Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 29 Dec 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

August 2022 - Itinerary V2

So after 8 months since my first draft, I’ve now worked on a V2 if I could hear some comments please. It’s really hard for park days as there’s no pattern now. I’ve put weekends in blue to help see them. Not sure on flights times just yet as they keep changing!

Key points:

- I need rest days due to health conditions (as much as I’d love to keep on going)

- Tried to keep water parks off weekends but couldn’t do it for Typhoon Lagoon (but not too fussed with this park)

- We’ve settled on these are the restaurants we want to go to but struggling on the ones when we swap hotels.

- Really want to do a MK dessert party so keeping an eye on vlogs etc for this.

- Have a deposit on very good price for the premier Universal hotel. This is in addition to our current booking so only need to have smaller bags to transfer.

- Already have Genie+ in our package and hopefully qualify for DAS. Would like to get express for SW and BG to help too.

Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I would swap HS on the 10th with Epcot on the 12th, to avoid the Friday night Epcot drinking crowds. Especially as it will be during Food & Wine. But if you're not planning a full day there, it should be fine earlier in the afternoon.

Note that with the MK dessert party, you now miss the full effect of the fireworks as you can't really see the Main Street projections from the viewing area. Even more so if you want the seated viewing as it's further over. PMM has a vlog of the seated one. The value of it has gone down a lot IMO. If you're doing it for space reasons and qualify to use the disabled viewing area, I'd recommend it over the party. Still the same viewing issue (as it's in the same location as the VIP and party areas) but at least it's not costing you over $100 each for the privilege.

Edited at 11:12 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Ahh thanks. I’ve done a little more swapping so I could have the rest day after HS and MK as they’re going to be the more full on days for us.

I’ve seen the seated dessert party but not feeling that, it was more the viewing area and the experience. It’s a kind of an all out trip for various reasons so want to do it once. We will do the first night at the end of Main Street for the projections then the dessert party later on.

Old 30 Dec 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I didn't really rate the dessert party tbh. The viewing area was good (although better for HEA than Enchantment) but the desserts themselves are pretty rubbish. Understand the going all out though, that's exactly why I did it in 2019. Did not bother this time around.

If I was doing all out again, I'd probably do the one at the Contemporary. Especially if you're going to view the fireworks in the park on another night, gives a completely different experience.

Edited at 02:57 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

I did look at the Contemporary but a bit too fancy for us lol so not so keen on it.

Thanks for the advice though, it’s got my Disney days down and that’s what was more important! I’m hoping nothing happens for this to change but a good start.