Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 2 Mar 22, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post

First trip as a family Itinerary

Hi All

Hoping some of you wouldn't mind looking at my trip plan for August this year.

It's our first ever trip as a family of 3 since adopting our Son who is Autistic.

Going into this planning, I didn't want to do park hopping and wanted each day to be fairly slow paced for him with regular breaks and not too much traveling too and fro.

May ditch Blizzard Beach for an extra half day at AK but undecided yet. Boo Bash may have to be moved depending on the dates that come available.
I'm of the mind that Dining plan probably isn't going to come back in time for our trip so I have actually cut out a lot of the sit down restaurants I had originally planned.

Probably plan to rent a stroller to help out on the parts which would be very long walks for him.

All advice and tips are welcome

drive.google/file/d/1OQM...ew?usp=sharing

Edited at 08:41 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammo333
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Disneydads View Post
Hi All

Hoping some of you wouldn't mind looking at my trip plan for August this year.

It's our first ever trip as a family of 3 since adopting our Son who is Autistic.

Going into this planning, I didn't want to do park hopping and wanted each day to be fairly slow paced for him with regular breaks and not too much traveling too and fro.

May ditch Blizzard Beach for an extra half day at AK but undecided yet. Boo Bash may have to be moved depending on the dates that come available.
I'm of the mind that Dining plan probably isn't going to come back in time for our trip so I have actually cut out a lot of the sit down restaurants I had originally planned.

Probably plan to rent a stroller to help out on the parts which would be very long walks for him.

All advice and tips are welcome
cvws.icloud-content/B/Ae...9XnaQKAhc&cd=i
Hi Disneydads,

Just tried your link to see if I could offer any tip's etc on your trip plan, but nothing showing.
It maybe my end but if not you might just need to check your link for people to offer any advice.
CSR 2007,08 ASMo 2006
Orange Lake Country 2004
Hammo333 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post

updated link, so it should be fine now.

Not easy to add files on this forum.
Old 2 Mar 22, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammo333
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Disneydads View Post
updated link, so it should be fine now.

Not easy to add files on this forum.
Hi Disneydads

Been browsing your trip plan and all looks good to me.

Just a couple of general observations depending on what times you get for dinner bookings. I would give yourself plenty of time when you have firework shows afterwards as generally the booked time can be up to 30 mins later.
So you end up rushing to find a view point along with everone else.

Another observation is to give yourself plenty of time to get to your horse riding at Fort Wildernes as this seemed to take us an eternity to get there when my wife did the horse ride. We got disney bus their then needed an internal fort wilderness bus to stable area, followed by disclaimer form & weigh in etc before finally getting on a horse.

My only other offerings would be to recomend the dinner buffet at Boma especially as your there. Also we have allways enjoyed Splitsville at Disney Springs.

I would also just be aware how humid in August on your long stay park days as this can be quite tyring/draining etc.

Hopefully these maybe of some help to you.
CSR 2007,08 ASMo 2006
Orange Lake Country 2004
Hammo333 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Looks pretty good. As Hammo says, if you're hanging around parks all day it's going to be long/draining days.. We're possibly doing the same in terms of full days in parks but will do adhoc hopping when we feel like it.
On those long days make sure you take time to find a shaded spot somewhere for a rest and a cool drink and a dole whip (other snacks are available!).
Old 3 Mar 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Your Autistic son may find a full day in the parks overwhelming. I mean your other children may too. You know your children better than anyone.

My oldest daughter has Microcephaly with cognitive disabilities, severe sensory issues etc.

We find around 5 hours in a park is her max, that's with breaks, snacks and some use of ear defenders etc.
We also always plan to be in the parks either from opening or after 4 till close, it's so so hot midday especially in August.

Animal kingdom is my whole families favourite park. It always feels much calmer than the other parks. I understand if you have smaller children that the rides here are limited but the animal trails and Safari are amazing.

Congratulations on the adoption 🎉

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the early feedback

Yeah deffo not planning open until close, we struggle with that as adults lol

Our son is always up very early so I expect it to be the same in WDW so I imagine a lot of park openings.

Days like AK I see us being done by about 3pm and then just going back to the Lodge.

With late finishes like Magic Kingdom it will probably be either a 1-2pm start or we do back to the resort for a long break in the middle of the day.

Certainly days where we are doing fireworks, the plan is to go the park next day later

With us going to Vero, I’m thinking of dropping Blizzard beach but I may wait and see on the day. (Make a Park reservation Incase)