Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Nov 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Heat Pump Condenser Driers?

We have just bought a Smeg heat pump condenser drier and while the advert on AO said it will take a little longer, it is taking about 3 times as long and the clothes still aren't as dry as in our old vented drier. We like the fact that the electricity usage is lower and to be fair the clothes do feel softer when they come out, but seriously, 3 hours to almost dry a load of washing.

Anyone else got one? Do you have the same issues?

TIA
Old 19 Nov 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

We had one of the Hotpoint ones and it was awful. It took forever to dry one load. Luckily we had only had it about a month when the recall came out so I contacted Costco who we had purchased from and they picked it up and refunded the next day. I then bought a Beko bog standard condenser dryer and it has been fantastic and dried a full load in no time at all.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have a Miele one and it’s not as quick as a vented one, but takes far less than 3 hours to dry a load. I’d contact them to see if it’s faulty
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Angelina
Apprentice Imagineer

I have a Grundig one...I hate it. It takes so long to dry towels, sheets etc . Sometimes, they are still a little wet at the end.

I am so looking forward to getting rid of it soon and getting just a simple condensing one.
Angelina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I have a John Lewis one and aside from the fact they only seem to last around 5 years (this is the third) Ours tends to take around 2 hours even for towels. I do sort the washing so that I'm drying like with like. Anyway when the other 2 were on their last legs they took longer and longer and weren't drying. It turned out to be something wrong with them that was terminal. The water tank also wasn't filling so no idea where any water was going! Luckily we had insurance and they just gave me a new one each time! Only other thing is to check the filter and not only remove the fluff but hoover to get the fine dust out. Hope that helps x
Old 19 Nov 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Make sure your washer spinn is at its highest setting. It then takes about 3 hours for a full load. Make sure you keep cleaning the filters after each drying load. If there is a foam filter keep it washed and clean.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I got a Samsung one this year and it does take longer than the vented we had before. It usually states 3 hours but often reduces as the load is going. The only thing that does take ages is bedding. However we have had it since July and use all the time and have only spent £12 in energy so it is worth the change.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
It also has to be placed in a that has a neutral to warm area. If it’s in a cold area it will take longer.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Neil & Stella View Post
We have just bought a Smeg heat pump condenser drier and while the advert on AO said it will take a little longer, it is taking about 3 times as long and the clothes still aren't as dry as in our old vented drier. We like the fact that the electricity usage is lower and to be fair the clothes do feel softer when they come out, but seriously, 3 hours to almost dry a load of washing.

Anyone else got one? Do you have the same issues?

TIA
We have just bought a Bosch HP dryer. It is amazing. Takes around 2 hours and clothes come out bone dry.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I almost bought one but read so many reviews saying exactly what you’re experiencing so I went with a less efficient condenser.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List