Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 3 Oct 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Love Boat to Belfast Day 5 - Sea Day

I had always planned for my last 2 sea days on-board to be complete chill days, and now that my nerves from the Belfast visit had completely gone, I wasted no time in starting as I meant to go on – with a lie in!

I had remembered to switch off all my alarms, and was really surprised that I actually slept until around 10 – I must have really needed to catch up on my sleep!

I knew I had missed breakfast, so once I was up and dressed, I decided to head to the International café for a coffee to keep me going until lunchtime, I packed up my rucksack with my kindle and headphones so I could enjoy a good book with some music while I chilled.

The café was really busy again today, probably due to the fact that it was breezy – the captain was chasing the weather and getting us as far south to the sunshine as quickly as possible, and it was the only time I actually felt the movement of the ship (I had noticed as I headed to bed last night, but was so tired I was asleep as my head hit the pillow!)

I enjoyed my coffee having been lucky enough to find a spare table, then decided to head up to the pool area – it was breezy but still warm enough to sit out in a sheltered spot in my opinion, although they were offering blankets for those who wanted them.

I found a sheltered spot and set up camp for the next few hours - I ordered a cocktail to start and settled back with my book and music to chill.

After around an hour, I couldn’t wait any longer to eat, so headed into the buffet to check out the lunchtime offerings – I’ll be honest, I wasn’t at all inspired and left with only a couple of lemon cookies (I’d had them on my Alaskan cruise and still remembered how good they were!).

I headed back to my sheltered spot and decided to order a pizza via the app – I was also craving chips so thought I’d add some to my order too 😱

It was very quickly delivered, and totally did not disappoint! I live in a fairly rural location and struggle to get pizza delivered at home (not a bad thing to be fair as I’m trying to follow Slimming World’s diet plan!) but in the middle of the Irish Sea – not an issue 🤣

Given it was a Sunday and nobody at home was working, I was also sending lots of messages, and being asked lots of questions about my Belfast day – particularly from my sister who could give the Spanish Inquisition lessons 🤣

I was also messaging Andy in between all this, so I was checking SOOO carefully that all messages were going to the right people – I have form for sending to the wrong chats! 🤦

I spent a very lazy afternoon just chilling with the waiter topping up my cocktails periodically – I was so chilled I didn’t even take pics of all of them, so here is just a sample, some of which are actually from previous days, but looked exactly the same!

I considered at one point going to change into my swimsuit and taking a dip in the hot tub, but it just seemed like so much effort that I just stayed put 😂

Several hours later, I had to make the effort to move and headed back to my cabin to change for dinner. As I was heading back I noticed they had a glass walkway where you could see down to the sea – as we were on deck 17 it was quite a distance down, so I took a video to send to my friend Rachel – not a fan of heights!

Once I was showered and changed, I headed down to the restaurant having made arrangements with Andy to call later, and was seated in my now usual place and had the usual exceptional service from the 2 waiters looking after me.

I ordered a glass of wine tonight, which was to turn into 3 as the meal progressed….

I decided to start with the eggplant parmesan which was delicious.

I was then persuaded (!) to have the Iced Peach Bellini Soup as they were sure I would enjoy it – peach puree and sparking prosecco – what’s not to love!

I followed this up with the meatballs and spaghetti option, which the waiter solemnly informed me he had personally prepared just for me and was going to skip dessert.

I was told that it was Italian night, and they would be heartbroken if I didn’t at least try the Tiramisu which they had spent the afternoon making, and the special was a trio of mini desserts – they were certain I would never forgive myself if I didn’t at least try them.

What can I say – I found myself looking at a plate of deserts which were anything other than mini – but were delicious!

I struggled to finish as they brought me my cappuccino, and the mournful look on their faces was hilarious – they told me they would leave my plate until I had finished my coffee as they were sure I could manage a little more!

I headed out of the restaurant convinced I would never need to eat again, and headed to the theatre for the evening show – a comedian Josh Daniels. I had ordered a final glass of wine to take with me, and I found a seat in the theatre with around 10 minutes to go before the show started.

He had been on previously, but I had missed that show so wasn’t sure what to expect – comedians on cruise ships are always a risk in my experience, but he was actually good and I enjoyed the performance as I finished my glass of wine.

Leaving the show I debated heading to a bar or taking a cocktail back to my cabin – in the end I fancied an evening on the balcony, so headed back and collected a mojito along the way. I changed into my pjs and dressing gown and headed to the balcony to give Andy a call 😊

I still wasn’t quite ready to sleep after a couple of hours (must have been the effects of my “busy” day!) so I ordered a hot chocolate to be delivered and then headed to bed with my kindle for a while before finally dropping off.

It had been a perfect sea day❤️

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Nice chilled day. The app for ordering food looks like a great idea.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Nice chilled day. The app for ordering food looks like a great idea.
It really was - I’m going to miss it on the next cruise back onboard Anthem of the Seas 😊

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

What a lovely way to spend a day at sea. Food and cocktails look delicious!
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

What a lovely relaxing day and those desserts look absolutely scrummy
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

It's the best way to spend a day at sea cocktails 🍹 pizza 🍕 and your kindle 📙 plus a show to finish. Great chill day.
Old 4 Oct 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow the food and cocktails looked amazing 🤩
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ooh a lovely lazy day! Perfect way to spend a day at sea.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List