Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jun 22, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Really good luck with your renovation. I hope it all goes smoothly and you end up happy with the end result. I can't wait to see it all come together.
Thanks, we’re all set for the morning although I can’t decide if I’m ready for the refurb or if it’s the start of a crime scene

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

We’ve just had dust sheets up for a few weeks during a new ceiling and then TV wall, was glad to get them down after 4 weeks! My DH did the work. The sheets really do help, we used a mix of plastic dust covers and some old sheets we have.
Bet it looks good in a few weeks time 😊
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Today wasn’t as bad as expected, the plumber and his mate arrived at 8am and immediately set to work. There was a fair bit of noise while the drilling was being done and there’s a thin film of dust around the place but the plastic sheeting helped immensely. Luckily the weather was OK so we were able to sit in the garden to escape the worst of the noise. A couple more of the team arrived after lunch and they all worked solidly until they finished around 5pm. They hoovered before they left so I just needed a quick going over and a run of the steam mop. No major problems but he did say that the hot water tank was weeping at the bottom so I’ve decided to replace that as it’s at least 25 years old, the replacement will be here tomorrow. From what I understand they’ll be working all day tomorrow, the plaster will be here Monday, the tiler on Tuesday and then two of the plumbers will start to fit the main bathroom on Wednesday while the other team start ripping out the en-suite. That suits us as it means it’s a minimum amount of time without at least one bathroom in use..

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Good progress & it was good that the workmen did a full days work 😊

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Good progress & it was good that the workmen did a full days work 😊
Thanks, I know this plumber does good work and his reviews are excellent so was happy to wait almost 4 months for him to be able to start the job.

Old 1 Jul 22, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Great start Jakki, nice and tidy

I'm just on decorating my bedroom. We are hopefully starting building work in October, knocking walls down, new kitchen etc. Trying to get anyone to come out and give quotes is ridiculous at the moment. When they do the estimates are mental. But that's another thread
Old 1 Jul 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Great start Jakki, nice and tidy

I'm just on decorating my bedroom. We are hopefully starting building work in October, knocking walls down, new kitchen etc. Trying to get anyone to come out and give quotes is ridiculous at the moment. When they do the estimates are mental. But that's another thread
We decorated 3 rooms during various lockdowns and at least with that you know what you're dealing with. I know I got lucky getting this plumber even though prices are higher than when I originally started inquiring and like you I also had some eye watering quotes - I think if I was starting out now I'd probably be tempted to wait 6 - 9 months or even a bit longer to give things a chance to settle down.

Old 1 Jul 22, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
We decorated 3 rooms during various lockdowns and at least with that you know what you're dealing with. I know I got lucky getting this plumber even though prices are higher than when I originally started inquiring and like you I also had some eye watering quotes - I think if I was starting out now I'd probably be tempted to wait 6 - 9 months or even a bit longer to give things a chance to settle down.
Thats what we were thinking too - we've been trying since Feb/Mar to get someone to give us a quote for the building work that needs doing. Eventually we got someone who gave us a decent enough quote hence starting work in Oct, that's for now. He has to reprice the jobs nearer the time, if it goes up silly amounts we'll knock it on the head and wait.
Talk about stress.. at least you have got yours started.
Old 1 Jul 22, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
……..Talk about stress.. at least you have got yours started.
I don’t envy you, hopefully the quote will still be reasonable when he’s ready to start

Old 1 Jul 22, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 2 done and dusted and I’m pleased with the progress, the electrician was here and he fitted the new spot lights and did a few other bits. The plumbers are back Monday morning and the plasterer will be here in the afternoon followed by the tiler on Tuesday who’s expected to take 3 days as it’s going to be fully tiled.