Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 5 Jun 22, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Autistic children. Need help with August plans, split stay three weeks

I really could do with some help planning out our days. We are a family of four. DS is 8, DD is 11. Both have autism so we have to factor this in and how we do things. My DD can get very overwhelmed and we can't do long park days. We wont do any full park days and will use DAS as and when we can. I meant to book genie + plus missed the deadline which is a bit gutting.
She is also a very picky eater so lots of sit down expensive disney dining is wasted on her. As my daughter is so fussy adult portions will be a huge waste of food. I really don't know where to eat. DD is so fussy she has the potential to make every meal out challenging. My son and I love food though so i'm a bit stuck as to what to do, im guessing QS will be our go to option.
Son and husband are star wars mad. Will try to book Olgas.

These are our plans/booked park days. I'm aware we wont go to everything we have booked and will cancel days if we don't go but want something booked in just in case! I'm also aware that if children need to chill we will cancel plans at last minute and stay by the pool. Still need to factor in meals and when to go to Typhoon Lagoon and shopping/malls

Fri 5th August-Travel to Premier Inn Bath Road LHR
Sat6th August: No.1 Lounge and Virgin flight to MCO at 12.45 (will have to take food for children)
Check in at CBR (need to book mears) Eat at CBR

Sun:7th August AK (Book Tuskers House for late breakfast) for early entry then back to the hotel for the pool.
Evening: ?
Mon: 8th August MK. No idea where to eat
Breakfast in room (split the day and come back in the evening for fireworks)
Tue: 9th August HS (Breakfast in room)
Try to book Olgas. Then Disney Springs
Wed: 10th August Epcot Try to book Space lounge
Thur: 11th August check in at RPR for two nights. US/IOA
dinner at Cowfish
Fri: 12 August US/IOA. Dinner at Margaritaville
Sat 13 August, Volcano Bay, collect car at Disney and move to Villa in Emerald Isle (booked via vrbo) for two weeks
Walmart shop.

Sun 14 August villa day/pool/shopping
Mon 15 August Typhoon Lagoon and then HS booked
Tue 16 August Disney Springs then MNSSHP
Wed 17 August Lazy morning in villa, Epcot in evening.
Thur 18 August MK booked
Fri 19 August AK booked (book Yak and Yeti use Landry card)
Sat 20 August HS booked
Sun 21 August Rest Day/shopping
Mon 22 August US/IOA
Tue 23 August MK (early close due to MNSSHP)
Wed 24 August AK booked
Thur 25 Aug Epcot booked
Fri 26th MK (early close) Last full day
Sat 27th Check out, leave luggage with resort. Disney Spring. Collect luggage, Drive to MCO Flight home 5.30pm.
Sun 28th morning Land at LHR

This is nt our first trip, last went in 2018, before that 2015. First time staying at Disney and first time DH will drive.

Thank you
TC
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 22, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Evening,

A good option foodwise for you guys might be quick service rather than sit down meals. Colombia Harbour House in MK is really good. You can order through the MDE and you can make adjustments to orders such a no salad etc for your daughter.

If you do go for sit down meals,you can order kids meals for your daughter no bother. Only places that will be an issue is buffet places.

I think the epcot food and wine festival will be on when you are there so a night eating around epcot might be good, small portions and plenty of choice. Just avoid at the weekends when it gets really busy.

You can also get uber eats to the villa then everyone can have what they fancy!

Em
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Hi. We are traveling at a similar time and also have a 3 week split stay.

Our eldest daughter has microcephaly, is cognitively disabled and uses a wheelchair. We cannot do full park days. Not that I'd want to in August heat. 😃

For Florida we have never booked a sit down restaurant, too much is centered around how she feels. We would end up canceling at the last minute too often.

We have our first 4 days as early starts, doing each park with early entry till just after lunch time.
Those afternoons and evenings free for rest, pool time or popping to the outlets.

The rest of our Disney days will be late afternoon, evening only, possibly 4pm till close. We always want to avoid the midday crowds and heat. These mornings will be for pool time and exploring the area around our off-site hotel. My younger two children (I say younger as if they're toddlers lol, 14 and 16) just wanted to be in the pool last trip so I've promised to allow plenty of time for the pool.

We then have 6 nights at Cabana Bay for Universal, this is a free for all as it's easier to separate our group and walk back to the hotel if daughter gets overwhelmed.

Food wise, I'm lucky that we all are happy to eat anything including eldest daughter. She does have swallowing issues that are elevated when she is overstimulated, coughing gagging the lot. She gets embarrassed in a sit down so QS suits us better in Florida.

If you have the MDE app have a look at all the dining options in each park, not just the QS restaurants. The stalls are in there too ( I think the small food carts are missing).

In Animal Kingdom for instance I want honey chicken from yak n yeti, kumals fries and 8 Spoons Mac n cheese are just 5 minutes away to we can all grab what we fancy and sit in the yak n yeti area. Don't feel stuck to all eating from the same QS menu.

We did eat at Cowfish last trip but we just popped in and got a table but I'm actually thinking it will be busy in August, I may have to book a table and cross my fingers as it was my favourite meal last trip.

Having a villa will give you loads of options for making your own food and Takeaways, sounds lovely for some wind down time aswell.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
davidh71
Trying for More Ears

If she will eat the Chicken Tenders then pretty much every TS restaurant will do them - even if they are not on the menu - Just ask. They are pretty helpful in general and will do what they can to help.

Many TS restaurants in the past our daughter only ate Chicken Tenders or chips or Bread and Butter, and sometimes nothing but dessert and a drink. If that was all she wanted then we just went with it.

We are not planning many TS this year though as will work out too expensive without the Dining Plan! Hoping we will find enough options on QS for her, but will also be taking a lot of food with us that we know she will eat.
davidh71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohana7
Staying in the Castle

We are similar to you, apart from our children are now adults, still fully dependent upon us. My advice would be to only look for quick serve meals, look on the Disney app and trial run mobile ordering (don’t check out) what you may eat and where in each park. This gives you preplanned options, for example if your in MK, where would you eat in Tomorrowland, Fantasyland land etc. When you need a break you will know where to head for based on nearby options, rather than a pre planned one that maybe the other side of the park.

The app also has the benefit that you can show pictures of the food to your children and this may make it easier for them to select which meal.

We always order ours childrens meals. No one questions it at quick serve, and if they are hungry later they can eat again, which is better than wasting adult portions.
Ohana7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Great ideas thank you.

Think we will only book one character breakfast and that will be it for Disney sit down meals.

We have watched vlogs so they are making list of foods but it’s all cakes/treats! 🤦
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Great ideas thank you.

Think we will only book one character breakfast and that will be it for Disney sit down meals.

We have watched vlogs so they are making list of foods but it’s all cakes/treats! 🤦
Haha,it's all about the sweets. 😁

You might find with the heat nobody will want 3 meals a day. We tend to have a big breakfast, picky lunch and then a nice tea. Maybe something like that might work for you as well?

I always go with a huge list of snacks and never eat half of them! 😅

Em
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 04:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry I can’t offer you any advice as our holiday will be different but we have lots of overlapping!

Down at Premier Inn on the Friday. We are on the same flight and AK is always our first day too. We have the same MNSSHP but we come back on the later flight.

Happy ADR day though. I’m armed with my list for 11 today 🤞.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List