Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 22 Jan 22, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyAL
Earning More Ears

Simple Courthouse Wedding

Hi all, we are hoping to get married on our upcoming trip in October at the Kissimmee courthouse.

We just wondered if anyone else had done the same recently and how was it?

I also just want to make sure we have the process right?

We go to the courthouse for opening, fill in some paperwork for the license which costs around $100, then we wait and can get married the same morning there for another $30 and that's it? Also, do you need witnesses at all or can it just be the two of us and our 1YO daughter?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
DisneyAL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfans
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did this back in September 2017.
Yes just turned up filled in paperwork and paid money and got married. I even had a full wedding dress.
Message me if you want to ask any questions and congratulations 🎊
Old 22 Jan 22, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyAL
Earning More Ears

Thanks Emma, how long did the process take and did you have anyone else with you at all? Do you get your marriage certificates the same day straight away as well?
DisneyAL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We didn’t get married at Osceola but did pick up our licence there three years ago. The couple ahead of us wanted to do the deed there and then and were told they could wait twenty minutes or book for another day for the ceremony. Witnesses aren’t a requirement.
We spent an extra $350 for a ceremony here
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kellyreathomps
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We got married at Clearwater courthouse in August 2019, our 10 year old was our witness and she got to sign the certificate. They got us to read a couple of pages in a file (can’t remember what it was about) but other than that pretty much as you describe, gave us our paperwork and asked if we wanted to do it there and then which we had planned to do. They then asked how many copies of the certificate we wanted which were an extra charge (not a lot) for each copy. It’s really straight forward, easier than doing here and was exactly what we wanted.
kellyreathomps is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 23, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyAL
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by DisneyAL View Post
Hi all, we are hoping to get married on our upcoming trip in October at the Kissimmee courthouse.

We just wondered if anyone else had done the same recently and how was it?

I also just want to make sure we have the process right?

We go to the courthouse for opening, fill in some paperwork for the license which costs around $100, then we wait and can get married the same morning there for another $30 and that's it? Also, do you need witnesses at all or can it just be the two of us and our 1YO daughter?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Okay, so that trip didn’t happen 😂

We had a surprise instead and will now have our 2 year old daughter and 1 year old son with us instead for our next trip in November later this year.

My question is, has anything changed at all since or is the process still the same? Has anyone done this recently?
Old 18 Jun 23, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

I doubt it’s changed much. My husband and I married with our children who were nearly 3 and 14 months when we went. Walked in and were married within an hour.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 23, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyAL
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
I doubt it’s changed much. My husband and I married with our children who were nearly 3 and 14 months when we went. Walked in and were married within an hour.
Glad it went so smoothly for you. Which courthouse did you go to and were you able to just park there?
Old 19 Jun 23, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyAL View Post
Glad it went so smoothly for you. Which courthouse did you go to and were you able to just park there?
We went to Osceola- we hopped in a taxi so I can’t help with parking I’m afraid.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 23, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry to jump on this thread, we're planning on doing this in September. Is Osceola courthouse the closest to Disney? We're not hiring a car so will be getting an Uber.

Also everything I've read advises you to get to the courthouse first thing. Is this necessary or just the best time to avoid a wait?