Old 18 Feb 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Reading along and enjoying it Never had a tater tot and they look delicious
Glad you’re enjoying, ooo I love tater tots, the best way I can think to describe them is like a McDonald’s hash brown
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

I'm really enjoying your report. It's making me realise how much I need to go back!
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
I'm really enjoying your report. It's making me realise how much I need to go back!
Thanks, it’s making me hungry and miss it
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 8

Starbucks Disney Springs

We decided to have breakfast at Starbucks in Disney Springs before some shopping at the outlets. The Starbucks we go to is next to the character in flight balloon.

On the dining plan in this Starbucks only you can get a drink a sandwich and a bakery item for your quick service credit.

Mum and brother got the bacon, eggs and cheese croissant

They enjoyed these

I had a chicken and pesto panini

This was nice but not as nice as Dads turkey feast panini

This was really good, now I know it’s a bit odd for breakfast but we weren’t up very early so it was more brunch

For our bakery items we got a cookie, blueberry scone, cinnamon roll and a brownie. These were all good and it’s nice that they will warm the cinnamon roll for you.

Yachtsman Steakhouse

I was really looking forward to dinner tonight, I’d been to Yachtsman and loved it but my family hadn’t tried it before.

I love that you walk past the kitchen and they have the different cuts on display

My mum, brother and I had the filet mignon and fries

This was amazing! The steak was cooked perfectly just as each of us requested and was just lovely and tender. The fries are also really good, not standard fries.

Dad got the ribeye and potato gratin

He really enjoyed this too, we all agree this was the best meal of the trip and I’m really glad they enjoyed the meal I suggested.

For dessert Mum and bro got a sorbet trio

This was ok, mum didn’t remember having it so can’t have been that good.

Dad got a creme brûlée

He enjoyed this said it was nice.

I got the seasonal apple dessert following the severs recommendation

This looked amazing and tasted lovely, the only thing is I wished the apple taste was stronger. It was really beautiful and I hated breaking it to eat it.

I know some are against two credit meals but we all agree that we loved this meal and it’s worth it for us. It’s definitely going on the list for our next trip if we have the dining plan.
Old 4 Apr 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 9

This morning was a bit different, Mum and Dad went to do laundry and I went and had a swim.

We decided to head over to EPCOT for some food and wine, we shared all of the items rather than have multiples of the same thing so we could try more.

Food and Wine Booths

Australia

Roasted Lamb Chop with Sweet Potato Purée, Bush Berry Pea Salad and Pistachio-Pomegranate Gremolata

Deconstructed Pavlova with Pastry Cream, Citrus-macerated Berries and Lemon Myrtle Meringue

The actual lamb was nice but I prefer the version they’ve had before with a more pesto like sauce and crispy potatoes. Glad I had it but not one I’d need more of on the same trip.

The pavlova was nice, sweet but the fruit balanced it out.

Appleseed Orchard in Canada

My brother got the frozen apple pie drink

He loved this drink, it was a really nice refreshing drink.

France

Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley

Boeuf Braisé à la Bordelaise, Pomme Dauphine: Beef Braised in Cabernet Sauvignon with Red Onions and Puffed Potatoes

Crème Brûlèe: Crème Brûlèe with House-made Chocolate Hazelnut Cream

The escargot was something I knew I’d wanted to try before we flew out. I really enjoyed it and it was my first time eating snails. If you’d told me they were mushrooms I wouldn’t have questioned it, similar texture. It was a bit garlicky but that’s not a bad thing for me.

Dad had chosen the braised beef, he said it was nice and he’d have it again.

We shared the creme brûlée, I’d have preferred this without the hazelnut creme at the bottom, the crunch top and custard were good.

Belgium

Golden Malted® Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream

Golden Malted® Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream

We got these mainly for Mum, the favourite was the fruit one and the little bit I tried was really good.

Morocco

Spicy Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomatoes, Onions, Tzatziki, and Chipotle Sauce

These were a pick just for Dad and he liked them

Japan

Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed Bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce

These are lovely, the bun is lovely and fluffy and the filling is full of flavour.

I tried getting my brother to try it but he was convinced he wouldn’t like it, managed to get him to try it half way through the American pavilion and we had to walk back to get him one he liked it that much, he had several more over the holiday. He couldn’t walk past the booth and not get one.

Joffrey Hollywood Studios

We parked hopped over to the studios and I grabbed one of things I’ve been wanting to try after seeing it in vlogs.

Peach Ice tea

I’ve heard loads of good things about this but honestly it was disappointing. It was really weak with the peach flavour, I won’t be getting this again.

Epic Eats

Another item that I’d seen on Instagram was the cookies and cream funnel cake. This is in Epic Eats which is the stand to the right of the Indiana Jones show.

We shared this between all four of us and it was so good and one of things we are still talking about now. It’s a good size to share and a great use of a snack credit.

I’ll cover dinner in a separate post
Old 4 Apr 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A great day of snacks. Would you believe that we had one of those funnel cakes from epic eats each! Yep, I know we are gluttons! In our defence it was near the end of the holiday and we had loads of snack credits. DH had to have a long sit down afterwards as it was so huge!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A great day of snacks. Would you believe that we had one of those funnel cakes from epic eats each! Yep, I know we are gluttons! In our defence it was near the end of the holiday and we had loads of snack credits. DH had to have a long sit down afterwards as it was so huge!
That funnel cake was lovely, I wouldn’t be surprised if I had whole one next time.
Old 2 May 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 9 Dinner

The Edison

Dinner tonight was in Disney Springs, we’ve all been here before but not all together.

I clearly had my priorities straight as the only picture of the menu that I took was of the wine list

Three of us got the cheeseburger, well mine was without the cheese.

This was nice but that’s all I can say about it.

Dad got the prime rib

He enjoyed but again nothing overly spectacular.

We got chocolate cake and sorbet for dessert.

These were disappointing, the cake managed to be dry and too rich and everything you don’t want in a cake all at the same time.

The main draw of this place is if you go later there is entertainment, but for me the food just isn’t worth it and I won’t be putting it on the list for the next trip.
Old 15 May 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Karababe
Excited about Disney

Ohh looking forward to the rest of this. Going to read the 2016 one now x
Karababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List