Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 May 22, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
scottwalker
I want to go now!

Rental car pick up time hasn't changed after flights changed

Hi, I'm due to fly out next month.

My flight times changed a while ago and I've noticed that the car pick up and drop off time haven't changed.

I'm due to arrive at 3.10pm and car pick up is at 6:15pm.

I'm due to leave at 7.40pm and car drop off at 3.15pm.

Should I phone up and change the times?

What would you change the times to?

Thanks.
scottwalker is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Who are you flying with and is the car part of a package?

To be honest I wouldn’t bother changing the times as you may end up paying more as they tend to cancel your car booking and then rebook it and I lay money it’s more!

Just rock up at the desk and collect your car. The time you exit the barrier is the time the car is due back and nothing to do with what’s on your booking confirmation.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scottwalker
I want to go now!

It's part of a package with Virgin Holidays.
scottwalker is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by scottwalker View Post
It's part of a package with Virgin Holidays.
Ok, maybe worth doing the chat option but be careful you don’t get stung with a higher price.

Personally I would leave it as it is as I have arrived up to 3 hours early and nearly 7 hours late and never had a problem. Plus you are with Alamo who are very accommodating due to their relationship with Virgin.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

The rental companies know it is an estimate. I wouldn't give it a second thought for pickup. For drop off, as Tom says you need to check the return time on your slip as it will be based on when you actually collected the car.
Old 27 May 22, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

So long as you’re arriving on the booked day and it’s an airport location, you won’t have any issues.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Summerfun
Very Serious Dibber

If it's booked through Virgin holidays they should let Alamo or whichever company they booked know. Like others have said, it probably doesn't matter, but if you have a VH travel shop nearby you might want to call in and speak to them about it. I found a couple of anomalies on my car hire booking through them, and got them to correct them
Summerfun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Summerfun View Post
If it's booked through Virgin holidays they should let Alamo or whichever company they booked know. Like others have said, it probably doesn't matter, but if you have a VH travel shop nearby you might want to call in and speak to them about it. I found a couple of anomalies on my car hire booking through them, and got them to correct them
There’s no probably, it really doesn’t matter.

If you change the times, they’ll likely reprice it, which won’t be good.

The guy at the pick up desk will have no clue or care at what flight you came in on. Whether it was early, delayed etc. All he’ll see or care about is that you have a valid reservation for that day.
Take note of the time you drive out and make sure you drop it back within 29 mins of that time on your return day and there’ll be no charges or issues. That’s the only time stamp the rental companies care about.

Those of us that keep giving this advice have rented 20/30/40 times each and know what we’re talking about.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Summerfun
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
There’s no probably, it really doesn’t matter.

If you change the times, they’ll likely reprice it, which won’t be good.

The guy at the pick up desk will have no clue or care at what flight you came in on. Whether it was early, delayed etc. All he’ll see or care about is that you have a valid reservation for that day.
Take note of the time you drive out and make sure you drop it back within 29 mins of that time on your return day and there’ll be no charges or issues. That’s the only time stamp the rental companies care about.

Those of us that keep giving this advice have rented 20/30/40 times each and know what we’re talking about.
I stand corrected!
Summerfun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scottwalker
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Summerfun View Post
I spoke to Virgin on the phone before asking here. I think the person on the phone was just telling me what I wanted to hear and was giving reasons like, it typically takes 3 hours to get through MCO after arriving and it's normal to drop the car off 4 hours before your flight even though check in doesn't open until 3 hours before.

Anyway, thanks everybody for all the advice. That's a small load off my mind.

I should have came here first instead of waiting on hold for an hour.