Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Dec 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

My youngest sons birthday is December 23rd. We have always said he is lucky as it's a magical time of year and if you ask him now he's fine with it (he's 12). I'm not sure how he'll feel when he's older but I guess he'll be fine as he has autism and isn't really bothered about birthdays/Christmas (he finds it stressful) he just likes being a year older!
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

I loved having a December birthday as the tree was always up, so I had the best decorations for my big day.

Never has double up presents, birthday cards are pitiful in December but I am not fussed on cards so it does not bother me.

I have found it worse as I got older, because having to buy me two gifts - when in all honesty, I don't need anything - within a few weeks is stressful for other people, including my husband!

Two of my children have January birthdays which I think are worse than December birthdays.

One child has a birthday just as school returns, birthday party invites have to be sent out before Christmas, so a few are always lost. My other child is the last week of January, when everyone is struggling financially, that birthday party usually organised for the 31st.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I always say my brother has the best of it with a 24th June birthday
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our December birthdays are as follows:

Dad - 18th
Grandson - 19th
Sister - 26th

Hubs - 1 Jan
Me - 3 Jan.

Dad always gets a separate birthday pressie.
Sister - when she was younger she got to chose whether she wanted 2 single presents or a double one.
This year was grandsons 1st birthday so he got 2 lots too.

We celebrate DH birthday on NYE too - so he might not get 2 presents but he celebrates for 2 days

By the time we get to mine no-one wants to eat cake or drink fi fizz or has any money for pressies

DH and I will usually only buy something very small for each other as we put our spends towards our holidays .
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

I don’t have any family or friends with December birthdays so I’ve never noticed that there are “December birthday” or “Christmas birthday” cards, how odd! I’m not sure what’s wrong with asking what someone wants for their birthday though, I always ask people if there’s anything they’d like before I buy things.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
My nephews is on Xmas eve. I just add him to the present list twice so he always get two separate gifts and one is in birthday paper.

They usually have a big Xmas eve party but it does have a very Christmassy feeling even thought it’s his birthday party.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

I’m a Christmas Day birthday 😭 I always put everyone else first, and have struggled over the years that my birthday is pretty much forgotten.

My parents didn’t even try! As a kid I hated Christmas dinner, pudding and cake 🤣 my brothers got their favourite dinner on birthdays where as I had to just make do lol. Luckily I love those foods now.

I could never see friends as a child as it was a family day, then as a teen/child free adult everyone was busy and pubs mostly closed. Now as an adult the day has been about our kids for the last 21 years.

I had my first birthday cake at 16 as my mum used to put a candle in the Christmas cake I hated haha.

Have to say my husband is great, and does try to make moments about my birthday, but it just doesn’t feel right parking Christmas for my birthday.

Do I sound damaged? Anyone got a therapist number? 🤣

June 05 - Villa in Kisseme
March 06 - Enclave Suites (I Drive)
April 08 - Homewood Suites (I Drive)
April 10 - Quality Inn Plaza (I Drive)

Edited at 07:07 PM.
Nickynoonoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nickynoonoo View Post
I’m a Christmas Day birthday 😭 I always put everyone else first, and have struggled over the years that my birthday is pretty much forgotten.

My parents didn’t even try! As a kid I hated Christmas dinner, pudding and cake 🤣 my brothers got their favourite dinner on birthdays where as I had to just make do lol. Luckily I love those foods now.

I could never see friends as a child as it was a family day, then as a teen/child free adult everyone was busy and pubs mostly closed. Now as an adult the day has been about our kids for the last 21 years.

I had my first birthday cake at 16 as my mum used to put a candle in the Christmas cake I hated haha.

Have to say my husband is great, and does try to make moments about my birthday, but it just doesn’t feel right parking Christmas for my birthday.

Do I sound damaged? Anyone got a therapist number? 🤣
Oh my, a christmas day birthday must be the worst! Glad your DH tries to make it special!

From the replies received I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t like my December birthday and I may suggest mine is in future celebrated in June! 😂
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes mine is the 17th... it’s the worst, No-one wants to go out or it’s too busy with Christmas parties!
Old 26 Dec 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I don’t have any family or friends with December birthdays so I’ve never noticed that there are “December birthday” or “Christmas birthday” cards, how odd! I’m not sure what’s wrong with asking what someone wants for their birthday though, I always ask people if there’s anything they’d like before I buy things.
I haven’t seen them for a few years now but my son always got 2/3 of them when he was younger but hasn’t had one for a long time