Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 Sep 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Love Boat to Belfast Day 3 - Greenock

I had had a couple of late nights and early starts so today I had planned a leisurely start to my day – we were docking at Greenock today and once I realised the effort required to get into Glasgow (ie a train 😂 ) I had decided to remain on-board and have a chill day.

So imagine my delight when I woke to a message notification from Andy at 6:21! I have had a good morning message from him every day since we have been in touch, which is so lovely and appreciated, but I was really wishing I had remembered to put my phone on silence before I went to bed! Exactly 9 minutes later when I was just drifting back off, my morning alarm went off – yes, I had forgotten to switch that off too 🤦

Having determined that I was now awake, I hopped out of bed and checked out the weather and docking situation from the balcony – we had already docked and the weather at the moment was blue skies – contrary to the captain’s prediction of rain all day!

I took a few moments to enjoy the scenery and decided enough was enough and headed back to bed for another hour with my kindle and a cup of tea (tea and coffee and a kettle were all provided in the staterooms)

Once I had decided I was ready to properly start my day, I got up and ready and decided to have breakfast today in the main dining room – of course my first challenge would be to find it! It was a different one to the one I had been allocated to for my evening meals and took me a few attempts to find, but once I had I was quickly seated and given a menu to choose from. I opted for the traditional full English again with some orange juice and tea to go with it, and selected a pastry from the waiter when he brought the tray over.

It was all delicious and worth the effort of finding the restaurant!

I headed out of the restaurant and wandered over to the excursion desk to book my shuttle ticket into Belfast for the following day – this was done via an ipad self serve system, and once I finally got access to one was very quick and easy! There were several older ladies in front of me who seemed to be having issues, but I’m not entirely certain they knew what they were actually looking for so I decided to leave them to it as I was in no rush.

Once I had my ticket, I could see the clouds had gathered and a light drizzle had started, so I headed to the International café off the central atrium to enjoy a cappuccino as I had brought my headphones and kindle so could relax with my book and some music.

I ordered my coffee and sat back to wait for it to arrive – I could see that they were very busy due to the rain shower driving everyone inside, so wasn’t expecting it to be quick service as they were run off their feet, but clearly doing the best they could.

This didn’t seem to occur to the man sitting in front of me – he did nothing but complain loudly about the lack of service and delays in serving him – he had to wait 38 minutes from sitting down to receiving his coffee, and boy did the whole café know about it!

I appreciate that this is a fairly lengthy wait, but it was clear the staff were doing the best they could, and that everyone had just turned up at the same time – and it’s not like we had anywhere else to be! The whole point of a holiday to me is to chill out and let go of the frustrations of day to day life, and I think the whole place heaved a sigh of relief when he was finally served his coffee and he shut up!

I also had to smile at the lady who was wandering round looking for a seat with her friend – she was commenting how surprised she was that it was so busy – it was literally the rain shower which had driven everybody inside at the same time!

After my coffee (and my second one!) I headed back to my cabin for a while and the rain had eased off so I was able to sit out on the balcony with my book – I was feeling a little peckish by now, so ordered another burger via the app and opted for a strawberry daiquiri and while I was in the mood ordered some chocolate cake to go with it all – the diet will have to wait!

After I had eaten, I was so tired I decided to take a quick nap – I’d had quite a few late nights/early mornings and they were catching up with me!
I woke in time for the sail away and loved hearing the Love Boat theme played – I even managed to get a recording this time as it was played 4 times - bet the locals loved that 😂

I was just heading back inside to start to get ready for dinner when Andy called – he had just finished work for the day and was confirming times etc. for our date the following day. We had a lovely chat then I went to get showered and changed for dinner – but I had decided tonight to skip the show in the theatre and go to the Disney quiz immediately before dinner which was being held in the Princess Live venue. I got there in plenty of time and ordered an Illusion – they were really good from here!

The quiz was actually a Pixar quiz rather than general Disney, but I managed to score a creditable 18/20 which I was pleased with. There was a family who scored 19 and somehow another group had managed a score of 24! This turned into a full on enquiry so I left at that point to head into dinner.

I was quickly seated in the same section as the previous evening which I was pleased about as the service had been so good – I had made a point of complementing the team to the Maitre’D so wondered if that was the reason as I was actually seated here every evening for the rest of the cruise!

I wasn’t overly inspired by the menu tonight, in the end I ordered the French onion soup from the classic menu and opted for the vegetable crockpot, which was like a shepherds pie with veg rather than meat! Both were very tasty and I enjoyed them, but the star of the meal tonight was the coconut cake! It was delicious and would definitely recommend! I also ordered a cappuccino and as on the previous evening I was given 3 petit fours as I couldn’t be expected to choose between them!

I had opted for a glass of wine this evening rather than my usual cocktail, which is always dangerous for me as wine goes straight to my head! I’m also clearly very easily led as the waiters somehow managed to persuade me (!) to have a further 2 glasses during the course of the meal!

After the meal I debated going to the late night theatre show, but was actually still quite tired and didn’t want too late a night as we were docking in Belfast the following day so decided to call it a night and headed back to my stateroom. I had a quick shower and got into my pjs and dressing gown and headed to the balcony.

I used the app to order a hot chocolate which arrived within 5 minutes and ended the evening with a call to Andy – seems unreal after almost 4 weeks of messaging and calling that we will actually be meeting up tomorrow ❤️

Current distance to Belfast – 75 miles!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Lovely day and exciting plans ahead. Last shuttle back to the Love Boat is 17.00. Hope you make it back, Cinders. X
Old 30 Sep 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ooh, tomorrow’s the big day! Looking forward to hearing about it!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I love reading trip reports, but don't usually comment. It's odd, I know, as you have put them there for people to read, but I feel like I'm intruding on someone's holiday. However, in this case, I have to tell you that I am really looking forward to tomorrow's instalment! Thank you for sharing
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by meboo View Post
I love reading trip reports, but don't usually comment. It's odd, I know, as you have put them there for people to read, but I feel like I'm intruding on someone's holiday. However, in this case, I have to tell you that I am really looking forward to tomorrow's instalment! Thank you for sharing
Thank you so much - I love writing them as it’s a way to relive the holiday, and I do enjoy reading them back as they bring back so many memories! It’s always lovely to know people enjoy them too 😊
Hoping to post the next day sometime tomorrow 😂

Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Really enjoying your trip report so far, but I should not be reading while hungry. The food looks so good, and the cocktails are making my mouth water!
Old 1 Oct 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
Really enjoying your trip report so far, but I should not be reading while hungry. The food looks so good, and the cocktails are making my mouth water!
Thank you - both food and cocktails were amazing, and what is even more amazing is I went to my Slimming World weigh in today expecting a substantial gain, and had actually lost a pound! 😂

Old 1 Oct 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Yeah nearly there
Your dressing gown looks so snuggly for sitting out on the balcony
Old 3 Oct 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Ive realised I’m speed reading so I can see how tomorrow goes 😂
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Yeah nearly there
Your dressing gown looks so snuggly for sitting out on the balcony
It really was - it’s definitely coming on the next one too 😍

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Ive realised I’m speed reading so I can see how tomorrow goes 😂
Thank you - hope it doesn’t disappoint 🤣