm in the same position we are booked for 25th October, the flights on the 28th are much more reasonable, however, the accommodation has become very limited so there's no chance of moving my hotel stay! I live in the North East I'm currently watching every airport, it is looking more than likely we will have to travel from London & then still do an indirect flight x
Old 15 May 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
How late would you leave it to book flights?

We are supposed to be departing 26 September returning 12 October. The prices direct on these dates haven’t budged for months despite dates very close to them coming down. We won’t go indirect so are choosing between MAN or LGW to MCO. We also aren’t driving so it’s only MCO as an arrival airport option.

Including bags prices are around £500-550 each, but dates either side are £100-150 lower!

Without obviously considering changing dates etc., how long would you leave it before biting the bullet and just booking? We are just over four months out now. We will pay the current price if needs be but were hoping for around £400.

Has anyone ever had accommodation booked like we have (paying it off in July) and then booked the flights very close to departing?!

Its £477 with Delta coming back on the Saturday.
Old 15 May 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thomas cook has some good late deals atm 12th June 2 weeks at LBV inc car 470 pp. Maybe take a late package and just don't use the accommodation
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List