Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 27 Apr 22, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Dukey87
First POST

April or August

Hi All,

I haven’t been on this website since my last visit in 2013 with my wife (assume my account was deactivated from no usuage).

I went in October/November and it was amazing (didn’t feel like it was too packed either)

I now have 2 girls (3 & 5 they’ll be) and plan to go either beginning of April 2023 or end of August 2023.

Can people give any past experiences or preferences on those dates. How busy is it? is is that unbearable the weather in august?

When would you start planning?

Thanks

Edited at 07:34 PM.
Dukey87 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 22, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been both in April and here now (August). Crowds seem fairly similar - although maybe a bit busier in April but we coped better with the weather in April. August is doable but we have found we need to be home / indoors between 2 ish and 5 ish each day as the heat is pretty exhausting during those times
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 22, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Homer'sWife
Excited about Disney

Also here now and the heat is incredible. Along with huge crowds it is exhausting. We prefer May over August ourselves.
Homer'sWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 22, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Have done both a number of time, but August more. You get used to the heat and having just returned from nearly 4 weeks, either it's not as hot as normal or we just manage better!
Easter is always busier than August as the weather is not so hot. Late August will be a lot quieter than April - American kids went back to school nearly two weeks ago.
Swings and roundabouts!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

April every day of the week. August is very hot and humid.
Note that it gets insanely busy at Easter, so if you are able to travel outside of the school hols at all, that would be better
Old 27 Aug 22, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

Crowd wise (best to worst):
- April (avoiding Easter)
- As late into August as you can
- Easter/Early-Mid August

Weather wise, April would take it for me. We went to Florida in June and it was roasting. We were really lucky that we didn't have a drop of rain until we were heading back to the airport, however the storms that seem to be out there at the minute would really make me want to avoid August if I could.

When we went in November last year and the weather was a bit naff, it had a huge impact on how 'happy' we felt, so I'd always try and go in a better month. You could have a bad day, but great weather and it felt more enjoyable (to us), that a day where we may have achieved more, but it was dull/raining/cold.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 22, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Easy answer - April. We go every July and August due to school holidays. It’s too hot for younger ones and I don’t like the daily rain🤣 Parks are always busy now too
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List