Notices

Old 12 Jul 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Alton towers ride access pass

We go to Alton towers at the end of august.
Ive applied online for access ride passes for two children (well one is 18!) with autism. I didn’t have to put in any dates and I’m not really sure what happens next - do we get an email or a pass sent? Do we still queue to get it when we get there?

Thanks
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

you should be contacted by them . you will then have to supply them a photo . then when you attend the park for the first time you collect the photo card and a ride sheet. This can take time if a busy day.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

We noticed families last week with what was probably access passes. They seemed to enter via the exit area. And we’re quickly placed on the rides. Great service and really well organised I’d say. I’m sure you will have a great day. Alto towers really is a nice place to visit. Loads of space to take a break and the food was reasonably priced.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Great, thank you!
Sounds like a service that works well and will make a big difference to us! Never been to a UK theme park as a family!
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
maclondon
Excited about Disney

Wow that’s really great and inclusive.
maclondon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Be aware though that although you can get on the ride without going through the normal queue, they will write the time on your pass that you can access the next ride and that will be the equivalent to the ride queue. So its like a virtual queue. So if you go to a ride and its a 30 min queue you won't be able to go on another ride with your pass for 30 mins after riding it via the exit.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
Be aware though that although you can get on the ride without going through the normal queue, they will write the time on your pass that you can access the next ride and that will be the equivalent to the ride queue. So its like a virtual queue. So if you go to a ride and its a 30 min queue you won't be able to go on another ride with your pass for 30 mins after riding it via the exit.
I have a RAP and I went the other week but they actually only wrote on my card two times for the entire day. Both 20 minutes even though the queues were 45-60 mins. I mean it was good for me but does highlight concerns for the scheme.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Yes that is what I would expect- the wait is never the issue, it’s the sensory overload of being in a noisy crowded queue with no escape - my boys (especially my eldest just cannot cope with that for more than a minute or two.
He is extremely over sensitive to touch and noise.

Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
Old 2 Sep 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’m going tomorrow
Been told my autistic son who has adhd can’t have a pass as he doesn’t get high rate mobility on dla just highest rate care and low
Mobility
They actually wrote he’s not disabled enough
Go figure
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
I’m going tomorrow
Been told my autistic son who has adhd can’t have a pass as he doesn’t get high rate mobility on dla just highest rate care and low
Mobility
They actually wrote he’s not disabled enough
Go figure
My son doesn't get high rate mobility, just low rate, with high rate care and he has a rap. He does have a blue badge though and I did take a letter from his paediatrician explaining why he struggles with queues. Are you able to get a letter?

And that is awful that they said that! 😡
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List