Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 31 May 22, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
August - Miami / Keys / Disney Plan

Hi All,

Going to Florida in the second half of August this year. Finally getting to visit the keys and then a week at Disney (on site for the first time). This is the plan so far:

S 20/08 - LHR - MIA / Check into hotel / Meal / explore before crashing out!
S 21/08 - Miami
M 22/08 - Miami / Car Pick Up / Drive to Islamorada (with stops)
T 23/08 - Islamorada to Key West (with stops)
W 24/08 - Key West
T 25/08 - Key West / Dry Tortugas (by seaplane)
F 26/08 - Leave Key West drive to St. Petersburg (with stops)
S 27/08 - Weedon Preserve Parkrun! / Drive to Disney / Check into POR / EP or DS
S 28/08 - MK (KTTK tour)
M 29/08 - EP
T 30/08 - HS
W 31/08 - TL / EP
T 01/09 - AK
F 02/09 - HS
S 03/09 - Pick up Car / Labor Day Outlet Mall Shopping / MK
S 04/09 - Beighnet Fun Run (if it returns in time) / Drive to Miami Airport (via Sawgrass Mills Mall) / Fly Home

No firm ADR plans yet, waiting on my fussy eating DD to look at the menu's for the places I want to try. I think we will QSR for a lot of our trip as that suits us both.

I wanted a stay on Disney to be taken at a slower pace and to pick our parks on the day, Covid and the park reservation system put paid to that. Our booked days are only provisional at the moment and were based on the touring plans busy day guide. So we may change these nearer to the time (availability allowing). Also we want to take the parks at a slower pace and pick and choose what to do rather than trying to do it all.

Hoping to avoid having to purchase Genie + & ILL, although may relent for a HS day. Will do early entry most days.

Edited at 02:12 PM.
Siddex is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I drove from Orlando to Miami with a stop off in Sawgrass Mills before the return flight. Be very aware of the rush hour traffic in the afternoon. The sheer volume of traffic meant that everything on the road came to a standstill and I started to sweat. It didn't matter how high the aircon was turned up I continued to sweat until it started moving again. We got there by the skin of our teeth.
Old 10 Jun 22, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The seaplane and Dry Tortugas are fab!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
Just noticed both of my MK days are at the weekend! Might have to rejig them, so I can at least one midweek MK day where I am not doing anything else, so I can early entry and take advantage of the first couple of hours being relatively quiet (quieter than the rest of the day!).

That or I might stack Genie + reservations for the afternoon after car pick up / shopping.
Siddex is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 22, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
Originally Posted by Siddex View Post
Just noticed both of my MK days are at the weekend! Might have to rejig them, so I can at least one midweek MK day where I am not doing anything else, so I can early entry and take advantage of the first couple of hours being relatively quiet (quieter than the rest of the day!).

That or I might stack Genie + reservations for the afternoon after car pick up / shopping.
Decided on our last full day (which is a Saturday), we will visit for about 90 mins using early entry, go off pick up our car from the Car Care Center, then Premium Outlets labour day sale shopping, before going back to MK in the afternoon / evening - staying until the bitter end (10.00pm). I will also purchase Genie + that day and be stacking rides for the afternoon / evening using the 120 minute rule.

Let's see how that goes!