Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

We Love Food - Day 7 - Thu 19th May 2022 - Bob Evans, Villa food

We Love Food - An offsite dining report - May 2022

Day 7 - Thursday 19th May 2022

Bob Evans, Villa Food

Bob Evans, US192 between Walmart & Marker 6

We decided to go to Bob Evans for breakfast this morning. Another old favourite, it's a must do for us. What I like about Bob Evans is that the servers are more mature mainly, which gives it a homely feel. We've been to this particular branch many times, and as it's the closest one to our villa, we decided that it was a good shout for this morning.

We were brought menus and coffees.

Neil ordered the Rise & Shine breakfast (Two farm fresh eggs cooked to order and choice of breakfast meat. Served with your choice of freshly baked bread). He chose bacon as the meat, and home fries. For his bread choice, he had the banana nut bread, which he said was really nice, not dry at all and very tasty.

I had the Farmers Choice (The Original Farmer tastes like a classic! Your favourite farm-famous breakfast meat, two fresh-cracked eggs cooked to order and three buttermilk hotcakes or two slices of thick cut brioche French toast). For a change from my usual choice of ham I went with link sausages today, and hash brown. My pancakes (hotcakes) were served later, as our server came along and said they had been burned and she wasn't serving them like that so a new batch would be a few minutes. When they arrived they were steaming hot!

Service was maybe a tiny bit slow, but we weren't in a hurry, and the food was all good, hot and fresh. $26.61 + tip.

Villa Food

We spent a while at Disney Springs next, but didn't have any food there. After we were home a while, Neil had his leftover pizza from yesterday, and a while later I had mine. These heated up really well and tasted just as nice as they did when they were freshly made.

I wasn't feeling very well, just a bit tired and lethargic (probably due to the heat and humidity) so we decided not to go out for dinner and just have some of the food we had bought in the supermarkets. We made sandwiches and crackers & cheese and cracked open the big bottle of wine we had bought a few days ago.

Sorry, not a very exciting food day today. Total food/drinks spend today $26.61 + tip.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 22, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
SmellyDelly
Trainee Dibber

Hope you're feeling better x

Never been to Bob Evans, its definitely on our list. Love the way you described it as homely...thats our cup of tea 😘
SmellyDelly is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Now that looked like a good breakfast for you both Lynda
A well deserved afternoon/evening in the villa too , I hope you feel better now 😘 xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The breakfast at Bob Evans looks really good. Nice to have a chill out at the villa in the evening, your plate of cheese on biscuits is really making me hungry and we've only just had dinner!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SmellyDelly View Post
Hope you're feeling better x

Never been to Bob Evans, its definitely on our list. Love the way you described it as homely...thats our cup of tea 😘
Thank you, I was fine after a good night's sleep. You should definitely try Bob Evans, I think we discovered it on our very first trip and have loved it ever since! The one down by Posner Park is our favourite, but they're all nice (and homely )

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Now that looked like a good breakfast for you both Lynda
A well deserved afternoon/evening in the villa too , I hope you feel better now 😘 xx
It was a much better breakfast, we really enjoyed it.

Sometimes a bit of down time is what's needed. I hadn't been sleeping well since arriving, so I think the heat and tiredness just caught up with me. I was much better the next day.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The breakfast at Bob Evans looks really good. Nice to have a chill out at the villa in the evening, your plate of cheese on biscuits is really making me hungry and we've only just had dinner!
Breakfast was lovely, and some chill out time was just what we needed. Crackers & cheese is always a good "go to" snack

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
That breakfast looks really good x

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
That breakfast looks really good x
It certainly was! Bob Evans remains one of our firm favourites.

Old 7 Jun 22, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

The Bob Evans breakfast looks really nice and pretty good on price too!

Sorry you weren't feeling great, sometimes you just need that chill out time though don't you and you can't beat cheese and crackers! I hope you felt better the next day x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 22, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
The Bob Evans breakfast looks really nice and pretty good on price too!

Sorry you weren't feeling great, sometimes you just need that chill out time though don't you and you can't beat cheese and crackers! I hope you felt better the next day x
Bob Evans is a winner for us, both on food and price 😊

I felt much better the next day after finally getting a good sleep. It was nice to chill out with no pressure to get ready and go out anywhere.