Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jun 22, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
Those are both fab. I think I'll get him a pair of those smart joggers just to wear with a nice hoody or T so he looks more pulled together when needs must. I love those tan shoes too, just what I was thinking. I think he said he wanted a darker sole but I'll show him. Thankyou

I have a DS just like yours except he won't entertain chinos or jeans as they feel funny on his legs but would happily wear a suit if the occasion called for it so I am always looking out for alternatives for him for those occasions when something smarter than joggers is needed but it's not quite a suit event.
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

Matalan also do shoes/brogues in tan and dark tan.
Old 27 Jun 22, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Wanted to update incase someone else was after some smart but not smart shoes.
After a day of looking and lots of No, definitely not, are you joking etc I got a oh I think I like those.

From Cotton Trader's, never showed from here before so hope they are nice and fit. He's not a label lad so that helped.

I thought lads were meant to be easy.

Thankyou all for your help.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

My son has a navy blue suit for his prom, he is wearing plain white vans with it.
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I think trainers are fine to wear with a suit- so many people mix formal and informal nowadays and it looks really trendy- my husband wore a formal shirt, braces and bow-tie with denim shorts and Toms when we got married- I wore Toms with my wedding dress

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
I think trainers are fine to wear with a suit- so many people mix formal and informal nowadays and it looks really trendy- my husband wore a formal shirt, braces and bow-tie with denim shorts and Toms when we got married- I wore Toms with my wedding dress
DH wears clarks wallabies in purple & a yellow pair to a recent wedding
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Took my son and his friend to prom last night.

Waistcoats were very popular as were Air Force Ones my son wears black ones but there were so many white Air Force Ones with the suits it looked like a uniform.
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I’ve loved reading all the ideas on here. I hope he likes the brown shoes when they arrive, I was going to suggest something like toms, some of the lads around here seem to be sockless with trousers rolled up so thought that might be an option. I will have the joys of Prom next year for a girl who I know will not be in the least bit interested to do the whole dress thing.
I hope he he has a great night.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List