Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 22, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile Planning for Disneyland

I don’t know if it’s because I’m out of practising planning after covid or because I’m not experienced in DL (been 20years ago but not helping!) and can’t concept how much time I need but I am struggling to plan our time.
Our last 5 nights are at DL and we have 5 day tickets, we arrive on the Monday from Santa Monica and have to drop the car in Anaheim after dropping luggage to Grand Californian. I specifically booked that hotel to be close and to be able to have pool time in a nice pool so free time is important but I am also thinking about knotts berry farm for my two older teens and doing the princess breakfast for my youngest who can’t remember princess experiences at wdw pre covid. I also want to visit trader Sam’s as that’s one we’ve never done in Florida.
Will I have time to do all that without rushing the parks? How long do people generally plan for the parks? We’re definitely more of an afternoon at the pool type of people.
Old 16 Jun 22, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We were first time visitors earlier this year and also had five nights at the Grand Californian. We did go into the parks each day (but not all day) of our five day tickets, but we like repeating things and definitely would not have missed anything if we had fewer days in the park.

A day elsewhere, plus pool time, Princess breakfast and Trader Sam’s sounds easily achievable.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 22, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you, pleased to know it’s doable in 5 days. We like to repeat things we like as well, which is why WDW is easy for us as we know what we like do that and get pool time. There are so many more attractions at DL but I’m probably forgetting how close we will be compared to the hassle of buses/car back to hotel.
Old 16 Jun 22, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Thank you, pleased to know it’s doable in 5 days. We like to repeat things we like as well, which is why WDW is easy for us as we know what we like do that and get pool time. There are so many more attractions at DL but I’m probably forgetting how close we will be compared to the hassle of buses/car back to hotel.
Ive been going to Disneyland California for over 10 years.

I started with 1 day part hoppers with friends.

Then I started doing solo trips. My first few trips were 2 day park hopers, then I moved to 3 day 1 park per day and now on my next trip in 10 days I am doing 4 days 1 park.

While I never want to leave and always wish I had more days, even doing 2 day park hoppers or 3 day 1 park, I always achieved what I wanted to do.

With 5 days you can defiantly have time to go to Knotsberry, and all the other things you want to do.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List