Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 25 Sep 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

First plan - May 22

First time sitting down and planning something here! Go easy, love to hear your thoughts.

May 21st - Drive to Heathrow - Premier Inn stopover
May 22nd - Travel Day - Disney Caribean - Boardwalk or Disney Springs in the evening.
--

Day 1 - MK
Day 2 - AK
Day 3 - Swim day - BB + MK Evening
Day 4 - HS
Day 5 - Epcot
Day 6 - Swim day or Hotel Day - Disney Springs evening
Day 7 - AK
Day 8 - HS then hop to Epcot
Day 9 - MK
Day 10 - Move to Universal - Cabana bay - Universal Studios
Day 11 - IOA
Day 12 - Volcana boy - US Evening
Day 13 - Pack up - IOA - Airport 20.05 flight home.
Old 25 Sep 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Your day 3 is a Wednesday, so will fall on MK's deluxe evening hours. Not necessarily a huge issue, but worth noting as it is likely to make the evening more crowded than other nights. Same for day 8 with your evening Epcot hop. But won't know for sure on this until the deluxe evenings start next week and we can see how much it impacts crowd levels.

Similarly, day 5 being a Friday at Epcot will be busy in the evening with the festival drinking crowds that are pretty common on weekends. And it will be the start of Memorial Day weekend, so likely to be more crowded than usual. I would swap day 4 and 5 around, putting Epcot on the Thursday instead.

Disney Springs on a Saturday evening will be busy as well. Again, especially since it's a holiday weekend. Depends whether you like that vibe or would want to avoid it. If it's just for dining and you'll have an ADR, it's probably manageable. But for shopping, I would go in the morning when it's quieter and then spend the afternoon at your resort.

I really like avoiding crowds.

Edited at 05:52 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Your day 3 is a Wednesday, so will fall on MK's deluxe evening hours. Not necessarily a huge issue, but worth noting as it is likely to make the evening more crowded than other nights. Same for day 8 with your evening Epcot hop. But won't know for sure on this until the deluxe evenings start next week and we can see how much it impacts crowd levels.

Similarly, day 5 being a Friday at Epcot will be busy in the evening with the festival drinking crowds that are pretty common on weekends. And it will be the start of Memorial Day weekend, so likely to be more crowded than usual. I would swap day 4 and 5 around, putting Epcot on the Thursday instead.

Disney Springs on a Saturday evening will be busy as well. Again, especially since it's a holiday weekend. Depends whether you like that vibe or would want to avoid it. If it's just for dining and you'll have an ADR, it's probably manageable. But for shopping, I would go in the morning when it's quieter and then spend the afternoon at your resort.

Appreciate the input Thank you. I’ll consult the boss on that and May do some work around. Didn’t take into account memorial weekend too!

Thanks again
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

I would never have guessed...

Are your swim days at your hotel or are you thinking of going to a water park? I like an odd swim day to incorporate a water park and a round or 2 of mini-golf.

Looks like a good start. Time to get some meat on the bones... Where you eating (or planning on! )?

We're doing AK on our first day, partly because we're staying at ASMo so it's close and also because we're flying into Miami and driving up the night before and will be tired...
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
I would never have guessed...

Are your swim days at your hotel or are you thinking of going to a water park? I like an odd swim day to incorporate a water park and a round or 2 of mini-golf.

Looks like a good start. Time to get some meat on the bones... Where you eating (or planning on! )?

We're doing AK on our first day, partly because we're staying at ASMo so it's close and also because we're flying into Miami and driving up the night before and will be tired...
They’ll be water parks probably. We may swap one for a hotel chill day not sure yet.

We need to figure where to eat now! I just wanted to get the parks booked in and then look to where we can eat on those days.

Is there any issue with park hopping these days?
Old 26 Sep 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

I understand park hopping is still acceptable as long as you've been to the park you have a reservation for first. Then after 2pm you can hop to another park as long as there is availability.
I did exactly that too, booked my August park days and have chosen a few favourite eateries based on where we're going to be on particular days...
Old 1 Oct 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
I understand park hopping is still acceptable as long as you've been to the park you have a reservation for first. Then after 2pm you can hop to another park as long as there is availability.
I did exactly that too, booked my August park days and have chosen a few favourite eateries based on where we're going to be on particular days...
I'm just working that part out now, where to book for the days in the parks we are in.

I feel though we are a little rushed for US/IOA but it is what it is, bank says no to extending the holiday haha
Old 1 Oct 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dangallimore View Post
I'm just working that part out now, where to book for the days in the parks we are in.

I feel though we are a little rushed for US/IOA but it is what it is, bank says no to extending the holiday haha
I think you've got enough time, especially if you transfer over from Disney early in the morning since you can check in at any time really. That gives you more or less two full days, plus two half days.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dangallimore
Imagineer

I think you've got enough time, especially if you transfer over from Disney early in the morning since you can check in at any time really. That gives you more or less two full days, plus two half days.
Yeah we are planning on going early, give us more time. I wasnt sure on check-in time at Cabana bay but planned on a bag drop and heading to the park anyway.