Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jun 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smelli View Post
It’s awful for them isn’t it! But the app is very good ,it just tends to be next week dates if that makes sense... dds was put back to Oct covid and now sooner !😳😳🤪
Agree app is good, but you do only get a weeks notice
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
In my day there was at least a 6 month wait between tests due to the demand. It did mean more stress about possibly not passing 😆
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Agree app is good, but you do only get a weeks notice
DS had three weeks notice for his first test. That was after the date creeping forward by just days at a time from August, then suddenly jumping forward to May.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
As an instructor. The testi app or any other. So, so many people are using its it’s totally diluted their usefulness. Just too many people are using them. The best thing is the website. Tests go on there first before the app. You have to just keeping checking constantly. Unfortunately every single person doing a test booked at the moment, booked well in advance is saying the same thing. “I’m going to get an earlier test by looking for cancellations”. People aren’t cancelling as they know they can’t get another test! People get lucky yes, but it’s quite rare and it’s been even worse over the last few weeks, they have dried up completely. It’s like a lottery win! All of a sudden a few tests appear and are gone within seconds. The frustration is people are just booking any test even if they are hundreds of miles away just trying to get a test booked. My local test centre has one examiner some days which is ridiculous. They are being so over the top and just not getting on with things. They had recruitment drive in February that apparently didn’t go very well.

When you get an email saying the examiner is no longer available it basically means the examiner has booked the day off.

Ps. You have an option to have your test “put on hold”. It means you pay and get an email with a test date at some point. I was told don’t do this. That system isn’t giving out tests properly. It’s best to find the date yourself, if you can find one that is

Edited at 01:37 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

Can you make a complaint about an examiner please ? If so how ?
Old 3 Jun 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by windsor_hills View Post
I know many of you have experienced the same (or worse), but DD has just had her practical driving test scheduled for the end of July cancelled and moved to October!

She was hoping to have taken her test (and hopefully passed) before heading off to uni. It’s seems it’s not meant to be.

She had her theory test cancelled last year and then obviously had lessons disrupted too.

I know it’s a first world problem, but it’s just so frustrating.

We’ve downloaded the testi app to try and find a cancellation sooner, but I’m not holding out much hope.

Any other suggestions / ideas please?

It's so tough for sixth formers/uni students who are struggling with/missing out on so many of what we considered rites of passage. I know there are worse things going on in the world -- but I still really feel for this age group.

I'm not sure what you can do except keep checking the app and, more importantly, keep her practising her driving regularly and frequently, so that whenever she does get her test (esp. if short notice) she'll be ready -- and will still have lots of driving under her belt by the autumn.

Fingers crossed for her.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My DS turned 17 in October, did his theory test early May and we cannot find any driving tests at all to book 🥲🥲🥲
Old 4 Jun 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Dibbing with Tink

Thank you everyone for sharing your advice and experiences. Everyone else in a similar position I feel for you too and I hope you manage to get something sorted.

We will keep looking directly on the Dvsa site as often as we can as well as using the app. So far no joy and given how many other people are doing the same we are not holding out much hope. However if we don’t try then there’s definitely no chance of a different outcome.

I will keep you posted if any developments.

In the meantime there is now just the long wait over summer for a level results lol... 🤦
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

Yes dad had another go yesterday !😟 4 days notice on the app ! I really feel for them but it is out of our control .. good luck x
Old 4 Jun 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RuthieR
Getting Excited

My DS test was booked for 31 Dec 2020 and cancelled the night before due to the lockdown starting on 31st. Couldn't get a new test until March but that was postponed again due to covid, earliest he could get was for next week, fingers crossed he actually gets to take it and passes 1st time. He has been test ready since early Nov and this waiting is driving him crazy. Had planned to get a car last year but put that on hold due to the delays. He is now saving his money to buy a newer car in a few years when he has left Uni, he starts this Sept. Cost me a lot more in driving lessons as we had extra ones used up to the night before the 1st cancellation then had to book more to refresh him before this one.
RuthieR is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List