Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 29 Jun 22, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jarra
Proud to wear my Ears

Miami to Orlando

Like a lot of people we are intending on driving from Miami to Orlando, this after an overnight stay at Miami airport and therefore an early start the following morning.

Our initial plans were to spend part of the day in Miami and then drive to Orlando at around 2pm.

So my question(s) are this, what would you recommend doing in such a short space of time in Miami?

or would you recommend picking up an activity on the way up to Orlando, I.e. an airboat tour?

or finally, take the view that there’s not enough time to do anything worthwhile and just head straight to Orlando and enjoy the drive?

Thanks all. 😁
Jarra is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Do the boat trip from Bayside Marketplace in Miami

On the way up, I would recommend Wild Willys Airboats and the Serpentarium in St Cloud. Plus Jimmy Bears BBQ.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hiya,

We are doing the same and have decided to pick up the car early and then head to vero beach for lunch and a paddle about to break up the journey. We get a free breakfast at the hotel which will keep us going until then.

We thought it would make it more of a holiday day rather than another travel day.

Em
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
The one time we stayed overnight near Miami Airport, we left the hotel at 8.30 and stopped at Vero Beach for brunch, every other time we have driven up to Deerfield beach and stopped overnight, then stopped at Vero on the way to Orlando. This year we are driving up to Palm Beach Gardens and staying overnight, will stop at Vero for brunch (weather permitting) and then onto Orlando.

Have never been anywhere in Miami other than McDonalds, the Hilton and the airport lol

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

If I go into Miami I drive to Palm Beach airport about an hour away from MIA and stop in one of the hotels near there. On the road again at about 5.30 and in Orlando for breakfast.
Old 29 Jun 22, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Fudge123
slightly serious Dibber

The boat trip round Star Island is really good, you get a nosey at all the lovely houses x
Old 30 Jun 22, 04:41 AM  
Link to this Post
happyhorn1979
A Guest at All-Stars

We are driving up to West Palm beach when we land, then straight up to KSC the following morning.
happyhorn1979 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
uk_mickey
Excited about Disney

We are driving to Orlando also, can I ask where you are staying in Miami, we are looking at airport hotels at the moment (2 nights) and there is such a large choice we are not sure where to stay
uk_mickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbey36
VIP Dibber

Abbey36's Reviews
Fort Lauderdale

Originally Posted by uk_mickey View Post
We are driving to Orlando also, can I ask where you are staying in Miami, we are looking at airport hotels at the moment (2 nights) and there is such a large choice we are not sure where to stay
Just to add we are staying in Fort Lauderdale for first 2 nights there’s loads of nice hotels there. We’re going to go to Sawgrass Mills early the first day as never been

Cumbrian Lakes Villa 2 weeks March 2011

Sunset Lakes (Sue’s Villa) Aurora 3 weeks April 2017

Hard Rock Hotel/Sunset Lakes (Sue’s Villa) Aurora 3 weeks August 2019

Royal Pacific/Sunset Lakes 4 weeks August 2022
Abbey36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List