Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 20 Dec 21, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Who’s finished work for Xmas yet?

I finished on Friday 17th and go back 5th January!

This makes a massive change as the last 4 years on the run up to Xmas 18,19,20,21,22,23rd December I would have to start work at 4am and it used to wipe me out for Xmas!

This year is bliss not having a 3am alarm clock and I am so grateful.

Thinking of everyone having to work over the Christmas period and having to give up family time.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 03:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I finished on 15th December, i was originally meant to be off the week in between Christmas and the new year for the first time in years, but I had so much to do before hand I changed it to before Christmas, so pleased I did now! Today we got town and dog to go for his pamper this afternoon! Presents to get ready for posting etc! DD is also finished for Christmas but she is going out tomorow on her respite for the day and I can wrap her presents. I had such great plans for being organised but here I am at nearly 3am sorting out what still needs to de done!
Old 20 Dec 21, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I was supposed to finish last Thursday morning but the girl doing Thursday afternoon Friday and today has got coronavirus so it’s down to me, then last night the granddaughter of the family I work for who was due to cover this week texted to say she’s been in close contact with someone who’s tested positive so she can’t come down until she’s got a pcr test -so I guess that’s me working again 🙈 For some reason she’s booked a postal pcr test but I’ve asked if she can get one sooner as I can’t cover between Xmas and New Years so I’ll need to advertise for emergency cover if she tests positive too.
As much as I usually love my job I do find getting holiday cover really stressful as the family seem to forget I have a life and when there’s only 3 of us working there it’s difficult to find cover.
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Nope 6pm xmas eve
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I finished 1.30 Friday 17th and not back until 5th. Looking forward to the break.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I’m working till hopefully no later than 5pm on Christmas Eve. I opted to only have the extra days we have off this year so going back on 29th as I was going away in Feb to Brazil. This is now extremely unlikely. I so cannot wait to log off on Friday, although plenty to do for the big day

Edited at 07:42 AM.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

4.30pm on Thursday, happy to have an early finish and Xmas eve off

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I finish on Thursday as a retail worker I’m overjoyed to be off on Christmas Eve and I’ve booked the week between Christmas and New Year off so I’m not back until January 4th 😁
Old 20 Dec 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Meeeeeeeeeeeeee... I worked my last shift yesterday and im not back until boxing day which believe me in retail run up to Xmas and sale prep it's a mini miracle lol 🤣
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I used to work in retail and it’s brutal. I’ve just dropped my son off at work and now I’m waiting for my appointment for a massage and facial and my 17 year old has just said please can I pay for it for you as a Christmas treat. He’s turning into a lovely young man (we definitely deserve it as he was a nightmare in his early teens &#128514
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List