Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 Jun 22, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Hi. You may want to start a new thread on the general DVC discussion so that more people will see it and be able to offer an opinion. I bought beach club resale points a few years ago and I’m very happy with my purchase!

There are a few things you need to consider. When you have quoted the cost have you taken annual dues into account? These are currently $7.54 a point for beach club, which would be an additional $2450 a year. Over time you will spend more on these than the buy in cost. You also mention going every 3 or 4 years. DVC tends to work best for people who go annually or every other year. Although you can bank and borrow to go every 3 years they can always put restrictions on (as there are currently) and it is difficult to get the exact number of points you need as there is very little flexibility. Would you be happy renting your points out when you’re not going?
Noodlez is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vegboatride View Post
Hi that sounds like a lot of points if you are planning on going every 3/4 years as you can bank and borrow points
I've read more and like the look of the banking and borrowing so i'm now thinking new direct from Disney.

...thanks for pointing that out as I hadn't come across it!
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

You can bank and borrow resale points and at the moment it’s a buyers market. I recently made a cheeky offer for 50 boardwalk points for $135 which was accepted.
I can recommend Fidelity Real Estate, I used them for my first purchase and I’m using them again. They send all paperwork by email which you can sign on your iPad/phone and return by email, very user friendly.
I would recommend buying where you want to stay and possibly buying two contracts at different resorts to give you more options.
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
Hi. You may want to start a new thread on the general DVC discussion so that more people will see it and be able to offer an opinion. I bought beach club resale points a few years ago and I’m very happy with my purchase!

There are a few things you need to consider. When you have quoted the cost have you taken annual dues into account? These are currently $7.54 a point for beach club, which would be an additional $2450 a year. Over time you will spend more on these than the buy in cost. You also mention going every 3 or 4 years. DVC tends to work best for people who go annually or every other year. Although you can bank and borrow to go every 3 years they can always put restrictions on (as there are currently) and it is difficult to get the exact number of points you need as there is very little flexibility. Would you be happy renting your points out when you’re not going?
I have looked at dues yes and I'm going to work out realistically how many Disney holidays we will be taking over the next 15 years and who will be with us, then decide based on those numbers and on how many points we'd need etc.

I would rent them out yes if we were not wanting to or couldn't bank and borrow for a year.

I have a California trip coming up in the next few years so I could utilise it there too (due to availability) and also Hawaii with a few days at Aulani so I believe I could try for there too.

I'll do a little more research and get this post moved to a fresh thread if I need more input - thanks for yours.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights

Edited at 06:09 PM.
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
abbiev
Excited about Disney

Hi, could anyone check if there are any studios left in any resort on the 9th dec 2022 1 night only please, thank you
abbiev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by abbiev View Post
Hi, could anyone check if there are any studios left in any resort on the 9th dec 2022 1 night only please, thank you
Totally sold out I'm afraid. Saratoga (29 or 34 points) and BWV (34 points) have one beds available.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
abbiev
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Totally sold out I'm afraid. Saratoga (29 or 34 points) and BWV (34 points) have one beds available.
Thank you for checking for me
abbiev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Hi

Could someone check availability for any studio rooms from 1st June 2023 for 7 nights please?

Thanks
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Duck View Post
Hi

Could someone check availability for any studio rooms from 1st June 2023 for 7 nights please?

Thanks
Apart from standard view at BWV you can pretty much take your pick, the 11 month booking window has only been open two days.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
LauraEx
Helping Mickey

Hi, I was wondering if someone could check something for me please. When I look at the DVC availability tracker shared in this thread there appears to be an ocean view room at Vero beach 14/8/22 available but I’ve tried to book using David’s & DVC rental store and both have said it’s not available. Obviously it is likely not available but just wanted to check before we concede and book to stay somewhere else!
LauraEx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List