Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jun 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smelli View Post
Can you make a complaint about an examiner please ? If so how ?
gov.uk/government/organi...ints-procedure
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
fissycist
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
My DS turned 17 in October, did his theory test early May and we cannot find any driving tests at all to book 🥲🥲🥲
DD passed her theory test on Friday. Nothing available yesterday but DH got in the DVLA website this morning at 6.30 am and managed to get a test for 4th October.
She turned 17 in March and went out driving with DH before she was able to have lessons. She is doing really well so instructor is happy with that date.
So keep trying and a date may pop up for you
fissycist is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by fissycist View Post
DD passed her theory test on Friday. Nothing available yesterday but DH got in the DVLA website this morning at 6.30 am and managed to get a test for 4th October.
She turned 17 in March and went out driving with DH before she was able to have lessons. She is doing really well so instructor is happy with that date.
So keep trying and a date may pop up for you
Exactly this. The website is the best place. Keep checking regularly
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

My DD passed this week. Unfortunately she failed a month ago. Thanks to the app we were able to moved them booked October date to Sept then Aug then July then June. Yes we were lucky and yes I have learned to be quick on the app but for us, for £10, it was well worth it. The chances of me logging on that those weird times the cancellations appeared are less than me winning the lottery. We did put 4 test centres in and she did end up taking her test 30 miles away but we did a few practices and she’s a competent driver. I really do feel for those waiting for tests. When she failed just after lockdown it felt like the end of the world for her - partly as it was so long to wait for the next. Good luck everyone
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Ps - if you don’t want the app - it does seem that many tests get released between 9 and 10 pm at night and first thing in the morning. However, my notifications buzz at various times throughout the day
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Just to add it also very much dependant on where to are trying to do a test. The test centre I use has one examiner instead of the usual 4 which is ridiculous, where as the next test centre to me has 4 or 5. It's an absolute pain for me as it's my job and it's quite far away but if your looking for someone then try different areas.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree - like so many things in this country it very much depends where you live. Our closest centre has very few lots (we are in a big population area) so we found that by moving further away, more became available. DD has been practising with me for nearly a year so she is a competent driver. It was harder taking it out of area but clearly not impossible.
Old 6 Jun 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
I’ve just had someone book a lesson this morning for January 29th 2022! It’s crazy at the moment.
Old 6 Jun 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Dibbing with Tink

Thanks again everyone.

We have the app and in addition have been checking the Dvsa site numerous times a day (all at different times). I think 2 tests have come up very short notice via the app (I,e. In a few days time), but then disappeared literally straight away... the rest that have come up are all around the date she already has booked in October so not much help. We will just keep trying.

I guess at least she has an instructor as there are now waiting lists for those where we live too. (Luckily the instructor is my BIL). Oh and we get to do this all again next September... I’m hoping things are on more of a steady footing by then.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

Yes the app dates seem to be in the next week . But I think maybe they won’t have a chance to get in a state about it ! 🙈